***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Mighty Gators vs Kitties***

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Kentucky. Vandy, Lsu, South Carolina, Missouri is all I count. 2 wins versus Georgia in jax. A bowl win.
Yeah, I think his #fakenews is #fakernews.

I guess its 7-7.

We pay 4.5 mil a year for a coinflip coach. 50/50

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So we're counting neutral site games with road games?
Are they home games?

When the point is that Fatazz is lucky to win outside of BHG, I guess Im failing to see why you are trying to add asterisks next to the losses.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If you discard neutral site games he is 5-4 in true "road" games.
With neutral site games he is 8-8 in all "away from home" games, includes conference championship and bowl games.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
giphy.gif

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The way I see it, there have been 3 constants in McElwain's time here.

1) We don't lose to teams we absolutely should've beaten(Ark 2016 as the exception).

2) When we lose to the better teams, we lose by waayy too much.

3) When we win, whether against a good team, or a lesser team, it will be ugly.

Therefore, I put this in the 1 column, with 3 being a given. We may need double OT. We may need 2 defensive scores, a last second 60+ yard throw, ten 4th down conversions, a missed FG by them, and/or tackling our own player at midfield, in order to do it. But we win.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I see the first drive going a little something like this.
touchback

1D- Perine run right for 4 yard gain
2D- Perine PA right, Powell slip screen left for 15

1D- Perine run left 2 yard gain
2D- Perine run right 3 yard gain
3D- Powell catches a short cross/drag for 7 yards

1D- PA deep ball to Cleveland for PI

Drive stalls on a couple of silly false starts, we get about 10 back on a 3rd down draw and Eddy boots a long FG for a 3-0 lead.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Just doing some pregame research and I don't know if it's been commented on, but compared to last year's Gators starters, of the projected starters for this game, only Brandon Powell, C'Lewis, M.Ivey, and Duke Dawson are returning. And of that group, only Powell and Lewis are playing the same position as they were last year.

These are much different teams than last year, and based on the first two games of this season, we might should anticipate a much different result, not only because of personnel but productivity.

Last year UK was 12th in run D, and this year so far they are #1 allowing only 57 yds per game. Watching the UK/USCe game, the Cocks completely abandoned the run in the 2nd half. In comparison, UF is 11th in run D this year.

I fully expect UK to run the ball and wear out our D early. Especially if the Gators continue to be anemic offensively.

The pressure will really be on Franks to win the game with his arm.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just doing some pregame research and I don't know if it's been commented on, but compared to last year's Gators starters, of the projected starters for this game, only Brandon Powell, C'Lewis, M.Ivey, and Duke Dawson are returning. And of that group, only Powell and Lewis are playing the same position as they were last year.

These are much different teams than last year, and based on the first two games of this season, we might should anticipate a much different result, not only because of personnel but productivity.

Last year UK was 12th in run D, and this year so far they are #1 allowing only 57 yds per game. Watching the UK/USCe game, the Cocks completely abandoned the run in the 2nd half. In comparison, UF is 11th in run D this year.

I fully expect UK to run the ball and wear out our D early. Especially if the Gators continue to be anemic offensively.

You're right that they have definitely improved against the run. The only question is how much? South Carolina isn't exactly known for having a great running game, and UK's first two games were against Sally Sue Tech and Ann Marie Central.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I noticed they were giving up all the short throws against SC just playing to tackle upon the catch mostly. I wonder if they try that against us also since we didn't throw down the field except that last bomb.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
we are two evenly-matched teams talent-wise. It will come down to coaching. Butters shyts himself on the road and Kitties are far better than Arky.

Kittycats 41
Gator 9

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Let's face it. We'll win just enough games to keep the monkey around much longer than we want. It seems like fate is 'still' against us. If he doesn't give Davis and Toney more touches, you have to wonder if he has any coaching ability at all. To me they seem to want to protect a player if he's good. Put his butt out there and let him earn his keep. If he does get hurt then next man up. I've played in golf tournaments where player never used their mulligans that they paid extra for.

Uncle Rob

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2016
I noticed they were giving up all the short throws against SC just playing to tackle upon the catch mostly. I wonder if they try that against us also since we didn't throw down the field except that last bomb.
I hope they try that against Toney and Massey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator