***Official Game Thread*** Florida vs Mercer

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
On a crazy gamble...I am predicting that Shai Alexander will recommit to the Gators tomorrow.

All signs are 100% for UK, but I have a hunch he may switch at the last second.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
On a crazy gamble...I am predicting that Shai Alexander will recommit to the Gators tomorrow.

All signs are 100% for UK, but I have a hunch he may switch at the last second.

Inside info?

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Any idea who else we are looking at and our chances of landing them?
I'll take a look tonight. Off hand I think we still have a shot with Gak's brother depending on how our season goes. Other than that we are in on a bunch of highly ranked players, but not much of a chance to get them.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'll take a look tonight. Off hand I think we still have a shot with Gak's brother depending on how our season goes. Other than that we are in on a bunch of highly ranked players, but not much of a chance to get them.
Coach White needs to be knocking on the doors of any interested PGs out there. I just looked at ESPNs list and there's still a couple in the top 100 who have little to no offers and one that shows 'zero' offers. There's even more beyond that on 247s expanded list.
https://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings
https://247sports.com/Season/2017-Basketball/RecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=Highschool

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We've got 3 or 4 PGs on the team with only one a senior...Hill

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We've got 3 or 4 PGs on the team with only one a senior...Hill
New math?
I count one (Chorizo) and he'll be a senior next year - lord help us. Allen and Hester are both shooting guards. We desperately need a PG in this class that can challenge/overtake Chorizo for the starting PG spot, and Alexander had filled that need for almost a whole year before he screwed us over last minute.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
New math?
I count one (Chorizo) and he'll be a senior next year - lord help us. Allen and Hester are both shooting guards. We desperately need a PG in this class that can challenge/overtake Chorizo for the starting PG spot, and Alexander had filled that need for almost a whole year before he screwed us over last minute.

Is there a rule against a 2 from developing 1 skills over 2-3 years?

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Is there a rule against a 2 from developing 1 skills over 2-3 years?
No, but we don't have 2 or 3 years - we need a PG next year. Chorizo is not the answer.
Also, you don't want Allen being a PG as he's the best pure shooter we've got. Hester could possibly help fill the role, but I'd rather we go after a true PG, and let Hester concentrate on improving his shot and being the stopper on D that he's supposed to be.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No, but we don't have 2 or 3 years - we need a PG next year. Chorizo is not the answer.
Also, you don't want Allen being a PG as he's the best pure shooter we've got. Hester could possibly help fill the role, but I'd rather we go after a true PG, and let Hester concentrate on improving his shot and being the stopper on D that he's supposed to be.

I think you're wrong about Chorizo....we will see...

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think you're wrong about Chorizo....we will see...
I hope you're right. He shows flashes of good here and there, but not consistent, and with his limited size, he needs to be more consistent. He's serviceable, I'll give him that.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
What Bart said. We need a true pass first PG who is not 5'8.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Looking like we'll be going to both the St. Bonnies game and the Belmont game on Thursday and Monday. It'll be odd, but I'm sure we'll have a nice view. :lol:

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Awesome Sas. Did you splurge for the $20 courtside seats?

And those are no slouch teams. They'll be a good test. Seton Hall is up after Belmont.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Awesome Sas. Did you splurge for the $20 courtside seats?

And those are no slouch teams. They'll be a good test. Seton Hall is up after Belmont.
SQ got the tickets for Lakeland, she said they're pretty good. Midcourt and not too far up. I'm going by Amalie Arena tomorrow to get those tickets, probably just getting the $15 general admission. I tried to buy those online and two $15 tickets were $61 after fees. :eek3:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator