Noles lose by 60 to UGA, decide not to hang NC banner

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
it was only backups in the second half for georgia, no starers at all. and they won the 2nd half 20-0.

fsu can suck it.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Here’s the part that a lot of you “college football is dying” folks don’t seem to get. The product on the field is great at the top. The two playoff games were fantastic both coming down to the last play. Viewership was huge and the anticipation for the championship game is best in years. Just because we suck at playing the game under the new rules, or lack there of doesn’t mean at all the sport is circling the drain.

https://sports.yahoo.com/2024-rose-bowl-between-alabama-171438967.html#:~:text=This%20year's%20Rose%20Bowl%20between,NFL%20sporting%20event%20since%202018.
It aint college football. I haven't watched on college game this season, just excerpts. Not just me, lots of former college fans. D league football is driven by TV money. Who cares?

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
It aint college football. I haven't watched on college game this season, just excerpts. Not just me, lots of former college fans. D league football is driven by TV money. Who cares?
The 12 team playoff is going to legitimize the Champion. NIL still a big deal. I imagine opt outs are on the table for playoff games. That's going to make it interesting.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Your taxpayer dollars backing an FSU investigation: Florida's AG notices ACC for docs pertaining to grant of rights.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Your taxpayer dollars backing an FSU investigation: Florida's AG notices ACC for docs pertaining to grant of rights.

Didn’t they all agree to this? Kinda hard to claim it should be public.

I realize I’m biased against FSU, but if I lived in Florida, I’d be asking my representatives to explain why the AG is focused on this and not a more serious issue.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
FSU was down 29 scholarship players due to injuries and opt out/transfer portal.... I mean that is a signficant number. Until you realize that UGA was down 27 players in the game due to the same reasons. I don't want to hear any excuses about how FSU was too undermanned.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Didn’t they all agree to this? Kinda hard to claim it should be public.

I realize I’m biased against FSU, but if I lived in Florida, I’d be asking my representatives to explain why the AG is focused on this and not a more serious issue.

They most certainly did, which makes a large part of this shenanigan nothing but public posturing.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
FSU was down 29 scholarship players due to injuries and opt out/transfer portal.... I mean that is a signficant number. Until you realize that UGA was down 27 players in the game due to the same reasons. I don't want to hear any excuses about how FSU was too undermanned.
too late...

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
FSU could have had all 29 guys they were down and Ugly could have been without their same 27 and the clowns would still have been undermanned. They just weren't one of the elite teams this year and the dwags were.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
FSU could have had all 29 guys they were down and Ugly could have been without their same 27 and the clowns would still have been undermanned. They just weren't one of the elite teams this year and the dwags were.

FSU was always going to get ass fuched like T's mom when Durty comes over..... but thought it was kind of funny when I saw the stat.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
FSU was always going to get ass fuched like T's mom when Durty comes over..... but thought it was kind of funny when I saw the stat.
Oh My George Takai GIF

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Here’s the part that a lot of you “college football is dying” folks don’t seem to get. The product on the field is great at the top. The two playoff games were fantastic both coming down to the last play. Viewership was huge and the anticipation for the championship game is best in years. Just because we suck at playing the game under the new rules, or lack there of doesn’t mean at all the sport is circling the drain.

https://sports.yahoo.com/2024-rose-bowl-between-alabama-171438967.html#:~:text=This%20year's%20Rose%20Bowl%20between,NFL%20sporting%20event%20since%202018.

Disagree.

College bowl game attendance has declined for most non-playoff games.
Viewership (outside of the playoff games) has declined.
And participation has declined: 900--healthy--players opted out of this year's bowl games for one reason or another (mostly players transferring).

This isn't an indication that the sport is in a healthy place. We'll see if the increased playoff next year increases interest (I'm sure it will), but I don't see any way the current bowl market stays intact with the above three factors on a downward trend.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Disagree.

College bowl game attendance has declined for most non-playoff games.
Viewership (outside of the playoff games) has declined.
And participation has declined: 900--healthy--players opted out of this year's bowl games for one reason or another (mostly players transferring).

This isn't an indication that the sport is in a healthy place. We'll see if the increased playoff next year increases interest (I'm sure it will), but I don't see any way the current bowl market stays intact with the above three factors on a downward trend.
All depends on the sponsors. If they continue to pony up, then the bowls will continue. If the sponsorships dry up then the bowl games will become extinct.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
All depends on the sponsors. If they continue to pony up, then the bowls will continue. If the sponsorships dry up then the bowl games will become extinct.

Exactly.
Don't see any way that the current system continues with attendance and viewership numbers declining though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator