• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
KY will be a good test for our secondary. I think they'll rise to the occasion.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
It looks like they won’t have any running backs and their OTs are suspect. I’m guessing they’ll have to use a lot of bubble screens, slants, sweeps and reverses. Eye and assignment discipline will be key.

I just hope our guys are ready again.

I also hope we can work in more DTs to get Dexter some breathers. He played 68 of 72 snaps. Humphries & McClelland never saw the field.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

I totally agree. Raymond will have those guys dialed in. I see UF getting a pass rush this week and getting to the QB. IMO Utah OL > than UK's. Hearing both their tackles could not handle the edge rush. We know our Edge guys will be better than Miamuh of OH. Offensively for UF, keep it the same. Don't get crazy, give what they take, and we'll take the "W".

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Ky will bring some surprises. My guess is 70/30 pass vs run.
Napier and Co. knows this isn’t a cakewalk. Don’t overlook these guys especially their defense.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Ky will bring some surprises. My guess is 70/30 pass vs run.
Napier and Co. knows this isn’t a cakewalk. Don’t overlook these guys especially their defense.

They are usually tough & physical; and always attempt a trick play or two to catch us off-guard (since they hate us more than any other SEC team, ironically).

That said--I do think we match up well with them and *especially* if their RB is still out. Our DL should be able to cause a bit more pressure since they'll be more one-dimensional than Utah was; and our secondary is a strength of the defense (unlike Utah, KY doesn't have the TEs to threaten us in the spots our secondary isn't as strong--and most of their starting WRs are freshmen in any case).

We likely won't average 7 yards per rush against that defense--but I think our passing game will be slightly better. Richardson really is an x-factor that they'll have to account for. His rushing threat will open up lots of play-action and RPOs that other teams can't ignore.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Last edited:

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
Really excited about this game. I think we will be able to run the ball and we will see way more zone coverage to try and eliminate AR taking off while the D has their backs turned. Should make for better passing windows that AR can exploit.
I would love to see the DL take a step forward. Especially the rotational guys. Need to get through this game healthy and build more depth across the DL. More importantly, come out with a win! I think our ground game will be too much for KY and we finish them off.
Go Gators!

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Yep, he knows DypShyt Dan is no longer here and AR looked good.
That and it must be nearly impossible to sustain a solid roster year to year at Kentucky. He makes the most with what he has and gets some great individuals at spots. But his OT xfers didn’t look good against Miami O. and he has lost his top 2-3 RBs and top LB to disciplinary issues or injury.

Meanwhile he has a bunch of hungry Gators waiting who won’t overlook them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.