***Official Game Thread*** Florida vs Kentucky

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well, that was some Top Shelf effort and play. Congrats Gators, fine looking team tonight.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Fooley hit gold one more time - nobody called Mike White as being the guy to deliver a 22-point blowout to Kentucky's azz. Damn great job GATORS, damn great job MIKE!!! :clap:

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida wins 88-66!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What an amazing game. It was fueled by some amazing passion on the defensive end and some rebounding. They wanted this game and played like it. It wasn't the best offensively and we were even without Stone. Hill did it all for us. He played amazing D (even on Monk, I was wrong about that...they threw everyone at him) drove all day...dished...made FTs...and made jump shots. Amazing. We played a lot of 3 guard lineups due to being down a big in the 2nd half and it really helped limit turnovers. Allen was even off tonight...10 pts I thing...but EVERYONE played out of their mind with intensity!!!!!! Amazing ****ing Game

Edit: Really good coaching tonight as well...Coach White got this team to play tonight

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Tremendous defensive effort, but I'm a little surprised no one is talking about how well this team distributes the ball to set up high-percentage looks. Tonight's were the first significant minutes I've watched this team all season and that was the first thing that caught my eye.

Cal looked so frustrated at one point, I almost expected tears.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Liked Calipari squeeling like a pig to the officials when they were consistently clearly calling in his favor. Mike finally got tired of it and showed it in the last minute of the game. If these SEC officials are bought, give us some high school refs they will call an even game. And this coming from a fan whose Gators won by 22!

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I would also like to bring up...not 1 mention of Stone being out of this game from ESPN...but they did bring up a crap ton about Fox not practicing...and Mulder...and that they were without SKJ...who doesn't F'ing play....but not 1 work on Stone...that I heard lol

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Ashley Judd has been spotted while watching the game.

ashley-judd-has-emotions-3-o.gif

Spotted? She talking 'bout her period again?

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
I would also like to bring up...not 1 mention of Stone being out of this game from ESPN...but they did bring up a crap ton about Fox not practicing...and Mulder...and that they were without SKJ...who doesn't F'ing play....but not 1 work on Stone...that I heard lol
The cameras were more tuned in on the KY jelly players before tipoff

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Y'all remember when Mike White was a terrible head scratching hire? Good times.
cause he was not a big name hired gun...........that is the only coaches worth a sh#t ........like Billy was..........Oh wait.......I forgot. Mike has them playing def. Hustling and tonite they DID not take their foot of UKs neck or off the pedal. KaseyH shot the ball tonite better than ever. the Reb margin was unreal and all those shots blocked in the 1st half had Uk going WTF.............and crying Calamari was an embarrassment.........to Lexington. If I was a ref I woulda give him a little business.......

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
just like football when the announcer bemoaned bammer's 3 missing defensive starters and barely mentioned that over half of UF's defensive starters were out

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Florida wins 88-66!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What an amazing game. It was fueled by some amazing passion on the defensive end and some rebounding. They wanted this game and played like it. It wasn't the best offensively and we were even without Stone. Hill did it all for us. He played amazing D (even on Monk, I was wrong about that...they threw everyone at him) drove all day...dished...made FTs...and made jump shots. Amazing. We played a lot of 3 guard lineups due to being down a big in the 2nd half and it really helped limit turnovers. Allen was even off tonight...10 pts I thing...but EVERYONE played out of their mind with intensity!!!!!! Amazing ****ing Game

Edit: Really good coaching tonight as well...Coach White got this team to play tonight
Perfect synopsis of this game. Billy took a few years to buy into the Def intensity part....... MIkeW knows from the get go it wins games...........The rebound margin was not real. History says this is the biggest victory margin over UK ever............good for these boys and Mike

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
All you Gator Basketball and Mike White and Hill/Chiozza Haters and Complainers are OWNED and DESTROYED and TRASHED and DOMINATED and FRIGGIN HUMILIATED just like UK tonight baby!! How's that one taste baby?!?! I have ALWAYS been a HUGE defender of the basketball program and you Haters are choking on crow tonight baby!! Where is FireFoley at now??!!??!! Always complaining even when we win. Guess what?? We didn't just WIN, we friggin STUFFED you critics and Gator Haters!! GO GATORS!!

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
This doesn't happen by accident. Mike appears to be a coach that commands buy-in and gets it. At this point I'm very comfortable with our BB coach. Very impressed with his work in front of the cameras too. The guy is very intertesting during an interview will somebody please make Mac look at some of Mike's tapes.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

No Stone, playing on 48 hours rest compared to their 96 hours, and having a short bench in the 1st half due to foul trouble (many ticky tack). But yes Bilas, please tell me about Fox's sickness where he played regular minutes. The fact that he didn't start but came in after only 3 minutes of game time was a joke :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.