Noles lose by 60 to UGA, decide not to hang NC banner

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
According to the article, between opt-outs and injuries, they will be without 19 players; almost all of whom were significant contributors. Much as I dislike them, if they can somehow beat a far superior Ugly team, I probably wouldn't blame them. (Personally, I think they are going to get absolutely curb stomped.)
Probably. I guess we "have to" pull for the self-lickers.

Last edited:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Im amazed at the noles baling out. They had a chance to play the best team all year and many are pussying out. If I was the coach and leaders that stayed my message would have been "We win this game we CAN claim the title" I think the quitters knew it was gonna be azzzz beating no matter what. With Travis they might have had a chance. This opting out of bowls will eventually kill the bowl system. College football is sad now.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Im amazed at the noles baling out. They had a chance to play the best team all year and many are pussying out. If I was the coach and leaders that stayed my message would have been "We win this game we CAN claim the title" I think the quitters knew it was gonna be azzzz beating no matter what. With Travis they might have had a chance. This opting out of bowls will eventually kill the bowl system. College football is sad now.
If they somehow beat uga with all they are missing it would be hard to argue with them hanging a banner.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
They aren't going to be undefeated so....
I believe georgia comes in motivated and able to take on a lesser team, more-motivated. All of this backlash from the Committee's correct decision should shut the crowd noise down, except for the "it's about match ups and fsu would have been able to handle team xxx but weren't given the chance". We know Kannel will have enough to say regardless.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
e". We know Kannel will have enough to say regardless.
kANAL will always be a huge homer........i was excited to see some of that game but with all the noles baling I will just glance at it. But its nice to know all those chcknshttts bailing are being examples to those younger players left behind.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
The bowl system has been on life support for a long time. The expanded playoffs should finally close down these exhibitions.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
kANAL will always be a huge homer........i was excited to see some of that game but with all the noles baling I will just glance at it. But its nice to know all those chcknshttts bailing are being examples to those younger players left behind.
I think you nailed it. "The noles were not at full strength because they got screwed by The Committee and understandably the players were not motivated to play a second tier team and risk their health and futures."

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The Nulls portal-ed a good bit of their studs this year and they bailed after not getting in the CFB. Loves seeing the Clowns revel in the misery. Portal helped them get to 13-0 and when it came time to man up, they unloaded.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Most marketable, key players wont risk injury, for a meaningless bowl, based on team needs or school pride.

The only meaningful games are the play-offs.

Which is fine, play the ones that WANT to play football, because they love the game.

Use Bowl games as glorified Spring Games. Can EEs play before school starts if they're enrolled? That could be fun.

Last edited:

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
FSU fans, apologists, players, and coaches are putting their best face on.

Mr Rogers Clown GIF

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The ACC is not helping their cause. They are currently 4-5 in bowl games with 2 games remaining. They are guaranteed to having a losing bowl season.

1703818872862.png

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
Far be it from me to take the side of the occupants of the Big Top, however there is a lot of weird here.

First, I've never even heard of people signing a contract of which they could not even keep a copy. That is weird as hell. How did counsel even read it and advise the ADs?

So, that's not accurate, from what I've read. FSU absolutely does have copies of contracts between itself and the ACC, including the Grant of Rights (GOR) contract that they signed.

The super secret contract that the ACC keeps under lock and key is the agreement between the ACC and ESPN. FSU, technically, is not a signatory, which is why they aren't entitled to a copy. However, they are allowed to review it.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
The Nulls portal-ed a good bit of their studs this year and they bailed after not getting in the CFB. Loves seeing the Clowns revel in the misery. Portal and the easiest schedule in CFB helped them get to 13-0 and when it came time to man up, they unloaded.
FIFY

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator