Now Where is the Justice in This?

Discussion in 'Main Sports Forum' started by NovaGator, Nov 30, 2017.

1. NovaGator

NovaGator Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $37
    Ratings:
    +150 / -5
    UF hires an unknown head coach a couple years back and proves to be a flop. Administration finally pulls the plug and we have to pay him somewhere between $8 and $12 million just to get rid of him. This is in addition of what Chump is bleeding UF for every year. On top of that we are now having to shell out more money to unload the assistants that Dan is jettisoning. FSU has a head coach that has suddenly fallen from favor after a dismal 2017 campaign. Word spreads that Texas A & M has decided he is just their cup of tea and seems prepared to throw $7.5 million a year at him. Looks like he is as good as gone. But, on the way out the door, he drops off a check for what, $6 or $7 million? More than enough to clean house over there. Where is the justice?

2. gatorfan81

gatorfan81 Junior Member

Oxbucks:
    $38
    Ratings:
    +144 / -4
    Hopefully the justice comes in a dismal hire for them that they never recover from.

3. deuce

deuce I'm not as smart as I look!
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $48
    Ratings:
    +1,153 / -41
    Don't understand your point :dunno:

4. Swamp Donkey

Swamp Donkey Shytter's Full!
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $2,854
    Ratings:
    +25,820 / -548
    They have better attorneys and negotiators.

5. NovaGator

Oxbucks:
    $37
    Ratings:
    +150 / -5
    I guess the point is that they have a coach that everybody seems to want, and we had a coach that nobody wanted.

6. Double Gator Dad

Double Gator Dad Senior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $83
    Ratings:
    +1,070 / -5
    This is what happens when you HIRE a coach that nobody wants. Purdy Kewl isn't it?

7. BMF

BMF Junior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $512
    Ratings:
    +5,923 / -74
    He resigned vs being fired. Big difference in buyouts.

8. FireFoley

FireFoley Senior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $135
    Ratings:
    +1,392 / -40
    UF was blessed to have such a wonderful, intelligent, brilliant AD who knew everything and was so much smarter than anyone else, that he did not see fit to have an offset in a coach's contract that if they were ever to get another job, that the money owed by UF would be offset by any money received at their new or current position, you know a standard clause. but not Fooley b/c he always hired the best, knew they would be great and successful and would always fulfill the entire term of the contract. Go Figure!!!!!!

9. Slevin

Slevin GCMB’s Sweet Prince
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,287
    Ratings:
    +3,496 / -51
    This is all Fooley. Gave Champ one of the worst buyouts ever.

10. alcoholica

alcoholica Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $394
    Ratings:
    +6,340 / -207
    Sure he got the buyout reduced by resigning now versus Sunday

11. Double Gator Dad

Double Gator Dad Senior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $83
    Ratings:
    +1,070 / -5

You are right. Even though Pat Dooley keeps telling me, I keep forgetting what a wonderful AD Fooley was.
    I am so glad that I have people like Dooley to tell me how I should think and ignore what I see.

Wake me when Fooley is out of the building for good

12. Chomper

Chomper Senior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $135
    Ratings:
    +1,225 / -31
    Foley's Folly. 'nuf said.

13. BMF

BMF Junior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $512
    Ratings:
    +5,923 / -74
    Are you implying he'd have been fired on Sunday?

He gets fired....he would have gotten $40 million from FSU. He resigns....he OWES them $7.5 million (or whatever it is).

So, him leaving saved FSU $33 million.....

14. alcoholica

Oxbucks:
    $394
    Ratings:
    +6,340 / -207
    I thought he was due more than the $7.5MM if he left. I had heard some people say it'd be about $15MM. Just going by what people have said, I have no idea. What I think may have happened is that they negotiated the buyout down if he would just leave now. The admin and fanbase felt like Jimbo was holding them hostage and they didn't want him to coach or be around. They certainly didn't want to wait until Sunday. There was no way he could stay, but there was a growing sentiment the Jimbo was twisting a knife at this point. So I could see them negotiating down to get him out. They may hate him more than Urban is hated by the UF fanbase.

15. BMF

BMF Junior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $512
    Ratings:
    +5,923 / -74
    He took another job....he (or A&M) owes FSU money.

16. alcoholica

Oxbucks:
    $394
    Ratings:
    +6,340 / -207
    exactly, and FSU wanted him out. So it sounds like they may have lowered the buyout if he would leave immediately.

17. NovaGator

Oxbucks:
    $37
    Ratings:
    +150 / -5
    Who knows for sure what prompted Jimbo's hastey departure. This much is for sure: Just like the guy who preceded him, he got a not too gentle shove out the door!

18. '78

'78 Dazed and Confused
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,377
    Ratings:
    +7,222 / -92
    Who said it had to be fair? It only has to involve hundreds of millions of available dollars and supply/demand economics. You aren't will to pay? You don't want to compete.

19. GatorInGeorgia

GatorInGeorgia Senior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $118
    Ratings:
    +1,103 / -22
    No, they had a HC who was wanted very badly by a different program with a fat wallet...and we had Mac.. :facepalm:

20. alcoholica

Oxbucks:
    $394
    Ratings:
    +6,340 / -207
    I can tell you that my friend is deeply invested in Nole Football like we are into Gator Football here. Jimbo's intention was to coach the game today. The only negotiation ploy may have been to reduce his exit buyout, which it appears happened. At the beginning of the week, FSU believed there was a chance to retain him (I think it was more hope than anything), but by midweek he had already overstayed his welcome and they wanted him gone. The writing was on the wall. At this point in time, i think Jimbo may be more hated by FSU fans than UF fans are at Urban.