***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs LSU***

Who would you rather listen to in a press conference?

• Ed Orgeron

Votes: 88 96.7%
  • Jim McElwain

Votes: 3 3.3%

• Total voters

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
We were a lame duck team on the road last year.
True, but I still think we match up better with LSU than Mizzou. They actually played UGA pretty close this year but it got away from them in the end. I just think with an experienced QB and passing offense in general, they will be able to score. It's also the kind of game where Grantham's aggressive attacking style can get burned repeatedly.

We hammered Mizzou pretty good in 2016 so hopefully the game will be more like that than last year, but my gut says that's a loss. Could just the sushi and soba noodles I was snacking on while watching the Grand Sumo Tournament.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, I remember predicting wed be 100th again bc that is what Mullinz does and getting attacked by Slev and some other gender challenged people.

I didnt realize Ole Slev wanted to measure points per play.
You’re an idiot. You’ve been wrong about this team over and over again yet you’re still throwing out I-told-you-so’s. Looking forward to watching you continue to squirm as they win.

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017

Yeah, that's my view too. Florida is probably a better team overall, but Drew Lock is going to punish our thin, young secondary.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
The mullet wrapper aka Gainesville is hedging their bets with Drooly picking LSWho and Amie picking :chomp:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Dooley picks against the Gators every week, and keeps looking like a fool.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Gonna be a great game Saturday. I can't wait to watch boys continue to grow as a team and shock the world. I expect the defense to continue how it's been playing as of late (bend dont break) I think we get our 1st pick 6 of the year this week and it comes at just the right time in the game.

On offense I think Mullen will continue to get the RB's involved and Frank's get comfortable with short easy passes but I think in the 2nd we will be able to go over the top a few times. I'm looking at a dirty game with a score of 24-17 UF

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Mizzou was mentioned above. Lock wings it around all over the field, but I think our D-line and LBs will harass Lock all game and pressure him into some really bad throws.

As for LSU, we plug gaps in their running game, force Burrow to throw, I think that helps us stifle them, keeping them out of the endzone.

Gotta wise up to their jet sweep and play proper corner contain. Our D has to stick to their assignments.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Interesting LSU stat from The Athletic:

LSU has scored on 20 of 22 red-zone trips, which ranks No. 31 in the FBS. But its touchdown percentage in the red zone is only 54.5 percent, and that ranks No. 104. Having one of the best kickers in the country in Cole Tracy gives LSU a luxury in that it can call plays with a different mentality, knowing Tracy can at least net the Tigers three points.

LSU has attempted only 11 passes and rushed 48 times in the red zone. Most red-zone plays for LSU feature three wide receivers on the field (seven passes, 28 runs in this personnel). The Gators may get stretched out, but, regardless, they have been able to stop teams from scoring touchdowns inside the 20. Florida’s defense is No. 1 in the country in red-zone TD percentage at just 25 percent (2 of 8 allowed).

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
What in the world does this have to do with anything?
All 3 teams have a lot of the same players, and last year results suggest we match-up better to Ogneramous's squad than Mizzous passing based offense. They've also surprisingly beaten us pretty regularly since joining the SEC so not like they are trying to break a streak or something.

But, yeah, we have a good chance to win that game, but in my opinion it is a little more likely to be a loss than a win. Like I said 40/60 or so is how I view it.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
All 3 teams have a lot of the same players, and last year results suggest we match-up better to Ogneramous's squad than Mizzous passing based offense. They've also surprisingly beaten us pretty regularly since joining the SEC so not like they are trying to break a streak or something.

But, yeah, we have a good chance to win that game, but in my opinion it is a little more likely to be a loss than a win. Like I said 40/60 or so is how I view it.
I just don't think you can compare anything this season with the Butters era. It's like night and day, even with the same players.

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Dooley picks against the Gators every week, and keeps looking like a fool.

I believe Dooley best epitomizes the print media today. He was on the leading edge of this wave, actually. He is miraculously able to look down on the people who is consuming his efforts, be completely uncompelling as a writer so as to engage the reader, and yet has managed to have a Master Lock on this position forever. Bravo, Mr. Dooley. Truly incredible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator