*Official Ducks vs. Bucks Championship Game Thread*

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
soflagator;n149525 said:
What some of you guys don't get is that games like this and the last are validation for the argument that some (like Ox and myself) have made for some time. I have zero issue with anyone hating the guy. But for several years all many have posted is how he was simply a product of Tebow, won't make it at OSU, esophageal spasms, can't beat Saban, etc. it became so overdone that it sort of created a sect of those that respect what the guy did for us and will likely do elsewhere, fortunately not a rival. We still have some blaming him entirely too much for our problems, while dismissing the real issue that was strolling our sideline. It's ludicrous. Again, personally, I don't care of he wins or not, and have stated I want to see Oregon win. But it doesn't change the fact that the guy is ridiculously good, which has been debated relentlessly for several years.

I respect him for what he did here. I have no question that he is a good coach. I don't blame him for Muschumps' failure. I dislike him for how he lied about needing to spend time with his family and went to a hated school. On top of that I never want to see OSU win a championship

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Born2beagator;n149527 said:
My issue with Meyer is how quickly he took another job after leaving for "medical" reasons. SOS also doesn't coach at a school I hate. OSU doesn't need a championship.

I believe the guy was truly worried about his health. I also KNEW without a doubt he would be coaching again within a couple of years when we found out it wasn't heart related, so I never felt like I was lied to. I just thought he would end up at ND...not OSU.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Meyer is a douche but a very good football coach. That should pretty much sum it up.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
MJMGator;n149536 said:
I believe the guy was truly worried about his health. I also KNEW without a doubt he would be coaching again within a couple of years when we found out it wasn't heart related, so I never felt like I was lied to. I just thought he would end up at ND...not OSU.

It wasn't even a year though. If it was truly medical I think he probably ignored his doctors when he immediately took the OSU job

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Okay MJM...I understand how you feel...and it is reasonable. Some of us don't feel the same...

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJay26;n149537 said:
Meyer is a douche but a very good football coach. That should pretty much sum it up.

I was literally about to say he's a disingenuous douche bag, but he can coach some football. :lol:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gotta give Fickel a ton of credit for the job he's done down the stretch for the Bucknuts. Blanked Wisky, confused Kiffey and now they're stopping the Ducks.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
I feel like I'm watching the Gators. I certainly haven't seen an offense this boring since Muschamps' last game. What happened to the Oregon from the first drive?

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just keep the total score under 70 and I will accept my consolation prize :headbang:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator