***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs LSU***

Who would you rather listen to in a press conference?

• Ed Orgeron

Votes: 88 96.7%
  • Jim McElwain

Votes: 3 3.3%

• Total voters

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Interesting LSU stat from The Athletic:

LSU has scored on 20 of 22 red-zone trips, which ranks No. 31 in the FBS. But its touchdown percentage in the red zone is only 54.5 percent, and that ranks No. 104. Having one of the best kickers in the country in Cole Tracy gives LSU a luxury in that it can call plays with a different mentality, knowing Tracy can at least net the Tigers three points.

LSU has attempted only 11 passes and rushed 48 times in the red zone. Most red-zone plays for LSU feature three wide receivers on the field (seven passes, 28 runs in this personnel). The Gators may get stretched out, but, regardless, they have been able to stop teams from scoring touchdowns inside the 20. Florida’s defense is No. 1 in the country in red-zone TD percentage at just 25 percent (2 of 8 allowed).

Sidenote: If you do not have a sub for The Athletic, I would suggest it, especially now in its infancy while everyone over there is enthusiastic about making it happen. The coverage from Will Sammon has been fantastic - worth it for the Gator coverage alone, but there is obviously much more to take in over there.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I just don't think you can compare anything this season with the Butters era. It's like night and day, even with the same players.
That I can agree with for sure. Other than a couple games left on our schedule, I guess none of them are locks as wins or losses, but it's definitely nice to have hope and feel like we are getting better, not worse as the season progresses, and we should be able to hang with any of them.

I really want this win tomorrow though. I think it will put us directly into the national spotlight. Not really in the discussion for the playoff or anything (but not technically eliminated), but lots of great press for the Mullen hire being clearly one of the best of the off season (and I'll gladly continue to eat crow) and for recruiting momentum.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That I can agree with for sure. Other than a couple games left on our schedule, I guess none of them are locks as wins or losses, but it's definitely nice to have hope and feel like we are getting better, not worse as the season progresses, and we should be able to hang with any of them.

I really want this win tomorrow though. I think it will put us directly into the national spotlight. Not really in the discussion for the playoff or anything (but not technically eliminated), but lots of great press for the Mullen hire being clearly one of the best of the off season (and I'll gladly continue to eat crow) and for recruiting momentum.
You nailed it.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
I just don't think you can compare anything this season with the Butters era. It's like night and day, even with the same players.
Anyone on this board could have matched the Butters era. That's not the measuring stick. That said, I'm very encouraged by what I'm seeing this year. Can't wait for kickoff. A win tomorrow would go a long way to eliminating the Butters/Chump stink that's been surrounding the program for the past 7 years.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
BEAT LSU.......That it all. Fixing to head to the SWAMP. Go Gators!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
It feels like today might be the day. Mullen Magic.

This is the swamp...only Gators get out alive. Getting hyped up for this one...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It feels like today might be the day. Mullen Magic.

This is the swamp...only Gators get out alive. Getting hyped up for this one...

That forward pass thing is a fad. Will never work.

Ground and pound. 0-10-1 BABY!!!!

Did you see me? I was at the 45 yard line east side and about 20 rows up. I'm in the orange shirt doing the chomp!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm pretty sure slev's vagina must be wet being this close to Cousin Eddie

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
McWilliams is garbage. Shouldn’t even be playing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator