***Official Game Thread*** Florida vs Georgia

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida wins 80-76. Amazing resolve from the team. Never gave up. Barry and Stone amazing again today!!!!!!!!!!!!! Egbunu had his best stretch in a while in the last min or so of regulation and OT. Some very questionable decisions through the game and at the end of regulation...but we fought to the end in a mainly halfcourt game. Great improvment on where we were last season. FTs won us this game as well. Kasey missed 2 that could have won in regulation, but we made almost 80% on the day

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Also, our last 2 games have been 2 hrs and 25 min (regulation) and 2 hrs and 30 min (overtime)

Having depth has really helped us out

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, closer than I would prefer, but I'm glad to see us pull it out on a day that looked like it might just not be our day.

:chomp:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Cannot be a decent team when Allen, D.Rob, Hayes, Leon, and Egbunu all underperform.
I can't recall any team having so many mainstay players all flop in one game?
Thank you graduate transfer Canyon Barry and "rookie" Keith Stone. Why do I expect for this
sluggish play to recur a lot?

Of course, we did scrap out the win ... and still scored a respectable 80.??

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Very bright spot = looks like Stone is teaching himself to be a top scorer.
Won't we be at our best giving Barry and Stone maximum playing minutes?
Another bright spot = no way DRob goes NBA.(But he needs to improve lots just to help us.)

Last edited:

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Very bright spot = looks like Stone is teaching himself to be a top scorer.
Won't we be at our best giving Barry and Stone maximum playing minutes?

I think Barry should be starting and Leon coming off the bench. Not sure it will happen though. Stone should probably still come off the bench until he becomes consistent. Let him see the game before actually coming into the game. He looks like he will be a monger next season

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This team would be very dangerous if we had a top notch PG. Hill just makes you shake your head sometimes.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Matchup problem today. That guard for uga was great. Like the old UT teams, the 04 strugglesdwith them. I saw uga like that today, And our shooting suckd today. They grinded out a win with def. shows character. First time at home I saw some shooting struggles.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Matchup problem today. That guard for uga was great. Like the old UT teams, the 04 strugglesdwith them. I saw uga like that today, And our shooting suckd today. They grinded out a win with def. shows character. First time at home I saw some shooting struggles.
We shot 40% for the game, 39% for 3pters, and 77% from the line. We shot well but could have been even better if we made some open shots. 13 turnovers and 22 fouls made it a game...also we had almost no baskets inside the arc. The big men were missing until Egbunu woke up at the end of the game.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
This team is really starting to remind me of three years ago when those guys had mountains of resilience and toughness to make up for a slight lack in raw talent. Stone has been a very pleasant surprise, and as I said early this season, Barry is going to carry us in March.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Our bench is on fire, thankfully (Barry and Stone, mainly).
Outscored starters 51-29.
Outscored UGAs bench 51-5.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
6a00e554e8872388330191047cb64c970c.jpg

Congrats Gators! Gotta love the effort to win...

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I just got home from the game and yes a win is a win, but I continue to see that the process is getting worse. They hung in to their credit, but mentally they do not seem to grasp some of the simple concepts of bball. Once again our shot selection was atrocious. I do not care about the %'s and the results, but there were way too may one pass and jack up a 3. How many times is Casey Hill going to bring the ball up the court and shoot it without ever making a single pass. I have said this a million times. Hill and Cheese should NEVER be allowed to shoot the ball unless it is an uncontested lay up or the shot clock is expiring. The offense was way too stagnant again, especially in OT. There is no meaningful off the ball movement and it is causing offensive issues as the season progresses. Allen and Robinson have become stagnant perimeter players and White has no ability to create movements for them to get the ball to the basket. They are effective going to the goal and slashing to the basket, but both are becoming spectators b/c White is not a good offensive coach. On the other hand, Barry again shows that he is very steady and not a yoyo like Allen and Robinson. Lastly, Eggy is getting worse offensively and if he would just commit to playing D, blocking shots, clogging lanes, waxing glass on both ends he will get his points via the garbage. he will also get more dunks by not shooting b/c his defender will forget about him to help on others and he can get rim runs and offensive boards for easy putbacks. But from what I saw today this team is primed for a loss at USCe b/c the process, especially offensively, is very very stale!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
@SC will be a tough one probably. They have been playing pretty good their last couple of games.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
We shot 40% for the game, 39% for 3pters, and 77% from the line. We shot well but could have been even better if we made some open shots. 13 turnovers and 22 fouls made it a game...also we had almost no baskets inside the arc. The big men were missing until Egbunu woke up at the end of the game.
My problem was I only saw the second half. And was focusing on that first 10 min. Kept missing until I screamed at the Buffalo Wild Wings screen to TAKE IT INSIDE.............Egbu sure was getting the rebounds near the end...........

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.