***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Corn Dogs***

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Predictions:

Mullen will not be fired at the end of the season.

Grantham will be.

Marco will not be kicked off the team

He should be benched.

Bama will be ugly.

Trask will not win the Heisman.
Agreed

Except Grantham will not be. They will continue to blame ALL the players. And ALL the recruits who wont come to us. Besides there is no sense in paying a buyout. The inevitable will happen regardless

It is too bad for #11, but Mullin gon Mullin.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sorry but there's honestly nothing left to do but laugh at this point, and I'm still laughing at the ref's call. "Unsportsmanlike conduct...for taking a player's shoe...and throwing it 20 yards down the field!"

Mullen might as well have thrown the red flag to contest the yardage, just to keep the comedy going. Say all you want about him being a quarterback whisperer but no championship caliber coach would ever hire and continuously employ a coordinator as bad as Grantham. Mullen is OC material. That's his ceiling.
He is a mediocre OC.

He needs someone to push him out of ball control football, which is his default.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
609 yards of total offense and we lose. I can remember in the Muschamp era thinking " If he just had an OC that could get us 350 yds/game, we could play foe the SEC/NC."
3 turnovers and several 3 and outs. 609 yards only tells part of the story. The offense did not have anywhere close to a great game.

gat0rjay

Sep 7, 2014
For me, it boils down to...
  • Too many bad decisions by CDM (not kicking FG on first drive and/or the play they called on 4th after electing to go for it, play selection on all those 2nd half 3-and-outs, and play selection on last series of 1H that KT fumbled - to name a few)
  • Too many missed/bad throws by KT (let's be honest, he missed a few that counted that he should've made, and that Pick6 was ugly)
  • Too much horrible blocking by OL (they certainly didn't help much tonight)
  • Typical embarrassing display by the entire defensive unit (if you take out the 10 KT gave away, they still gave up 27, and that says nothing of 3rd down or redzone)
  • Typical horrible defensive coaching/preparedness
  • Bad luck/decisions (2nd INT, missed FG, shoe throw)
  • Laziness and entitlement (1st half looked about like the level of interest we had back in the UGA or MO '17 days, it was embarrassing)
Worst of all for me was Mullen's hubris at that halftime questioning. He's a decent to good - not a great - coach (which he unfortunately proved tonight). But he sure acted like he was Saban or Spurrier the way he arrogantly replied to the questions insinuating he was doing everything right, and KT was the only problem out on the field, with no recognition at all that there may also be other issues (to say the least, maybe his own preparation and motivational techniques). That certainly left an unpleasant taste in my mouth.

Most of all this unfortunately just makes me more apathetic about ever having serious title hopes in the near future. We're not on the right track. Can you imagine a Spurrier/Urban team losing to an unranked opponent with a losing record at home with national title implications on the line? Dan is so far below either of them, and I fear way too stubborn and arrogant to ever seriously modify his logic to achieve better outcomes.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
76088994-081A-4DAF-B8F5-6D4FF69F461F.gif Sounds like I made the right decision going to bed at halftime.

Last edited:

Hurrig8r

Nov 18, 2017

247Sports
@247Sports

·
6h

Florida's Dan Mullen after tonight's loss on the CFP: "Probably the best thing to do would’ve been play less games. Because you seem to get rewarded this year for not playing."

NO YOU POS...YOU GET REWARDED FOR WINNING THE ONES YOU PLAY!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator