***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida vs Mississippi St

Discussion in 'Main Sports Forum' started by LeeForThree, Jan 9, 2018.

1. InstiGATOR1

InstiGATOR1 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $300
    Ratings:
    +1,734 / -42
    I am of two minds about Egbunu and he was a shell of himself offensively last year after his 2015-16 season ending thumb injury and surgery:

1. But maybe he is just a slow healer and offensive, particularly shooting touch, will have come back after additional time to heal.

2. But maybe he is just a slow healer and he will never be really ready or productive this season due to his last season ending ACL injury and surgery.

Who knows where reality will end up being.

2. LagoonGator68

LagoonGator68 Well-Used Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $104
    Ratings:
    +2,239 / -88

I suspect there has never been a basketball player who magically got better by not practicing...hope I'm wrong.

3. cover2

cover2 I've grown old
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $398
    Ratings:
    +3,174 / -2
    Allen Iverson might beg to differ ;)

upload_2018-1-12_8-26-22.jpeg

4. rogdochar

rogdochar Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,003
    Ratings:
    +7,272 / -36
    Don't know if there's a route for Egbunu to get a 2018-2019 season of play by medical redshirt of not playing at all this season? It probably would work out best for him (draft status), for safety, and for his UF team. Egbunu's talent has never been overwhelming. It would be sad to see him finish his career with too cautious a final season where Hayes & others deserve more playing time than Egbunu. Any wisdom on this?

5. LagoonGator68

LagoonGator68 Well-Used Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $104
    Ratings:
    +2,239 / -88
    It's a long shot. You get 5 years to play 4 to begin with. He used one as a sit-out transfer year. If it had been due to injury he could apply for a medical hardship waiver for this year, but it was due to transfer, not injury afaik.

6. rogdochar

rogdochar Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,003
    Ratings:
    +7,272 / -36
    ... I get it, Lag - Egbunu is no good with his long shot.

7. InstiGATOR1

InstiGATOR1 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $300
    Ratings:
    +1,734 / -42
    In Egbunu's case, he might have gotten some of his offensive touch back if his thumb healed further. He has likely been practicing shots for a good number of month, but of course maybe not post moves.

8. SamIamGator92

SamIamGator92 Gator - Jedi - Pumper
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $351
    Ratings:
    +372 / -45
    Egbunu = Rim protection, Rebounding, Screens that lead to easy baskets, dunks that clear the rim, Toughness. Who knows what last year could have been with him in the lineup? It takes a bit of luck to win it all. We'll see what this year brings. I'm expecting some huge contributions from Allen and Egbunu come March. Then they both depart for the NBA.