***Official Game Thread*** Florida vs St. Bonaventure

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
If we don't execute in the half court we are in trouble. They are confident and we can't get a good shot

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Every second of practice should be on running half court offense. Another turnover.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Play crap ball, get crap results.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Not pretty, but I'll take it. Early in the season wake up call right there.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Play crap ball, get crap results.
Wasn't crap. We were up double digits multiple times including 15 with 10 min left. We just make substitutions and then were forced to play halfcourt (now that was crap ball). St Bonaventure is a good most likely at large tournament team. They are big, play physical, and have 2 amazing guards who can shoot 3pters as good as anyone in the country. This was a good win on a neutral court. Clearly we still have things that need improvment, but it definitely wasn't completely bad. Just a little inconsistent. Last year we lose that game by 7-10 pts.

Last edited:

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Wasn't crap. We were up double digits multiple times including 15 with 10 min left. We just make substitutions and then were forced to play halfcourt (now that was crap ball). St Bonaventure is a good most likely at large tournament team. They are big, play physical, and have 2 amazing guards who cant shoot 3pters as good as anyone in the country. This was a good win on a neutral court. Clearly we still have things that need improvment, but it definitely wasn't completely bad. Just a little inconsistent. Last year we lose that game by 7-10 pts.
I wouldn't call it neutral. It was decidedly gator but our shoddy play got the small bonny crowd in it.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like alot of freaker outers on here as usual ready to close the program or quit on the season.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GREAT WIN by our guys against a good team/program. Close wins are good as that will help later on in the year. Go Gators!!

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Wasn't crap. We were up double digits multiple times including 15 with 10 min left. We just make substitutions and then were forced to play halfcourt (now that was crap ball). St Bonaventure is a good most likely at large tournament team. They are big, play physical, and have 2 amazing guards who cant shoot 3pters as good as anyone in the country. This was a good win on a neutral court. Clearly we still have things that need improvment, but it definitely wasn't completely bad. Just a little inconsistent. Last year we lose that game by 7-10 pts.

Good to know. Close games against good teams this time of year can only help us.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Egbunu needs "big-man" lessons. He is slow, plus he hesitates.
Our ball handlers played clumsily, plus stupid.
Didn't see much good coaching, planning ?
Nobody is dynamic, except our too short drivers getting swallowed up & turning it over.
Lots more practice needed.?
Canyon Barry improves this team. He might be our best player this year.?
Chiozza is confusing to me and to his teammates.
Glad we won.
>> PS >> Egbunu should not go NBA next year.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Well I am in China for about another week so I have not watched any of these first basketball games. I will say it sounds like and the stats look like:

1. Kasey Hill's lack of feel for the college game will never change. Chiozza is not great either.

2. Robinson is seemingly harnessing his NBA potential and could be a draft pick. Through the first 3 games he seems the steadying influence on the team.

3. Egbunu is rebounding more consistently but still inconsistent in scoring.

4. Barry is having to make an adjustment and we have yet to get to the SEC part of the schedule.

5. The jury seems out as to whether or not Allen has taken a step forward this year, but his shooting seemingly came around some tonight.

6. Leon is a pretty dependable guy who gets a lot out of his talent still.

7. Hayes has built off his end of the season play particularly post season after Egbunu was hurt and is a solid consistent contributor.

That seems to be the rotation and this team will go about as far as its PG play will allow it to.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Barry is a key player. We lose this game without him.

Remainder, same old shiit. Egbunu deserved a technical on that last dunk and Devin could have easily missed that hammer.....just do a simple jam and get back on D......wtf....

So much talent, so little brains.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Well I am in China for about another week so I have not watched any of these first basketball games. I will say it sounds like and the stats look like:

1. Kasey Hill's lack of feel for the college game will never change. Chiozza is not great either.

2. Robinson is seemingly harnessing his NBA potential and could be a draft pick. Through the first 3 games he seems the steadying influence on the team.

3. Egbunu is rebounding more consistently but still inconsistent in scoring.

4. Barry is having to make an adjustment and we have yet to get to the SEC part of the schedule.

5. The jury seems out as to whether or not Allen has taken a step forward this year, but his shooting seemingly came around some tonight.

6. Leon is a pretty dependable guy who gets a lot out of his talent still.

7. Hayes has built off his end of the season play particularly post season after Egbunu was hurt and is a solid consistent contributor.

That seems to be the rotation and this team will go about as far as its PG play will allow it to.

Pretty spot on. I will say that Barry looks like one of our best offensive weapons and I think Hayes will be better than Egbunu by end of the season (still like Egbunu but I think really highly of Hayes).

Overall, we need to be a lot more unselfish. We are taking far too many contested and forced shots. I think we have the pieces to be a really good team, just need to put it all together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator