***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida vs Stanford

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Mike is the southern version of Billy or "dare I say it, even better in some ways?

I hope you’re right, but he’s gotta win at least one ncaa tourney to make that argument legit. I won’t cry if he creates that controversy soon.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Agreed. I was just losing my mind for a moment about a reg season game. It happens, especially when football is at such a low point.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Actually, Stanford shot a decent game = FG-- 54% ... 3pts-- 42%? FT = 81% They got 10 more FTs than we did.
They had 18 TOs, we had 11. Stanford scored well at 87 points. So it seems our offense just outraced them?
Can any of you bball guys offer an explain? I mean other than great 3-pt shooting?

It is difficult to gauge their defensive performance by stats due to White literally playing everyone. Plus, White called a few timeouts last night because they were getting lazy on D. You could tell the players knew Stanford was completely outmatched. In my opinion, they are the worst team we've faced so far.

Our D isn't what it was last season. It is still good at times. When they put the effort in, they shut down Stanford. We'll know more about the defense and offense in the next game. White will shrink the bench. Stone bothers me. He got physically abused in the post. We clearly missed Hayes who was suspended.

Oct 5, 2014
It is difficult to gauge their defensive performance by stats due to White literally playing everyone. Plus, White called a few timeouts last night because they were getting lazy on D. You could tell the players knew Stanford was completely outmatched. In my opinion, they are the worst team we've faced so far.

Our D isn't what it was last season. It is still good at times. When they put the effort in, they shut down Stanford. We'll know more about the defense and offense in the next game. White will shrink the bench. Stone bothers me. He got physically abused in the post. We clearly missed Hayes who was suspended.

I think this offense will have potential recruits salivating...

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gonzaga should be interesting. They are pretty damn good it looks like.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
If this team gets any kind of inside presence going, it's going to be like the 04's with three Lee Humphries.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
If this team gets any kind of inside presence going, it's going to be like the 04's with three Lee Humphries.

Probably not three Humphries base on their established ability, but:

1. Koulechov might hit in the Lee Humphries 45% or so range.
2. Allen might hit in the Green plus or minus 40% range.
3. Hudson might hit in the Brewer 35 to 38% range.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This team is showing the ability to shoot very well, but I am nervous because we don’t currently have an inside presence. Counting on always being “hot” is dangerous

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.