***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida vs Stanford

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida is up 96-63 at the under 8 timeout. We are really slowing things down now. About time to get the starters some rest with another game tomorrow and get the young ones some experience

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida is up 105-69 at the under 4 timeout. Stanford may have a terribe defense, but the way we are shooting tonight would be hard vs 0 defense

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida wins 108-87. Great game all around. Needed better post defense but the shooting was just so unbelievably great!!!!!!!!!! 15-22 3pters. Only 2-4 in the 2nd half. Was able to get a bunch of rest to the starters as well. Couldn't ask for much more given the opponent and being down almost all our centers to begin the game. Next up is the winner of Gonzaga/Ohio St

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
That was the worst announcing team I've ever heard, what the hell were they even talking about most of the time?

What all announcer talk about in a 30 point game, whatever they can think of. UF football at one time was like this when UF was up on ranked SEC teams 42 to 10 at the half.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Not concerned with defense overall. A little concerned about interior defense. Should be better with Hayes and Egbunu. On offense I thought I saw us falter when Stanford went to a zone defense. Was I wrong? If not, why didn't they stay with it?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Not concerned with defense overall. A little concerned about interior defense. Should be better with Hayes and Egbunu. On offense I thought I saw us falter when Stanford went to a zone defense. Was I wrong? If not, why didn't they stay with it?

I really think with no depth the strategy in the first half for the bigs was to back off if Stanford got the ball in the paint. Had only 3 bigs available and could not get them in foul trouble.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I was in awe at the way this team shot tonight, especially while the outcome was still in doubt (admittedly not for very long). With no Hayes, Egbunu or Stokes, It would appear that we can still play with anyone I've personally seen to this point. If we get all our of bigs back, without losing anyone in the backcourt, we may be looking at one of the 3 or 4 best teams in school history. As for the bozos calling the game - they were a major distraction on numerous occasions. I understand the need to embellish a broadcast during a blow-out, but that one knucklehead was just insufferable. I literally hit the mute button on more than one occasion when he went on one of his ego-monkey yak-fests. Talk about being in love with the sound of your own voice. Sheesh!

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Stanford not repping us white boys. They are awful. :confused:

Actually, Stanford shot a decent game = FG-- 54% ... 3pts-- 42%? FT = 81% They got 10 more FTs than we did.
They had 18 TOs, we had 11. Stanford scored well at 87 points. So it seems our offense just outraced them?
Can any of you bball guys offer an explain? I mean other than great 3-pt shooting?

Looks like Gonzaga beats OSU by 20+ scoring around 80 points. Makes tomorrow's matchup scary... unless Egor, Hudson, K.Allen, Chiozza hit high % of 3s and Hayes helps inside. Maybe Zaga tired themselves more than we did.
They did play later - got less sleep. Hayes will be a lot more rested.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Someone has to capture that sequence of Chees tipping the ball about 4 times to himself on a break and link it here. One of you technrds please grab it.
The game you ask? Great ball movement early. Hot shooting. Allen finally said , "Let me join this fun and he showed a few plays that shows why he was all SEC. The russian kid is a complete player even if he takes some shots he should not. I saw him guarding their big in the second half. IF was 6 10 or so he would be AA. And then a rich man in the nba. Probably will anyway.
Chiozza said it best early in the year when asked how he sees it. "I just go fast and pass it to ever is open cause they can all score." We have some great ball handling skills in many of the players. IF Mike can just get them to keep passing instead of making it a one on one game we will be unreal. I keep seeing Egbunu in there and wondering how anyone can hang with us.
Mike is the southern version of Billy or "dare I say it, even better in some ways?

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I'll post the next GDT around 3ish. I'm headed to the golf course now.....going to be a cold one at 35 degrees lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.