***Official Florida Football coaching hires 2017***

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If Muschamp is a great recruiter and Hughes is horrible at his job then why has Muschamp repeatedly tried to hire him?.
Muschump is extremely proficent at hiring terrible staff.

Butters is too.

They both want to hire Alabama interns who Saban declinwd to retain.

It really matters not to me. Id love my Gators and if Butters keeps these failures on staff it jist means that much quicker of an exit for him. Fine by me.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
2015 and 2014. You gonna keep trying to pull that bullshyt fake sckuts ranking from 2001 that claims all the recruits were zero stars? We gonna do that again.

The point is that there is no need to exaggerate. Rivals has the 2005 class ranked lower than this years or last years. You claim they are the worst two classes since the 70's. It is nearly impossible to find any data on recruiting rankings from the early 1990's much less the 1970's.

I just don't understand the constant need to exaggerate to make it sound as bad as possible. If your point is valid then let it stand on it's own merits instead of embellishing it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2005

That transition class was #15. Bad class but its to be expected with a transition.

You can pump.away, but never in history has UF been forced to take FIU/FAU recruits, never have we struggled an often lost recruits to Maryland, Purdue, Kintucky and the likes.

Never. You can spin all you want, UAA boy.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
A poster is actually using the fact that muschamp wanted to hire someone as proof he must be good. The same muschamp who rehired basically his entire abortion of a failed staff at florida when he went to SC.

Now THAT is pumping, I don't care who ya are.

:facepalm:

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If anyone cares or wants to overreact or whatever, Bell has updated his twitter profile to say DB coach, Brad Davis' says Offensive Line coach, but Seider's still says Assistant Football coach. Only saying this since all the releases never named positions.

Sep 29, 2015
Muschump is extremely proficent at hiring terrible staff.

You'd be right here if your statement was limited to offensive staff. Wasn't that his defensive coordinator coaching in the Super Bowl on Sunday? Trob? Durkin?

I wouldn't trust Chump's choice of Bill Walsh as OC, but he has a track record of hiring good defensive coaches and recruiters.

With adequate resources, Mac has shown proficiency in hiring too. You can't continually lambast the admin for being cheap and tying Macs hands while simulatsneously blaming him for bad hires.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
If anyone cares or wants to overreact or whatever, Bell has updated his twitter profile to say DB coach, Brad Davis' says Offensive Line coach, but Seider's still says Assistant Football coach. Only saying this since all the releases never named positions.

There goes our hope of getting Cristobal or one of the many NFL guys we had interested in the position :lol:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
A poster is actually using the fact that muschamp wanted to hire someone as proof he must be good. The same muschamp who rehired basically his entire abortion of a failed staff at florida when he went to SC.

:lmao:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
With adequate resources, Mac has shown proficiency in hiring too. You can't continually lambast the admin for being cheap and tying Macs hands while simulatsneously blaming him for bad hires.
The fact that one (AD scrooginess/HC hiring decisions) sucks doesnt preclude that the other one sucks also.

Sep 29, 2015

So it was bad judgment hiring Dan Quinn? Retaining Trob? Retaining Durkin? Good to know nuance has no place here.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
So it was bad judgment hiring Dan Quinn? Retaining Trob? Retaining Durkin? Good to know nuance has no place here.
No, it was clearly good judgement to hire weiss, then pease, then a guy who wants to run a spread when we have no personnel for it b/c weve been recruiting to run a pro style.

Nice job avoiding the very miserable truth of my actual statement by the way. He rehired almost his entire disaster of a coaching staff at SC. :lol:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
After taking a step back, here are my thoughts on the Brad Davis hire. Yes, this will be all hopes/positives.

1. He is young. This is a huge opportunity for his career so he'll work his a$$ off.
2. He had a nice track record at Portland St., JMU, and did a good job in one season at UNT.
3. Being as young as he is, he should be an improvement when it comes to recruiting. While Summers landed a number of guys, he never landed the big names. Those guys were landed by other position coaches.
4. Since he's been an o-line coach, he's had a player be all-conference or honorable mention almost every year.

While he is clearly a plan C, D, or whatever, I do think this hire has the potential to be a homerun.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
After taking a step back, here are my thoughts on the Brad Davis hire. Yes, this will be all hopes/positives.

1. He is young. This is a huge opportunity for his career so he'll work his a$$ off.
2. He had a nice track record at Portland St., JMU, and did a good job in one season at UNT.
3. Being as young as he is, he should be an improvement when it comes to recruiting. While Summers landed a number of guys, he never landed the big names. Those guys were landed by other position coaches.
4. Since he's been an o-line coach, he's had a player be all-conference or honorable mention almost every year.

While he is clearly a plan C, D, or whatever, I do think this hire has the potential to be a homerun.
I agree we can be hopeful he works out.

To be clear, we are not in a.position to be taking risks (actually five risks) on this coaching staff.

But I guess we cant outbid memphis for their OL coach even.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I agree we can be hopeful he works out.

To be clear, we are not in a.position to be taking risks (actually five risks) on this coaching staff.

But I guess we cant outbid memphis for their OL coach even.

Maybe Mac didn't think it was worth it to outbid. Maybe Mac thinks they are now overpaying for their guy.

I don't know enough about position coaches and what analysis was done to even guess. Time will tell.... I am just hoping Mac is making good hires... he knows how important it is, so he better make good ones or he will lose his job.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I dont know either of course, but Im pretty good at seeing trends. im also good at generalities like you dont find the best coaches at FIU, FAU, UCF or North Texas, because they are FAU and North Texas.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I dont know either but Im pretty good at seeing trends. im also good at generalities like you dont find the best coaches at FIU, FAU, UCF or North Texas, because they are FAU and North Texas.

Yeah... I'm not saying I would put money on this guy being a home run... I'm just really hoping he is... so trying to find the positive!

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
F^ck me!
In the Roman Catholic Church, Saint Bartholomew is the patron saint of desperate cases and lost causes.

Catholics have a saint for everything, and I mean everything.

St. Crispin...patron saint of shoemakers. St. Eligius..patron saint of the Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.