Norvell working on extension at Memphis

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, he's working on a contract extension with Arkansas / Ole Miss / Florida and Tennessee. He won't be in Memphis next season unless he's there to recruit a player.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
When you're school is working on an extension like Memphis, your coach is in danger of leaving.

bucsdude

Nov 13, 2017
Some chatter about him failing the UAA background check. Apparently, UTjr and Ole Miss have also backed away from him for something in his background.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Some chatter about him failing the UAA background check. Apparently, UTjr and Ole Miss have also backed away from him for something in his background.

wow. so now it's down to Frost, Taggart, or Strong.

which means it's down to Frost or 10-20 years of total irrelevance.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I'm beginning to think Scott Starkville is gonna blow it on both Frost and Norvell and the outcome you predict is EXACTLY what is going to happen.

UF football is going to be utterly irrelevant for a generation.
If we hire Strong I guarantee pumpers will be out in force telling us to step back from the disappointment from whiffing on Kelly, Frost and Norvell and see why this was actually the right hire all along, and we are lucky the way it worked out. How much he has learned since his utter failure at Texas (due to racist boosters of course) and of course how he fits the UF culture.

Last edited:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

Was it on the interwebs? If so, it must be legit.

bucsdude

Nov 13, 2017
Was it on the interwebs? If so, it must be legit.
Of course. Everything posted on any of board has a strong likelihood of being BS. Just throwing out what I’ve seen elsewhere. I have no clue if it’s true, but could explain him potentially signing an extension with Memphis.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

At this point, as long as she was over 18, it was less than 10 grams, the kid isn’t salt-n-pepper with a goatee, his accountant has an explanation, and/or the video is inconclusive, I’m not sure we’re in position to nitpick.

Last edited:

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Yo GatorCity, the dislike button is for cowards, at least be consistent brother, there is plenty dissing of your boyfriend Stricklin around here, mine was a bad attempt at dry humor versus knowledge of dereliction of duties. But, we lost to the 'holes today, I forgive the apparent bad mood :fistbump:

I think you mean RocketCity, that's cool. Calling me a coward can get you another dislike. Dislike means that I do not agree with your post. Regarding your post, my bad the humor was lost on me. I'll be more than happy to give you the benefit of the doubt.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What in the world is in his background check that is scaring teams away? Sounds like a smoke screen.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think you mean RocketCity, that's cool. Calling me a coward can get you another dislike. Dislike means that I do not agree with your post. Regarding your post, my bad the humor was lost on me. I'll be more than happy to give you the benefit of the doubt.

We're good my friend, as you can see, maybe a little bit too much Crown this afternoon "Rocket". True, I always felt the buttons should read 'agree' 'disagree'... whenever I see dislike, I get all indignant :lol3:. Anyway, I was piling on the Administration after enduring another head scalping today. I'v put my pitchfork down. Be safe Gator.

NetEngGator

Nov 5, 2017
If we hire Strong I guarantee pumpers will be out in force telling us to step back from the disappointment from whiffing on Kelly, Frost and Norvell and see why this was actually the right hire all along, and we are lucky the way it worked out. How much he has learned since his utter failure at Texas (due to racist boosters of course) and of course how he fits the UF culture.

Who do we go after when we whiff on Frost?

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Who do we go after when we whiff on Frost?
Norvell, if we miss on him or if whatever the vetting issue is turns out to be a deal breaker then I think we end up with Strong since he seems to be the only one on the list that actually wants the job.

NetEngGator

Nov 5, 2017

Norvell, if we miss on him or if whatever the vetting issue is turns out to be a deal breaker then I think we end up with Strong since he seems to be the only one on the list that actually wants the job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.