***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida vs James Madison

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This team is difficult to watch. There's always gonna be something better on TV to watch. Right now, White is a disappointment, to go along with his disappointing team of players. How could White crash-land this team that almost beat Duke.??

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
There is like zero vocal leadership on this team. Very little excitement. I wanna see some yelling, pointing, chest-bumping....SOMETHING. No passion right now. Gotta fix that, but my fear is that we've recruited moderately talented guys without passion or leadership skills.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
True, but holding JMU to 1 shot in the first 4 min is great D. Only gained 6 pts in that time though is garbage...but better than past couple of games lol

Was it really great defense or partially poor play by our opponent and somewhat luck. Our offense is at times very poor with a return to a team that can't deal with zone defenses except to shoot over it which we don't seem to be as good at as earlier this year.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Florida wins 72-63. White made some good adjustments against the zone coming out of half. Totally piss poor offensively once again (shooting and inside scoring) tonight. Egor probably shouldn't even play 20 min at this point. Can't make an open shot, defend, also taking ugly contested shots. Keep getting some confidence going into the SEC play. Chiozza and Allen played better. Hayes played well. Defensively that was on of our better 2nd halves overall. Lots of work to do...but a win is good
I was falling in and out of sleep watching on DVR, but I think it is a stretch to say Hayes played well. He had some nice passes and he has good hands so handled the inside passes to him well, something Gak struggles with. But he doesn't seem to know how to use his body at all when taking the ball up to the hoop. Despite being the tallest guy in that game, almost all of his shots get blocked because he turns to intentionally avoid contact when he takes the ball up opening himself up to be blocked or stripped. He's just too nice and soft, doesn't seem to have any nasty side. When he gets stripped or fouled he smiles or drops his head rather than getting pissed.

Hell, get a technical or something but we need Hayes to play meaner because Mr Nice guy is getting his ass handed to him repeatedly. Same thing for Allen this year. So soft and no attitude at all. Someone needs to call a player's only meeting and say "okay guys, enough with the pu$$y play, someone better make a hard foul or get a technical this next game or I'm kicking someones azz".

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not a win is a win type of person. I'll take it but we need some work before SEC play. We played Duke toe-to-toe and have regressed. Weird.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This team could be very good once Egbunu comes back provided he combed back and plays like he was last year... even then it's probably too little too late. You cannot win consistently like this

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator