Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Coach White working wonders baby!!

probably used this...

il_340x270.834728799_nlbe.jpg

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Yes Uf needed a win badly, but in all honesty can you get any info from this game? I mean I could not watch this after about the first 10 minutes, b/c LSU is just friggin awful I knew they wee bad but they are worse than even I anticipated. I see we made lots of 3's but what now? Will they fall in love with the 3 in the next games (as I feel) and go back to taking poor 3's very early in the shot clock? I would not watch this film, call this game an outlier due to lots of 3's and a horrendous opponent, and go back to the USCe and Vandy mentality of losing to two very average teams. I know they play another below average team this weekend in Okie, but that road win would be a bit better.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hester definitely earned some more playing time. Hell they were even going in for Chiozza, who played surprisingly well. I think Stone was the only guy that didn't score. Great job by our guys on the road against what is admittedly one of the worst teams in the league.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Yes Uf needed a win badly, but in all honesty can you get any info from this game? I mean I could not watch this after about the first 10 minutes, b/c LSU is just friggin awful I knew they wee bad but they are worse than even I anticipated. I see we made lots of 3's but what now? Will they fall in love with the 3 in the next games (as I feel) and go back to taking poor 3's very early in the shot clock? I would not watch this film, call this game an outlier due to lots of 3's and a horrendous opponent, and go back to the USCe and Vandy mentality of losing to two very average teams. I know they play another below average team this weekend in Okie, but that road win would be a bit better.

I agree. It is nice to see UF get out of its two game funk. However, playing against LSU's defense is going to make OU seem like SoCar by comparison on Saturday.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Hester definitely earned some more playing time. Hell they were even going in for Chiozza, who played surprisingly well. I think Stone was the only guy that didn't score. Great job by our guys on the road against what is admittedly one of the worst teams in the league.

Agree. I hope White gives Hester more minutes going forward. Hester needs the experience as he will have to play major minutes next year. I hope he's our starting PG next year.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Agree. I hope White gives Hester more minutes going forward. Hester needs the experience as he will have to play major minutes next year. I hope he's our starting PG next year.

Yes, Hester if he is up to it will need to play major minutes next year. Like Stone he is apt to be up and down this year. Still it will be good if Hester can help Allen not play 37 minutes as he did against Vandy.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Going forward that sharpshooting of the 3s will be unavailable more than available.
How did coach White and this team use the LSU game to "practice" more effective play-schemes to
"handle" all future opponents? LSU's defense was oddly porous. We got away with a tremendous number
of quick bounce passes to our inside man. Won't our future opponents' D steal those.? So there was not
enough sharpening of our passing over the top to our big man.?

Still, it is difficult to critique a 106 score win. Wow though, if we can hit near 50% of our 3s (we shot 57.6%!).
Well, no team does that consistently. We shot FT% of 44.4% in the 2nd half.
Freshman Hester = shiny gift, if he can keep his sharpshooting up reasonably, we've got a new team.
Another thing, against that clumsy helter-skelter LSU defense, Egbunu put in his top game = 11 pts, 4 rebs.That's a mediocre "big-man". DRob played somewhat how I preseasonly expected him to do. (Grandiose, I know.)
K.Allen drooped in scoring, but that was because others were shooting so well that he sort of coasted,
not having to "carry" the scoring.

Let Hester/DRob/Allen become such outside 3-pt threats that defenses have to come out, thinning the inside
defense. Can White have the team work that by getting Hayes & Egbunu inside passes to score? (& get fouled)?

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is pretty cool:
Florida is traveling directly from Baton Rouge to Norman, Okla., Thursday to prepare for its matchup at Oklahoma on Saturday in the SEC-Big 12 Challenge. The Gators will practice Thursday at Oklahoma's practice facility and on Friday at the Noble Center. On Thursday night, Florida will take in an NBA game between Oklahoma City and Dallas. The Thunder are coached by former UF coach Billy Donovan, while former Gator forward Dorian Finney-Smith is playing for Dallas. Former UF assistant Larry Shyatt also is an assistant coach on Dallas' staff.

And this needs to improve:
Egbunu reached double figures in scoring for the first time since Nov. 25. 2016 against Gonzaga.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
This is pretty cool:
Florida is traveling directly from Baton Rouge to Norman, Okla., Thursday to prepare for its matchup at Oklahoma on Saturday in the SEC-Big 12 Challenge. The Gators will practice Thursday at Oklahoma's practice facility and on Friday at the Noble Center. On Thursday night, Florida will take in an NBA game between Oklahoma City and Dallas. The Thunder are coached by former UF coach Billy Donovan, while former Gator forward Dorian Finney-Smith is playing for Dallas. Former UF assistant Larry Shyatt also is an assistant coach on Dallas' staff.

And this needs to improve:
Egbunu reached double figures in scoring for the first time since Nov. 25. 2016 against Gonzaga.

Nice, I wasn't aware Shyatt was on staff at Dallas. Hopefully Billy D talks to the team.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Nice, I wasn't aware Shyatt was on staff at Dallas. Hopefully Billy D talks to the team.
If he can't meet with them in OKC, it would be cool if he could travel to Norman on Saturday to give a little pre-game speech and be at the game. However, the Thunder play at Cleveland on Sunday, so travel plans may prevent that.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
The biggest positives are probably:

1. We have the confidence to make open shots.

2. We played a full 40 min well.

3. Hester got valuable min.

4. Most of our starters got an easy game with some valuable rest. Really positive at this time of year.

5. We made some adjustments on O and D and we saw them work in game.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
HungerGames_387Pyxurz.jpg

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
There was a different life about these guys last night. They were focused and cohesive, which they hadn't been since probably the Arkansas game. They moved the ball around well, didn't make too many stupid decisions, and communicated. And then the biggest difference was when they had wide open 3's, they knocked them down. Our two worst games shooting from the perimeter were Gonzaga and South Carolina, and in both of those games it was just a bunch of missed wide open looks. It's not like they were hitting fadeaway shots with guys in their face last night. They made the extra pass and knocked them down. Granted, LSU being horrendous on defense didn't hurt, but the 3's they made last night were no different than the ones they missed in other games. A 24:12 assist:turnover ratio is insane!

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wow you NEVER seem to be happy and are ALWAYS quick to complain or DISMISS a Gators victory. Yes it was against a crap team but for craps sake, can't we enjoy a BLOWOUT victory which we badly needed??!! You are OWNED and DESTROYED and BANNED as a non Gators fan.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Sour grapes?
sour-grapes-e1447194600246.png
I hate admitting I have a cultural tie to 2bag, but it's the poison berries from the end of the first Hunger Games. Basically it was presented to the head game maker because he did a bad job, a message that his only option was to kill himself. So 2bag wants Fire Foley to ingest poison berries and die, more or less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.