***Official Game Thread*** Florida vs Mercer

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
30 bucks in fees? Remember when Pearl Jam sued ticketmaster for all the crappy fees? That worked out well.

Anyway have fun and try to get the crowd going. I miss my rowdy reptile days.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
30 bucks in fees? Remember when Pearl Jam sued ticketmaster for all the crappy fees? That worked out well.

Anyway have fun and try to get the crowd going. I miss my rowdy reptile days.
Looked at the Lakeland Center site the other day to remember where our seats were and seemed like the lower level was pretty well sold. Hopefully that's the case on Thursday. And yeah, we're section 24 mid court. Should be fun.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
No, but we don't have 2 or 3 years - we need a PG next year. Chorizo is not the answer.
Also, you don't want Allen being a PG as he's the best pure shooter we've got. Hester could possibly help fill the role, but I'd rather we go after a true PG, and let Hester concentrate on improving his shot and being the stopper on D that he's supposed to be.

Curry is a PG and I'm fairly confident he's their best pure shooter....lol. I get what you're saying and don't want to have Chiozza starting either. Let's hope for a nice pickup soon

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
SQ got the tickets for Lakeland, she said they're pretty good. Midcourt and not too far up. I'm going by Amalie Arena tomorrow to get those tickets, probably just getting the $15 general admission. I tried to buy those online and two $15 tickets were $61 after fees. :eek3:

I may be going to the Lakeland game but am definitely going to the one in Tampa. How much were the Lakeland tix? Everything i see is around $40.

Are the ones at Amalie really only $15?

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I may be going to the Lakeland game but am definitely going to the one in Tampa. How much were the Lakeland tix? Everything i see is around $40.

Are the ones at Amalie really only $15?
I got the Lakeland tix for $30 each when they went on pre-sale.

Amalie $15 tix are GA in the "end zones".

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
SQ got the tickets for Lakeland, she said they're pretty good. Midcourt and not too far up. I'm going by Amalie Arena tomorrow to get those tickets, probably just getting the $15 general admission. I tried to buy those online and two $15 tickets were $61 after fees. :eek3:

Sas- can you let me know if you are able to pick them up early for $15? Interested in doing the same?

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Curry is a PG and I'm fairly confident he's their best pure shooter....lol. I get what you're saying and don't want to have Chiozza starting either. Let's hope for a nice pickup soon
Well, if Chorizo was Curry, we'd have no worries.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Sas- can you let me know if you are able to pick them up early for $15? Interested in doing the same?
Yeah I'll let you know. You can go directly to the box office and get them without the absurd amount of fees, but I'm also assuming you could order them over the phone and just be will call. Either way, I'm not ordering them through Ticketmaster.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah I'll let you know. You can go directly to the box office and get them without the absurd amount of fees, but I'm also assuming you could order them over the phone and just be will call. Either way, I'm not ordering them through Ticketmaster.

Thank you, sir!

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Ok so I just walked up to the box office and got two GA tickets for $44 total. The lady said there won't be that many people there so you should be able to move down pretty far, although the GA areas are behind the baskets.

Awesome. Thanks again man!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
In this modernity, the dunkers get the praise and video highlights (that's like TV commercials).
Is that why the purely ball handlers/play setters are not developing like days of old?
Remember that player who was short (6')? Spent his formative years being doubted.
Not Spud Webb, Ernie Digregorio. He played so low to the "ground" normal height defenders
couldn't smoothly reach that low. Also with so little floor-to-hand distance his dribble couldn't
veer. Add to that that he bounced it so hard, it quickly came back into his hand's contact control.
Played for Providence, then won NBA Rookie of the Year. Great passer. He said his BB philosophy
was simple (kiss) = "If that guy played/practiced 5 hours/day, then by practicing 10 hours/day, I could
beat him out."

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
In this modernity, the dunkers get the praise and video highlights (that's like TV commercials).
Is that why the purely ball handlers/play setters are not developing like days of old?
Remember that player who was short (6')? Spent his formative years being doubted.
Not Spud Webb, Ernie Digregorio. He played so low to the "ground" normal height defenders
couldn't smoothly reach that low. Also with so little floor-to-hand distance his dribble couldn't
veer. Add to that that he bounced it so hard, it quickly came back into his hand's contact control.
Played for Providence, then won NBA Rookie of the Year. Great passer. He said his BB philosophy
was simple (kiss) = "If that guy played/practiced 5 hours/day, then by practicing 10 hours/day, I could
beat him out."

Never heard of Ernie so I had to look him up. Reminds me of a Bob Cousy type.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Dennis Johnson of the Celtics from 1983-90 is the best PG I have ever seen by making the players around him better. His distribution of the ball and defense was unparalleled and he preferred assists to scoring himself. Hill and Chorizo would do well to study his game.

That said, Hill and Chorizo are as quick as any two point guards I have seen on the same team and I've seen hundreds if not thousands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.