***Official Game Thread*** Florida vs Kentucky

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think chiozza got enough credit tonight. Hill had a hell of a game but chiozza locked monk's ass down.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I would also like to bring up...not 1 mention of Stone being out of this game from ESPN...but they did bring up a crap ton about Fox not practicing...and Mulder...and that they were without SKJ...who doesn't F'ing play....but not 1 work on Stone...that I heard lol
This game could have gotten uglier if stone had gotten rimmers minutes.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
“Kasey Hill is not known as a jumpshooter. He made 5 straight shots,” Calipari said. “That happens against us. Guys have beer muscles. All of a sudden they’re better than they are. I’m not saying … because I really like Kasey Hill, I like him as a player and I recruited him because I know him.” - Coach Cal

This just seems like a really classless thing to say. Major butthurt detected.

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
We left some points out there. We got a hit with a lot of ticky-tack fouls (from my perspective) that limited some of our guys minutes, especially at the end of the first half, when we were unable to extend the score when Hill was out.

But we really played good defensive, and we played hard all all the time. (Well, not me. The players.) And we passed and moved the ball well. We have enough quality depth that we can weather some fouls. We can be can very good when we play team-first ball like this.

Fun game to watch !!!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
“Kasey Hill is not known as a jumpshooter. He made 5 straight shots,” Calipari said. “That happens against us. Guys have beer muscles. All of a sudden they’re better than they are. I’m not saying … because I really like Kasey Hill, I like him as a player and I recruited him because I know him.” - Coach Cal

That was a very classless thing for a head coach to say. That is something like an an opposing fan would cry about when their team loses.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

What a f*cking tool. Take your ass beating like a man.

(But he's right about Kasey :lol:)

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Hell of a win. Couldn't really watch it because every time I turned in, we'd be up ten and then they'd come right back. So I stayed away to keep the good mojo going.

Mike white is really starting to make a name for himself

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Really happy for Hill. He's playing much better this year and hope he can go out on a high note.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Can't say the last time I watched a coach blow through their TO's with 9 minutes still left in the game. That alone blew my mind. The look on the UK player faces in that 7:00 to 6:00 minute span in the second have with no TO's and the Gators were hanging a 13-0 run on them was priceless. They looks absolutely stunned. The looks were saying, "No way we can hang with these guys." They literally gave up on ole Cal. Also I think the Gators just sent a message to the rest of the NCAA: "You can no longer ignore us."

Confession: I was a non-believer in Coach White. As the season opened I was VERY unimpressed and constantly whining to my Gator posse what an empty suit he was. I was wrong. Make that deliriously happy wrong. Go Gators.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I was never an unbeliever in White, but I was and remain open to skepticism. It is great to beat UK, but the only thing that matters this year is getting into the NCAA tourney.

White must get the "he can't even make the tourney when his dad is on the selection committee" monkey off his back. Now it appears UF is well on the way to making the tourney this year, but that was true last year and UF did not play well and lost games they should have won down the stretch. Of course this year UF is in even better shape, but the deal is NOT closed yet.

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Ok, so I am a HUGE idiot and happy to be so. After those listless losses to SC and then Vandy at home, I just didn't think we'd have the moxie to hang with another uber talented Kentucky squad. But I am oh so giddy to be wrong about that. Like dancing on the street doing cartwheels happy. That was a ton of fun and absolutely incredible. This team has a chance to be special.

And I've never said a bad thing about Coach White like some. I was unsure at the time of the hire, but have always been hopeful with him since. Now I think it's certainly possible that we may have the next Billy D on our hands. Go Gators!!!! :chomp:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I can't believe we lost to vandy and scar. I hope this game marks the moment when the team flipped the switch to send them deep into the tourney. We shall see.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Perhaps but Rimmer did his job, we should be very happy to have him on the team especially when the refs are calling all those brush fouls. Now since we get called for them, perhaps the bigs actually need to do them.

This game could have gotten uglier if stone had gotten rimmers minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.