***Official Game Thread*** Florida vs St. Bonaventure

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
This was a game of some wild runs. They went on a 21-6 run to tie it at 66. Before that we went on like a 12-0 run and before that Bonnies went on an 11 or 12-0 run. Good win vs a good team. Next week it gets even tougher vs Seton Hall.

Am still baffled how Alexander picked Kentucky. Was he scared of Chiozza?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I think Hayes will be better than Egbunu by end of the season (still like Egbunu but I think really highly of Hayes).

I like Hayes a lot too. I am starting to wonder if like Parsons, Egbunu's game might suit the NBA better than college.

Last edited:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I like Hayes a lot too. I am starting to wonder if like Parsons, Egbunu's game might suit the NBA better than college.

Parson was SEC POY wasn't he? I'm a little disappointed in Egbunu's play so far but it's been only 3 games. I think he will pick it up and we will have a nice 1-2 punch in the front court.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yes Parsons was SEC POY because he worked hard under Coach Billy D and maximized his potential and talent. Parsons was pretty much a throw in recruit with his buddy Calathes and it was Parsons who ended up being the MUCH better player on his way to the NBA and helped the Gators get back to the NCAA Tourney and 3 Elite 8s.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Bonnies have a solid basketball team. Front court had quick hands and played stellar defense. Back court had those two guys draining threes almost at will. Defense clearly took a step back without Egbunu on the floor, and the offense clearly opened up when D-Rob was on the floor.

Barry is the glue guy this year, AND he can score. He needs a lot more minutes. Great job by our guys responding the final minute and pulling that one out. The last two years, that's a loss.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Chiozza is so bad that using Barry at his spot certainly couldn't make us worse.? This team
has no dynamics; it seems they sorta watch others in an "out of body experience" way.??

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Like many here, I think we have some nice pieces but they haven't figured out where they fit in, yet..... Also agree that we would have lost this game last year.

Soooooo, we are making progress.

I think a Tourney fun/run is possible.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Yes Parsons was SEC POY because he worked hard under Coach Billy D and maximized his potential and talent. Parsons was pretty much a throw in recruit with his buddy Calathes and it was Parsons who ended up being the MUCH better player on his way to the NBA and helped the Gators get back to the NCAA Tourney and 3 Elite 8s.

Parsons usually had a great deal of trouble at UF whenever UF faced a team playing 3 guards. The 6'3" or 6'4" guy gave him tons of trouble. He does not have to deal with those guys in the NBA and thus his game is more suited for the NBA than college. He was an SEC player of the year with a solid but not great year and thus that award was more of team award, because no UF player had ever won it.

It is absurd to claim the 39th ranked recruit in the country:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/awards/recruit_rankings_2007.html

was a throw in even though his 11th ranked teammate was higher ranked. You take the 39th ranked player almost anytime. It is as absurd as people who imagine that the unranked Wilbekin who moved up in class to help UF was a two star recruit. He basically had two stars as a place holder until he would have been evaluated that summer in AAU ball, but he enrolled in UF instead.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Parsons usually had a great deal of trouble at UF whenever UF faced a team playing 3 guards. The 6'3" or 6'4" guy gave him tons of trouble. He does not have to deal with those guys in the NBA and thus his game is more suited for the NBA than college. He was an SEC player of the year with a solid but not great year and thus that award was more of team award, because no UF player had ever won it.

It is absurd to claim the 39th ranked recruit in the country:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/awards/recruit_rankings_2007.html

was a throw in even though his 11th ranked teammate was higher ranked. You take the 39th ranked player almost anytime. It is as absurd as people who imagine that the unranked Wilbekin who moved up in class to help UF was a two star recruit. He basically had two stars as a place holder until he would have been evaluated that summer in AAU ball, but he enrolled in UF instead.

As a side note, I miss Scottie and Parsons :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator