Gator Basketball ***Official Game Thread BBALL*** SEC Tourney - UF vs AU

Detroitgator

Top-notch Сasual Dating - Real Women
Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
No matter how you spin it, getting absolutely blown out in a championship game is embarrassing.
Yeah, Losing Hand hurt, big time.
But, we were physically dominated in this game. No reason this couldn't have been a 5-7 point game. None.
A 19 point loss on National TV in a Championship game, is embarrassing, no matter how you want to define it.

Hopefully, the team can re group and realize how to play against a physical tough team , because, that's what they're going to play next.
Go bitch about the football team... and go fuk yourself while you're at it.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Was Kugel dressed and on the bench today? I didn’t see him but have to admit I had to turn away from this train wreck frequently starting with Micah’s injury. Bottom line is it looks like we are down two players who were getting major minutes. What’s the deal with the Russian dude? Is he injured or just not getting in and ready for his transfer.

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
I don't care how many SEC refs there are vs how many games, the league should not have brought in supplemental refs for the tourney who had never in their lives worked a game outside of the Alabama Correctional Institutions League.

That was brutal.

Proud of our team though.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
No matter how you spin it, getting absolutely blown out in a championship game is embarrassing.
Yeah, Losing Hand hurt, big time.
But, we were physically dominated in this game. No reason this couldn't have been a 5-7 point game. None.
A 19 point loss on National TV in a Championship game, is embarrassing, no matter how you want to define it.

Hopefully, the team can re group and realize how to play against a physical tough team , because, that's what they're going to play next.
You’re an idiot.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
On to selection Sunday. Might be a 6 seed. Outside chances at a 5 or 7. Lots of variability

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Was Kugel dressed and on the bench today? I didn’t see him but have to admit I had to turn away from this train wreck frequently starting with Micah’s injury. Bottom line is it looks like we are down two players who were getting major minutes. What’s the deal with the Russian dude? Is he injured or just not getting in and ready for his transfer.

Yes Kugel was. About 8 min left innthe game he put his warm-ups back on. Shimmy is probably getting a medical redshirt. He could play if forced to I think. Maybe cleared a month or so ago, but not really back into shape

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Yes Kugel was. About 8 min left innthe game he put his warm-ups back on. Shimmy is probably getting a medical redshirt. He could play if forced to I think. Maybe cleared a month or so ago, but not really back into shape
Thanks Lee. What do you think is the deal with Riley? Someone needs to ask Golden if they haven’t already.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Well, I was a bit worried that our juice would get low after all these back-to-back games and that got us a side-door exit - Oh well the Dance is next. The food fight with Ironhead brought some comic relief :grouphug:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I had the game on in the background but TBH was not watching that intently as I reported on the baseball game. First and foremost I just hope Handlogten is okay.

As for the game, win or lose both teams were in the tourney. Perhaps each was playing for a move up in seed by one. But honestly does it really matter? All these teams are about the same so not going to get worked up about it, As for the refs, I have no idea, but no need to complain b/c if you have ever watched college hoops, the game changes at tourney time and much more contact is allowed in almost every game. Get with the program.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I can see why our football team recruited Clayton. His defense would fit right in and his turnovers are on point.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
At least FF wasnt critical of our team. That injury must have effected our team and even coach. And tired legs.
The deal is we are still playing and that was the goal this year. Getting to the championship game with a new team was
pretty cool until our boy fckkd his leg up. Ruined my day and I could certainly have used what Deet was having.
Proud of this team. They made a run in the last 12 games and earned it.

Detroitgator

Top-notch Сasual Dating - Real Women
Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
At least FF wasnt critical of our team. That injury must have effected our team and even coach. And tired legs.
The deal is we are still playing and that was the goal this year. Getting to the championship game with a new team was
pretty cool until our boy fckkd his leg up. Ruined my day and I could certainly have used what Deet was having.
Proud of this team. They made a run in the last 12 games and earned it.
Not drinking Coach... I just shake my head when a middle aged guy with a name like "Ironhead" with a midlife crisis Harley pic for an avatar lectures that our team should be "embarrassed" for not meeting his expectations of excellence.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Not drinking Coach... I just shake my head when a middle aged guy with a name like "Ironhead" with a midlife crisis Harley pic for an avatar lectures that our team should be "embarrassed" for not meeting his expectations of excellence.
Dude, Let it go.
You have no idea who I am.

For the record, I'm about 15 years past a "mid life crisis"... :lol2:
I've been riding Harley's for 30 years....

Scroll on by or put me on ignore.
Not sure why a simple comment on a fn message board during a basketball game has triggered you fn hens.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
well I still could use a drink but you know me about dissing our team. Today was not the day for it IMHO. They played their way into Sunday, have an awful injury and hung around longer than I thought they would in what became a meaningless game early. I hope they mentally are back for the next game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.