Not one baseball playoff thread (please join the rant)

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Only baseball I watch and or care about is Florida Gators baseball

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BostonGator84

Founding Member
Infrequent Frequenter
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I usually to follow the Braves regularly with my dad when I was growing up in Gainesville. But now that they aren't on TBS anymore and I can' t watch them regularly, it's hard to follow them. The fact that they are in a major rebuild makes it harder for me to muster up the energy or the time to re-become a fan. I'll check the box score and the standings every so often but sit down to watch a 3 hour+ game? No thanks. I have limited sports time I can spend each week and I'd rather watch football than baseball any day.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbgator;n284735 said:
The World Series in November is a joke. Not having World Series games in the daytime is a joke. Not having scheduled doubleheaders during regular season due to greedy owners wanting extra gate is a joke. Paying $25 now for a seat that a decade ago was $8 is a joke. Not having Pete Rose or Shoeless Joe Jackson in the HOF is a joke.

Baseball at the pro level is a joke. At least it is still watchable in the minors, college, and Legion ball.
That's right. The season is way too long. We used to listen to the series in the classroom on radio in early September. "In days of olde."

Dec 10, 2014
BostonGator84;n285031 said:
but sit down to watch a 3 hour+ game?

162 to be precise (not including preseason and postseason)

It's an absolute joke, and baseball's unwillingness to modify the schedule length (and time) is dooming the sport.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n284860 said:
In all likelihood, they lose in Pittsburgh in the WC game.
Not with this man on the mound

images

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n285458 said:
No way they lose game 6 and 7 at home with Prior and Wood on the mound, either.
I knew as soon as i posted this would be your response...

funny-gif-man-jump-out-the-window_large.gif

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
it's the Cubs - they'll manage to lose somehow to someone - it's the Cubs. I'm thinking back to the SanDiego series (1984), when they went up 2-0 in a five game series, and lost. I don't pay much attention to baseball most of the time, but wasn't that the last time the Cubs were even in the playoffs?
From Wiki
The 1984 National League Championship Series was played between the San Diego Padres and the Chicago Cubs from October 2 to 7. San Diego won the series three games to two to advance to the World Series. The 1984 NLCS was the first postseason series ever for the Padres since the franchise's beginning in 1969, and the first appearance by the Cubs in postseason play since the 1945 World Series. The series took a disastrous turn for Chicago after a promising start, which contributed to the popular mythology of the "Curse of the Billy Goat." The series was also the last best-of-five NLCS. In 1985, the League Championship Series changed to a best-of-seven format.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
oxking;n285128 said:
That's right. The season is way too long. We used to listen to the series in the classroom on radio in early September. "In days of olde."

Not to say that the season isn't too long but the World Series has never been played in early September.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Love baseball just as much as Florida sports. Been waiting 23 years to see postseason baseball again.........GO BLUE JAYS!!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Since65;n285507 said:
Not to say that the season isn't too long but the World Series has never been played in early September.
I stand corrected. It was early October. It just shows the creeping senility for me to remember September instead of October. I was in high school at the time and most teachers would bring the radio into the class. Day games.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n285554 said:
Is this thread still going?

:solitary:
If you hadn't started it, it probably wouldn't even exist.
:giggity:

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
oxking;n285642 said:
I stand corrected. It was early October. It just shows the creeping senility for me to remember September instead of October. I was in high school at the time and most teachers would bring the radio into the class. Day games.

I used to do the same thing back in the era of transistor radios and day games in the World Series. Have actually been a Giants fan a couple of years longer than a Gator fan....'62 vs '65. Only two teams I root for with measurable passion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator