Noles lose by 60 to UGA, decide not to hang NC banner

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Hahahahahaha. They are suing the ACC. This is a bunch of grandstanding now.

If they leave the ACC, where will they end up? The SEC doesn't want them, they won't go to the Big 12. Will the Big 10 take the bait? They can always dominate the sun belt.

Sleepy GIF by Cirque du Soleil

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016

If they leave the ACC, where will they end up? The SEC doesn't want them, they won't go to the Big 12. Will the Big 10 take the bait? They can always dominate the sun belt.

Looks like those dips1ts got denied for the $120 million loan they begged JP Morgan Chase for.:bwahaha:

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018

Well, you can't spell "delusionole" without em, and they probably think, after going undefeated this year, that they're strong like Notre Dame and could be an Independent. :lmao:

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So Bobby orchestrated the initial move to the ACC, pushing aside the chance to join the SEC, because it was “an easier path to the NC,” which proved to be the case…initially. The 4 team playoff format didn’t work as well for them, however. Preseason this year, the Noles were actively trying to disaffiliate with the ACC, but a pesky buy-out that was also pretty hefty in the face of two big hits to athletic finances (Jimbo’s facility upgrades costs and the Willie Taggart buyout) made anything short of a negotiated lowered buyout a “not gonna happen event,” which it proved to be. In the interim, the ACC was slighted (Noles, Clemson too good for such a weak conference). Enter the 13-0 Noles before the playoff committee, minus starting QB and having struggled in their last 3 games, AND the chair of the playoff committee being the ACC member NC St AD…result: Noles on the outside looking in…

IMG_0159.gif

The proverbial female dog that is Karma bites another victim squarely in the arse. It would only enhance my personal pleasure if they do litigate and make even bigger @sses of themselves and their program. “Lay on, McDuff…!”

Attachments

• IMG_0090.gif
    IMG_0090.gif
    419.1 KB · Views: 11

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
they are suing to they can pay 600m to go to the Big 12? lol.... or independent?

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Given that we could have seen the horror of FSU and Ugly hunting a NC in the playoff, this has been the sole good thing that has happened for us this year.

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
No decent conference is going to want a bunch of idiots doing that infernal chant / chop in their stadiums. Nobody wants to hear that schitt.

Last edited:

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
No decent conference is going to want a bunch of idiots doing that inferal chant / chop in their stadiums. Nobody wants to hear that schitt.
And no conference is going to want a program that blamed their last conference for it's own issues - especially after the key decision maker at the time of joining essentially bragged about how easy the conference schedule would be.

There is a reason coaches don't blame the school/club that just fired them!

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Amazing circumstances..... Fun to watch!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
A contract is a contract until it's no longer convenient. That's what FSU's Hail Mary suit is about. If it's successful, it'll open up a Pandora's box for college athletics, but I can't imagine a court ruling that way.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Complete Delusio-NOLES.

These Clowns can't get out of their own way.

FSU be like.......
"Wait, what? We have to follow a contract we signed? But we don't like it now and we wanted to take an easier way. That's not fair, I don't want to do it anymore".

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
A contract is a contract until it's no longer convenient. That's what FSU's Hail Mary suit is about. If it's successful, it'll open up a Pandora's box for college athletics, but I can't imagine a court ruling that way.
Far be it from me to take the side of the occupants of the Big Top, however there is a lot of weird here.

First, I've never even heard of people signing a contract of which they could not even keep a copy. That is weird as hell. How did counsel even read it and advise the ADs?

Second, their argument that the penalty for breaking a contract does have some legal merit. It's like breaking a lease on an apartment, the landlord can charge you what they lost, the price of any rent lost and the cost of cleaning the place etc but they can't charge you a year's rent or rent until 2036.

Third, there is a decent argument that ACC has breached their duty with respect to pursuing good contracts etc for the benefit of everyone in the conference. I don't even know how you go from basically being the #3 conference to a getting outmaneuvered by the Big 12 with no decent teams in it. It is NEARLY as mindnumbing as the PAC dissolving. Realistically the big 3 or big 4 SHOULD HAVE been PAC and ACC and the Big 12 dissolving into another AAC or CUSA. It's like they locked these ACC teams into a contract and quit. Very Fooleyish.

I hope the misery continues for the Clowns.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That's one side of the argument. The other side is FSU agreed not once but twice to ACC agreements with ESPN, including the extension to 2036. I suppose FSU is going to argue it was coerced into signing either agreement.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That's one side of the argument. The other side is FSU agreed not once but twice to ACC agreements with ESPN, including the extension to 2036. I suppose FSU is going to argue it was coerced into signing either agreement.
It isn't coerced, of course, and ESPN isn't the issue. We are talking about the "assignment of rights" to ACC about which they are suing.

ACC could have easily gone back to ESPN to renegotiate like others have done, including Big 12.

I honestly don't know what the ACC is doing. They are running that ship aground. Id attack more their actions (inactions really) as not faithfully working in the best interest of the schools in the ACC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.