***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida vs James Madison

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida is up 5 at the under 8 timeout. Looks just like the past games. Offense shaky and the D is getting beat every poss by a drive and layup or dish for an open 3. Have to step up on that end the rest of the way

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida is up 68-57 @ the under 4 timeout. JMU going to the line for 2. Need to finish the game strong and put them away. Play as a team and with heart

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
I'm watching the tv broadcast on SEC network. The announcers are absolutely the worst I've ever heard. They have spent the entire broadcast talking about everything else except the game. They think they're telling amusing stories in between their advertising of everything else that's coming up on ESPN but the stories they're telling are just annoying. I finally put them on mute. I kept waiting to hear them talk about the game they are supposed to be calling for one second.
Also wtf has happened to this team?

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida wins 72-63. White made some good adjustments against the zone coming out of half. Totally piss poor offensively once again (shooting and inside scoring) tonight. Egor probably shouldn't even play 20 min at this point. Can't make an open shot, defend, also taking ugly contested shots. Keep getting some confidence going into the SEC play. Chiozza and Allen played better. Hayes played well. Defensively that was on of our better 2nd halves overall. Lots of work to do...but a win is good

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
This group tightened up down the stretch again with both Hudson and Koulechov shooting air balls. That is something that needs to be recognized. This is a pretty mediocre JMU team without one of their better players that UF had to work harder than they began play to beat.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Florida wins 72-63. White made some good adjustments against the zone coming out of half. Totally piss poor offensively once again (shooting and inside scoring) tonight. Egor probably shouldn't even play 20 min at this point. Can't make an open shot, defend, also taking ugly contested shots. Keep getting some confidence going into the SEC play. Chiozza and Allen played better. Hayes played well. Defensively that was on of our better 2nd halves overall. Lots of work to do...but a win is good

Really odd to see how poorly Egor has been struggling. Let’s hope he is “due for a breakout”

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Really odd to see how poorly Egor has been struggling. Let’s hope he is “due for a breakout”

Not really all that odd. He is a 6'5" or so guy stretching to play the 3 being forced into playing guys 3, 4 and 5 inches taller and often much heavier at the 4. That is what you are forced into a LaTech. You never have to do that at UF and White does not have to do that with this roster.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I was at the game and all I can say is that I hope it did not look as ugly on TV as it was in person. 58 FG attempts in the game, 31 of which were 3 pt. shots. 29 FG attempts in the 1st half, 17 of which were 3 pt. shots. I do not care how small you think your team is or how big or what defenses the opponent is using, that ratio is NOT a recipe for success. And to make matters worse most of those 3 pt. shots (especially in the 1st half), were either taken in the first 8 seconds of the shot clock or were from 8+ feet behind the arc. I believe our first 4 shots of the 2nd half were 3 point attempts. The two that were made came from getting the ball deep into the post and a kick out for a shot right at the arc. The other 2 (one by Cheese and one by Igor) came 5 seconds into the shot clock and 10 feet behind the arc.. For the most part the offense was stagnnt again and the defense was spotty and Hudson would get benched often due to awful defensive play. Two other takeaways I had. If Ballard touches the ball on offense, the ball is going up, pronto. That kid loathes passing the ball other than to the rim. Secondly (especially in the first half) the few times we got penetration or the ball into the paint, no one helped the ball handler out by moving or cutting to a spot that allows for a much easier angle to make a pass. Everyone standing and when the ball handler tried to make the pass to the correct guy, he would not try and help the passer by presenting himself or moving to the spot where the passer could easily see him and get him the ball. Say what you want and this team might improve, but as of tonite, this is NOT a good basketball team. And I do mean TEAM!!!!

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I was at the game and all I can say is that I hope it did not look as ugly on TV as it was in person. 58 FG attempts in the game, 31 of which were 3 pt. shots. 29 FG attempts in the 1st half, 17 of which were 3 pt. shots. I do not care how small you think your team is or how big or what defenses the opponent is using, that ratio is NOT a recipe for success. And to make matters worse most of those 3 pt. shots (especially in the 1st half), were either taken in the first 8 seconds of the shot clock or were from 8+ feet behind the arc. I believe our first 4 shots of the 2nd half were 3 point attempts. The two that were made came from getting the ball deep into the post and a kick out for a shot right at the arc. The other 2 (one by Cheese and one by Igor) came 5 seconds into the shot clock and 10 feet behind the arc.. For the most part the offense was stagnnt again and the defense was spotty and Hudson would get benched often due to awful defensive play. Two other takeaways I had. If Ballard touches the ball on offense, the ball is going up, pronto. That kid loathes passing the ball other than to the rim. Secondly (especially in the first half) the few times we got penetration or the ball into the paint, no one helped the ball handler out by moving or cutting to a spot that allows for a much easier angle to make a pass. Everyone standing and when the ball handler tried to make the pass to the correct guy, he would not try and help the passer by presenting himself or moving to the spot where the passer could easily see him and get him the ball. Say what you want and this team might improve, but as of tonite, this is NOT a good basketball team. And I do mean TEAM!!!!
I think you just described my rec ball team!

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

I did notice several shots taken way beyond the arc as you pointed out. I also agree about the lack of cutting without the ball. The few times people did cut, they were open and often got passes. Finally and again as you say, you might think that a team full of offensive minded players might move to the pass to be sure to get the ball, but no.

The play of the bigs makes me wonder if UF ever practices getting the ball to the bigs. White did ALMOST get to 70 minutes played by bigs. So that at least was a step in the right direction.

Allen seems to be sleep walking this year. For whatever reason, his shooting slump going back to at least the beginning of the NCAAs last year is lingering.

If this continues and even if things get better, I think there might be several players gone at the end of this season who have eligibility left.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This team is something special baby!! Just have to win anyway we can right now until we can figure things out. Hayes with 7 rebounds but ONLY 2 points against a team like this??!! He has to be aggressive and crash the boards and get easy put backs and dunks. He SHOULD EASILY have a double double against a JM team that is 4-9. He should easily have 12 and 10 vs Incarnate Word up next on Friday. Allen and Cheese played good. Egor has to get going here and yes he is due to break out. Go Gators!!

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
#5 UNC lost AT HOME to WOFFORD tonight so we aren't the only ones to struggle...

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
medieval_siege_machine_sardinia_italy.jpg

Go Gators!!
:lol3:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.