***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Florida vs Alabama***

G

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ray Finkle said:
Some of you guys are idiots. Jeff has done very well. He can't make wrs catch, can't move the sun, can't make rbs not fumble. Other than that fumble Jones has played very well. I'd risk a fumble from him over KTs inability to run. JDs one pick was perfectly acceptable. Threw a catchable ball that got picked and was essentially a very good punt. Coaching not to lose? They weren't near midfield and they would have to move the ball 60 yards to get in fg range. Several linemen have gotten dinged up, no reason to force something. Some of you should really jump now.
If a coach can't make any of those things happen then why have a coach. What you meant to say is that he has no impact but again you would be wrong. Pumpers like you are obvious to the reality seen by everyone around you.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle said:
Some of you guys are idiots. Jeff has done very well. He can't make wrs catch, can't move the sun, can't make rbs not fumble. Other than that fumble Jones has played very well. I'd risk a fumble from him over KTs inability to run. JDs one pick was perfectly acceptable. Threw a catchable ball that got picked and was essentially a very good punt. Coaching not to lose? They weren't near midfield and they would have to move the ball 60 yards to get in fg range. Several linemen have gotten dinged up, no reason to force something. Some of you should really jump now.
5-17
Fabulous

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Ray Finkle said:
"very well" - I don't think that means what you think it means.

G

Founding Member
Founding Member
VulcanAlex said:
Ray Finkle;n55554 said:

Well against this competition our Defense has been attrocious except for luck. Jeff has thrown only a couple of decent passes and he has missed or thrown poorly many times. We are not capable of playing Bama or any other equal team at this time. Good points about oline, but that has not basically been the problem so the replacements have been decent. Otherwise we are going to be blown out in the second half, not looking forward to seeing it.
Finkle can keep holding on to the luck handed to us by Bama in the first qtr. The excuses begin now, injuries, sun in their eyes, excema,...

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
VulcanAlex;55566 said:
Well against this competition our Defense has been attrocious except for luck. Jeff has thrown only a couple of decent passes and he has missed or thrown poorly many times. We are not capable of playing Bama or any other equal team at this time. Good points about oline, but that has not basically been the problem so the replacements have been decent. Otherwise we are going to be blown out in the second half, not looking forward to seeing it.
I'm not saying he has thrown a perfect game, you are absolutely right with that. There have been some key drops, much like against UK. Play calling has been good, opportunities have been there, and it's not all Driskel. What's the other option if he is so bad?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's not all on Driskel, that's for sure. Dunbar dropped a sure first-down toss, we've totally effed up our coverage and there's been zilch pass rush on Sims. But you have to ask yourself if the coaches got us as ready as we could for this game. We are not a very good football team right now.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n55566 said:

The defense has done well creating turnovers, but we have no pass rush and can't cover anyone. We need points...so let's just run the clock out with all 3 timeouts remaining. Excellent coaching strategy.

B

Bar None Gator

Founding Member
Founding Member
Only reason we are in the game are because of their 2 fumbles. Thank the Defense. The Offense has stalled pretty much the whole half. The D should not be expected to be perfect. The O, however, should be expected to move the ball once in a while. The reasons for the Offense being so inept can be blamed on various factors. But I would give the Alabama D some credit. They have been able to disrupt Driskell's flow. If he were a bit better, he might make a play on his own. But till now, he is not a play maker. I am hoping he shows why he was a 5 star in the second half.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's called lack of execution...... we have it on both sides of the ball, especially defense.

I expected the offense to struggle but I really didn't think we would allow 2, 80 yard completions in the whole game much less the 1st half.

You guys can focus on JD all you want but he isn't the reason we are behind.

But.... He isn't playing well, again.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I have been supportive of Driskel, because I didn't think he had a chance to show anything last year. Well, I am officially off the Driskel bandwagon. He's not that QB that takes over and wins games. He looks like he's never played in a big game and he does nothing to pump up the offense - no leadership. It's like he is concerned with himself and that's it. The OL has actually played pretty good and given him time to throw the ball, but, he hesitate s or gets too anxious and overthrows wide open receivers. We just look like we are intimidated, all the way around and the lack of pass rush is no good. Their OL is killing our DL.

G

Founding Member
Founding Member
deuce said:
It's called lack of execution...... we have it on both sides of the ball, especially defense.

I expected the offense to struggle but I really didn't think we would allow 2, 80 yard completions in the whole game much less the 1st half.

You guys can focus on JD all you want but he isn't the reason we are behind.

But.... He isn't playing well, again.
Look, I get that it is not ALL his fault but our QB is our leader and when he sucks it spreads like a disease. How can he go get in the face of his receivers and tell them to stop dropping when he is overthrowing and looks like a deer in headlights.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Bama doing everything they can to keep us in this with penalties and turnovers.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
GIGator said:
I have been supportive of Driskel, because I didn't think he had a chance to show anything last year. Well, I am officially off the Driskel bandwagon. He's not that QB that takes over and wins games. He looks like he's never played in a big game and he does nothing to pump up the offense - no leadership. It's like he is concerned with himself and that's it. The OL has actually played pretty good and given him time to throw the ball, but, he hesitate s or gets too anxious and overthrows wide open receivers. We just look like we are intimidated, all the way around and the lack of pass rush is no good. Their OL is killing our DL.
Who just scored

G

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yah! Go Jeff Driskel, forget everything I said! Just kiddin'

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator said:
Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn occasionally.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
This game is tied! Our average starting scoring field position is going to be the opponents' 30. Our average scoring drive maybe 25-30 yards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator