Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Kentucky***

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Billy will put the usual spin on it…we’re young, we have to learn how to win games like this, it’s a process, blah, blah , blah.
You are correct but only the transients will fall for it. Every team is young these days. Every team has turnover yearly with the portal.

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
I am done with the Napier experiment. At some point the CEO HBC has to coach and he ain't doing it.
Yup. I'm willing to be patient to beat fsu and Georgia. I am not willing to "wait til next year" to beat Kentucky. Chalk me up in the dumper column from here on out.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ground made it come loose.

ted

Aug 24, 2019
This is a shockingly bad performance in all facets of Football. As much as I like to be patient, especially with such a massive rebuild needed for this program, this may be the beggining of the end for BN

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
It just comes down to the little things on the road again

Bad tackling
Bad QB play
Running game shut down because of the QB play
Stupid penalties hurting us and helping the other team
Huge momentum shifts because of the above

Just did it again. They weren't hiking the ball yet 8 false starts...they were adjusting the play and he jumps wtf. Players panic on the road is very bad

Then a dropped bomb of a pass. Nothing but the ground breaking it up, but also a 15 yd PF penalty on the same play lmao

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Listening to Napier during the sideline interview. Pathetic! No fire, no emotion, excuses galore! This translates to the players. This sucks!

And I get a “Stoned” rating on this? I have no clue WTF SaltGator has seen over the past year & a half but it’s clear as day to me that teams mirror what they see from the HC.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
It just comes down to the little things on the road again

Bad tackling
Bad QB play
Running game shut down because of the QB play
Stupid penalties hurting us and helping the other team
Huge momentum shifts because of the above

Just did it again. They weren't hiking the ball yet 8 false starts...they were adjusting the play and he jumps wtf. Players panic on the road is very bad

Then a dropped bomb of a pass. Nothing but the ground breaking it up, but also a 15 yd PF penalty on the same play lmao
You left out "Getting our asses dominated on both lines of scrimmage"

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
I can't believe I'm discussing this but if we are going to be this bad this season, firing Napier will be a very serious discussion soon by more than just dumpers. We have played 3 serious teams now and only have one quarter where we outplayed them so far.

I have a feeling we are 3-15 months from digging through the bargain bin again.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I gotta say the more I see of Mertz, the more impressed I am. Combine that with a pair of fine running backs and Pearsall, and you come away scratching your head as to why we don't score more points.

BTW, do we have a tight end that we throw to?

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
You left out "Getting our asses dominated on both lines of scrimmage"
Sad but so true. Can’t believe we are becoming Kentucky’s whipping boy. Pretty freaking sad. I know folks don’t like Stoops, but damn he coaches better then Gomer Pyle!

ted

Aug 24, 2019
No matter how this plays out, Strickland and Foley have to be jettisoned or there is no use changing coaches. We need a new athletic department philosophy from top to bottom. Make a clean sweep and reclaim our prowess in the revenue sports

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
I'm afraid, this is a "wheels come off" type of game.
Players aren't going to continually "trust the process, right" when losing to much lesser talented teams.
Instead of what should have been, a Statement game from the Gators.
Turns out, Stoops, can coach circles around Sunbelt Billy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator