Noles lose by 60 to UGA, decide not to hang NC banner

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
FSU to stake a claim to the NC if they were to beat UGA? Will UGA even care that they are in this bowl game and mail it in with a bunch of players sitting out cause its a meaningless game?
We'll find out. I would guess that a bunch of leghumper players will opt out. I hope their entire team collapses.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Paul Feinbaum of all people made a salient observation yesterday during ESPN’s post-selection coverage. Several years ago the conferences were on the verge of agreeing to an expanded playoff when the bombshell news leaked during the preseason media coverage that Texas and Oklahoma were leaving for the SEC. The stunning news broke down the negotiations thanks to the temper tantrum by the ACC and other P5 conferences. Long story short, but for their hissy fit and them turning their focus to creating the short lived “alliance” with the Big 10 and PAC 12 (which never came to fruition) there would probably already be an expanded playoffs in place THIS year.

The ACC screwed itself.

Realignment left ACC schools with $30m per school per year less TV money than the SEC and Big 10, thus why Clemson and FSU have been making waves about leaving. They'd each have to pony up a $120m exit fee and now the SEC is saying it has no immediate plans for further expansion.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I don’t think North Alabama is getting nearly the amount of love that they deserve. I wouldn’t be opposed to scheduling a home at home with them as a show of appreciation.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Think Michigan is scared??

That was my thought when I saw the MeatChicken reaction to hearing they would be playing Bama. I feel they were looking forward to spanking the Noles and were caught off guard when Bama was selected as the #4 team in the CFP.

I was totally surprised when I heard it but thankful...

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I don’t think North Alabama is getting nearly the amount of love that they deserve. I wouldn’t be opposed to scheduling a home at home with them as a show of appreciation.
Or maybe a team from MEAC... tragically, the game will be played the same day we bring back "Gator Bait", and it all goes sideways from there...

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My enjoyment of college football has now been relegated to rooting for other teams to fail. So this weekend was pretty ****ing great.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
fsu did not get hosed. They played the easiest schedule of a top 10 team, are without their QB, and struggled mightily in their conference championship. They simply are not a top 4 team and the Committee didn't give in.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
It's funny to see Fsu suffer, but goddamn I'm sick of seeing Alabama be the beneficiary of everything.
Beneficiary? Their staff started the season trying to find the best QB, and played several before deciding on Milroe. That's coaching. They improved as the season continued. Sound familiar? Of course not, we regressed. They beat georgia. That's not being a beneficiary, that's winning. Good for them. I can only wish we had a staff which operates at that level. Napier likely struggling behind the scenes to replace the coaches that left. Saban would have already had his replacements identified, vetted, and ready to accept.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If I’m right ACC voted against 12 team playoff that would have put free shoes in this year, kind of poetic justice.

This also reflects the saying that “Some mistakes we never stop paying for.”

The Noles should now reflect on all the mocking and laughing they enjoyed when Booby declined an invitation to the SEC in 1992 in favor of the ACC because it “Gave them a better chance to win national championships.”

Not so funny now I guess.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Couple of things of note.

1. My facebook feed is blowing up with fsu fans whining and moaning about not being the 4th selection. Question. Why are they not whining about being the #1, #2, or #3 selection? After all, an undefeated P5 conference champ should be in over a 1 loss conference champ right? Why are they not pining for #3?

2. Louisville is the only 10 win team in the ACC and scored SIX points in a conference championship game. That and LSU are their best wins. Hell, we gave LSU a game.

3. NC State has the 3rd best record in the ACC and wasn't on fsu's schedule.

4. UNC is tied with Clemson for the 4th best record in the ACC and wasn't on fsu's schedule.

5. Clemson is tied with UNC for the 4th best record in the ACC and needed OT to beat Clemson on what many have mentioned questionable calls. This was the same Clemson team that finished 4-4 in the conference and at the time, was not a good football team. They lost their opener to DUKE 28-7.

6. UF is ready to fire their HC after 2 consecutive losing seasons and fsu needed a miracle last minute TD to seal the deal with a 5-7 UF also playing their backup QB.

7. 31-29 Boston College? fsu's best win is against #14 Louisville, which they exploded for 16 points in their statement game to the committee. Louisville lost the previous week to UK, a 7-5 team with an SEC record of 4-5. Those 4 wins are Ark, Vandy, UF, and Miss St. Those 5 losses include blowout losses to Mizz, UGA, and Bama. Blah blah blah transitive properties, any given Sat, etc. The overall season means something.

Now tell me sports fans, what in those 7 points (and there are many more), tells you fsu should be in the playoffs? Name one thing you can point to about their season that says "fsu should be in". In all honesty, Bama didn't have a leg to stand on if they hadn't beat UGA. Fair or not, you win the SEC title with 1 loss and beat the consensus #1 team and 2 time defending NC sporting 29 straight wins, you should be in especially if you play a tough schedule.

There is NO ONE on fsu's schedule that scares anyone, not a single team.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Couple of things of note.

1. My facebook feed is blowing up with fsu fans whining and moaning about not being the 4th selection. Question. Why are they not whining about being the #1, #2, or #3 selection? After all, an undefeated P5 conference champ should be in over a 1 loss conference champ right? Why are they not pining for #3?

2. Louisville is the only 10 win team in the ACC and scored SIX points in a conference championship game. That and LSU are their best wins. Hell, we gave LSU a game.

3. NC State has the 3rd best record in the ACC and wasn't on fsu's schedule.

4. UNC is tied with Clemson for the 4th best record in the ACC and wasn't on fsu's schedule.

5. Clemson is tied with UNC for the 4th best record in the ACC and needed OT to beat Clemson on what many have mentioned questionable calls. This was the same Clemson team that finished 4-4 in the conference and at the time, was not a good football team. They lost their opener to DUKE 28-7.

6. UF is ready to fire their HC after 2 consecutive losing seasons and fsu needed a miracle last minute TD to seal the deal with a 5-7 UF also playing their backup QB.

7. 31-29 Boston College? fsu's best win is against #14 Louisville, which they exploded for 16 points in their statement game to the committee. Louisville lost the previous week to UK, a 7-5 team with an SEC record of 4-5. Those 4 wins are Ark, Vandy, UF, and Miss St. Those 5 losses include blowout losses to Mizz, UGA, and Bama. Blah blah blah transitive properties, any given Sat, etc. The overall season means something.

Now tell me sports fans, what in those 7 points (and there are many more), tells you fsu should be in the playoffs? Name one thing you can point to about their season that says "fsu should be in". In all honesty, Bama didn't have a leg to stand on if they hadn't beat UGA. Fair or not, you win the SEC title with 1 loss and beat the consensus #1 team and 2 time defending NC sporting 29 straight wins, you should be in especially if you play a tough schedule.

There is NO ONE on fsu's schedule that scares anyone, not a single team.
I don't have any FSU friends, but you should see the Michigan peeps I grew up with bitching about FSU being robbed. It's practically the same thing as FSU fans, with a twist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator