Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Las Vegas Bowl - UF vs Oregon State***

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Many years my ass, I’m proud of the fact that I have never contributed anything of substance in all my years in here.
High standards set and achieved.

Don't let Ox bring you down.

Girl Car GIF by MOODMAN

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
ETN and Johnson should have 25 carries apiece.
I have no idea why Miller or Brown would not be the starter. Meaningless game against a lower-mid level P5 team. See what you’ve got with guys you may actually have to depend on later. One of the walk-ons playing would bother me.
Is Johnson gone after this season? Not sure this bowl is worth risking ETN’s future or us having him at 100% next season.

sofla, exactly, and give the staff some excuse cushion if it gets ugly.

Would be nice if the staff also demonstrates some management improvement.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Is Johnson gone after this season? Not sure this bowl is worth risking ETN’s future or us having him at 100% next season.

sofla, exactly, and give the staff some excuse cushion if it gets ugly.

Would be nice if the staff also demonstrates some management improvement.

On your first point, we can’t knock players for sitting out and then make our own choice to sit them if we deem the bowl unworthy. I get your point, but then where does it stop? Spring game? Final regular season contest?

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
On your first point, we can’t knock players for sitting out and then make our own choice to sit them if we deem the bowl unworthy. I get your point, but then where does it stop? Spring game? Final regular season contest?
Well, it would be optimal if our staff and team has a great game and none of our players are injured. We need it. Less optimal is that we get hammered and our staff looks like game show contestants whose names were pulled from a hat. The result will probably within those ranges.

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
A lot of injuries happen in football as a result of missed assignments, imperfect technique and just inexperience. A team that plays well is less prone to injury than a makeshift team where the most experienced players sit out. Sure injuries will still happen: football is a collision sport, but before a coach puts a team on the field, he must consider the well-being of that team. Fielding a team just to play a game could be disastrous.

That being said we are scheduled to play a bowl game against a team that would like nothing more than to take down the mighty Gators. The beavers are 9-3 with only losses against both teams in their conference championship and a 10-2 husky team. I know we will be without a lot of players who entered to portal or left for the nfl, but to limit injuries we need to play a quality game with the most experienced players remaining on our roster.

Additionally, the Gators may field the youngest team ever next year, so it would mean a lot to the program to end the year with a winning record. It may also be important for ESD.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
Awesome. We can't play for shyt at 11AM CST, how the hell is the team going to do at 11.30AM PST. Yes spare me the time I know it is actually later, but all this does is give the knob slobberers and Kool Aid drinkers another excuse.
Take a breath. It's 2:30 pm Gainesville time. Whatever happens, don't blame the time of day.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Awesome. We can't play for shyt at 11AM CST, how the hell is the team going to do at 11.30AM PST. Yes spare me the time I know it is actually later, but all this does is give the knob slobberers and Kool Aid drinkers another excuse.
I don't think you get how this works. It's a 2:30 eastern kickoff. It's OSU that would be getting the shaft from the early start, especially because they typically have games with late evening kickoffs, so called PAC12 after dark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator