Recruiting NSD 2022

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
You know, I swung by volnation hoping to see just that sentiment. Then I remembered where I was. No discussion of us on the main page, but a comment from yesterday in the recruiting forum...

"This is the year we get over the Fl hump and put them behind us. No more streaks except our own."

:lol:

Did you get that? They're going to put us behind them, a place we've literally never been since we began playing annually, even as we bumbled our way through WM, JM and a checked out Mullen. And they're going to start streaks, even though '03 and '04 are the only back-to-back wins they've had over the last 32 seasons. All this as we were officially pulling ahead of them yet again in recruiting. :lol:

Put us behind them? Ha! They dirty. That's where we've been! :bart:
upload_2022-2-10_11-20-31.png

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
You know, I swung by volnation hoping to see just that sentiment. Then I remembered where I was. No discussion of us on the main page, but a comment from yesterday in the recruiting forum...

"This is the year we get over the Fl hump and put them behind us. No more streaks except our own."

Did you get that? They're going to put us behind them, a place we've literally never been since we began playing annually, even as we bumbled our way through WM, JM and a checked out Mullen. And they're going to start streaks, even though '03 and '04 are the only back-to-back wins they've had over the last 32 seasons. All this as we were officially pulling ahead of them yet again in recruiting. :lol:
The only streaks they're going to have are in their creamsicle dyed hair or in their underwear they never change.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Good point. I just looked it up and their "bump" class has 6 of the Rivals top 250 - with the top recruit being #99 and 4 of the 247 Composite top 250 - with the top being #142. By comparison UF's "transition" class has 5 of the Rivals top 250 - top is #28 - and 4 of the 247 Composite - top is #44. Pretty instructive that Heupel did what he did in 13 months and Napier did what he did in two.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018

Hope springs eternal for them, they always forget their place in the pecking order, due to a degenerative cognitive condition they all suffer from called Volzheimer's Disease. Sad! :(

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
Hope springs eternal for them, they always forget their place in the pecking order, due to a degenerative cognitive condition they all suffer from called Volzheimer's Disease. Sad! :(
Was just about to bring up that regrettable disease. Symptoms arrive each season about 10 games in where they win some meaningless games and think they're "back" from a place they have rarely ever been.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
WTF is with the parentheses?

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
According to TOS, Napier wanted to keep Evers in the class but in the meeting with them he informed him that he would be looking for a 2nd QB. Evers didnt like it because he was told by the previous staff that he would be the only signal caller of the class. So Evers left.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
According to TOS, Napier wanted to keep Evers in the class but in the meeting with them he informed him that he would be looking for a 2nd QB. Evers didnt like it because he was told by the previous staff that he would be the only signal caller of the class. So Evers left.
Glad he left, then. A championship caliber QB wouldn't fear competition.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

And how many of our distinguished GC posters went into full meltdown accusing the coach of a career ending failure for losing Evers

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
And how many of our distinguished GC posters went into full meltdown accusing the coach of a career ending failure for losing Evers
no one.
It was the WR that went with him that people pissed and moaned about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator