Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida vs Ole Miss

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I watched ...still don't know how it stayed that low-scoring.??
Does White train them in mental sloppiness.?
White strikes me as a slow thinker -- really slow.

Last edited:

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
Our defense in the second half helped us survive. We were expected and had to win this one. No excuses.

The Gators have 8 regular season games left; wining 5 it gives us 20 wins for the regular season. And a likely decent seed at the dance! Unfortunately, 2 games with cats and a game with the tigers. leave little room for screwing up. The rebels were a required win; so are wins against uga and vandy. But we also have games against winning teams (hogs and aggies). It will take more than defense to get to 20. As Miyagi said to the kid: focus!

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Just checked in to see we won in overtime. Yay, team. I want bball to do well, but the level of apathy I have is nearing rock bottom.

Are there any potential available coaches this off season? Any hope that mw is a dead man walking?

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Poor shooting again. Started 3-16 from the 3 but did go 5-9 afterwards and that helped for sure. Another game where we turned up the heat in the 2nd half….especially on defense.

We kept turnovers down and moved the ball inside to Castleton fairly well. We got killed on the boards and gave them a ton of offensive rebounds. We continue to over-dribble.

I do not understand MW’s rotations and still don’t know why we aren’t giving Felder more minutes.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This game was simply HARDLY a given in the win column since we lost to them by 16 points on the road while we were FAVORED by 4 points lol. We were favored by 11 points today because of the return of Castleton and still had to ekk out the win. Good win for our Gators but helps prolong MW's tenure here at UF for now. We actually needed to go completely into the dumper to really force Strick's hand and while looking at the schedule that can still happen. No doubt apathy has set in for quite some time now and unless we get a new capable coach with an exciting and high flying offense, the apathy will continue to progress.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It's too late to fire him now. He's ruined Gator basketball forever. :cool::cool:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
This year is provoking me to appreciate defensive BB more. Ole Miss played better def. than most teams we have played recently. They only slacked when they finally got tired. Fla ramped it up in the 2nd half. Our shooting was so bad in the first half I thought a different team had shownup. Without AppleB in the first half we hung tough but He made a huge difference at the end (once again). THANK GOD CastleT is back. We need that option and help inside. If they will continue the good ball movement while he plays (and he will kick it out for an open three more often) we can be a much better team. At times I love how tough our def. is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.