Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hope he takes over for Nord and we have Cristobal come in

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
How so? He was at FAU for the last two years. Lots of high school experience. Massive downgrade,
Is that as far back as you looked? I might have been a little giving with the a+ but it's a very good hire

The oline coach however. Wtf??

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Football Outsiders analise 9 different stats on the OL. In 2016, North Texas was ranked 100 or higher in 6 of them
Yeah....

So much for turning the corner.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Is that as far back as you looked? I might have been a little giving with the a+ but it's a very good hire

He was Shannon's b!tch at UM with Nevin Shapiro? Sounds great. Not to mention all his ties are south florida. SHannon already recruits that area. Bell is a D+ hireat best.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Some of Davis's previous work looks good, but you'd like to see him have success at a couple stops before hitting the SEC. Like I said, hope he's a Nord replacement. Have no idea how well he recruits.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
If Davis is truly our replacement for Summers, I'll go ahead and say I wish Summers had stayed :lol3:

I'll hold out hope for Bell.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Freakin north texas oline coach too? Have i died and gone to hell. One step forward2 steps back.
It's just the way it's going to be, man. I doubt Mac wants to hire 4th tier guys, but he has to hire someone and our budget only allows 4th tire guys.

It isn't going to change once Mac is fired. Strickland is just more same ole shyt Fooley.

You talk about competing with Bammer all you want. Would Bammer make these hires? Hellz no. Bammer has better than this in the film room just waiting for the next opening.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
He was Shannon's b!tch at UM with Nevin Shapiro? Sounds great. Not to mention all his ties are south florida. SHannon already recruits that area. Bell is a D+ hireat best.
dude, look it the **** up. I'm not going to deal with your stupidity today. He's being talked about all over as an insanely good hire.

Last edited:

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Some of Davis's previous work looks good, but you'd like to see him have success at a couple stops before hitting the SEC. Like I said, hope he's a Nord replacement. Have no idea how well he recruits.
Tosh Lupoi wasn't really known either. I'm holding out hope it turns out good.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If Davis is truly our replacement for Summers, I'll go ahead and say I wish Summers had stayed :lol3:

I'll hold out hope for Bell.
And why the heck didn't we nring him in to recruit? This is hands the dumbest move ever by Mac.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Is Mac JUST hiring dudes because they're vlsck

dude, look it the **** up. I'm not going to deal with your stupidity today. He's being talked about all over as an insanely good hire.
Then why didn't any other p5 school hire him this off season?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Is Mac JUST hiring dudes because they're vlsck

LOL...talked about by whom?

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@GatorDave_SEC: I talked with Former FAU HC Charlie Partridge on #Gators hiring DB Coach Corey Bell. Bell was on Partridge's staff. His thoughts...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
UF pushing hard for Cristobal and have Stoutland as a fallback was the narrative.
What happened to our QA guy from the Saints as the fall back? It seems to me that would probably be the better hire. At least we know he can coach.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Tosh Lupoi wasn't really known either. I'm holding out hope it turns out good.
How hard is it to recruit or coach at Bammer, really? "Hey, come to Bammer and you get to beat the piss out of everyone you play, make the others coaches retire or fake heart attacks, drive nice cars, piss in golden toilets, have alums dropping thousands on you with every handshake, get fed our special roid mix, and never be arrested by the cops."

Last edited:

PhD Gator

UF Ph.D. 2011
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Another thing to think about with the OL hire is why in the world couldn't be have been announced before signing day and helped with recruiting? Were we really concerned with letting him finish recruiting at North Texas? Could North Texas really have that big of a buyout that we couldn't pay it?

I think it points more to the fact we were either getting turned down by all our choices or too cheap to get them. So either Mac knew this was his man but he wouldn't help much with recruiting because he was such a fallback type guy, or he hadn't even gotten far enough down the list yet to get to him by signing day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator