• Both

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Neither

Votes: 69 50.0%

• Total voters

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
Without Greenard and Zuniga, there is no D Line. Period. We suck in the middle vs run AND pass. Did Reese fail to get on the plane? And no coach on planet earth is going to make a safety out of Taylor.

On O we are 1-dimensional. I don’t give a **** how much you pine for SOS, we have to be able to run the middle some to keep a defense honest. That is due to the complete solid human waste occupying 5 spots up front. You can only take the untalented so far.

Trask is good enough, but without a run game, you just witnessed his ceiling.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Caught LSU by surprise and we were in the red zone where coverage gets tight. Picking up 10 inside the 25 is tough. Just think there are other plays to gripe about that were much less successful.

Surprised you aren’’t all over Grantham. His defense looked totally unprepared and never adjusted. Looked bad today.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
We were good enough to beat these guys. I don’t think LSU will run the table.

Some issues IMO were bringing Jones in at some inopportune moments...seemed like it killed momentum at certain times.

3rd and 1 in the red zone...get the first down instead of throwing to the end zone and getting picked.

Some head scratcher play calls by DM in the second half, more so in the 4th quarter. Seems like we stopped throwing to Van for most of the 4th quarter when he was lighting up LSU all night. The late trickeration (the direct snap to Perine) fooled nobody. It was a wasted play.

The last play was weak...if you’re going to run option then bring EJ in. I would have preferred something else, maybe fake a run up the middle and sneak a tight end to the right into the end zone for a pass attempt. Worst case scenario is probably a jump ball attempt against a smaller DB.

Big opportunity that we didn’t capitalize on tonight.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
The better team won tonight and the sun will still come up tomorrow. I was gob smacked by some of the calls at the end, as were others. But shytt happens and hopefully we'll learn something from the game as a team and a staff. Frankly, I'm more concerned about the injuries than I am the loss itself. We probably won't see that smug @#$&%$! QB again, and we get those fine folks at our house next year. At least they won't have his smirk to look at anymore.

Now it's time to suck it up and fight like hell to win out. Another regular season loss seems quite possible but certainly not unavoidable. If we can beat UGA and go 10-2 or 11-1 I'll count this season as an important step in the right direction. Our team showed heart and some composure tonight, just not enough to overcome a more talented LSU - plus our own mistakes and coaching blunders. The talent level must improve significantly and recruiting is the 500 lb. gorilla in the room that must be wrestled to ground or the DM haters will really go apeshytt. And I'll be right there with them if we don't start pulling some better talent in soon.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I think EJ could be good in the offense too. Trask is a legit QB - just doesn’t run well enough to open the playbook all the way. Still, he picked up some yards on the ground.

FTR, you know I agree with you on Grantham. We’ve posted about it endlessly. Too hit or miss. He missed today. I just have heartburn blaming the offense for his crappy game plan. My biggest frustration on offense was Trask’s red zone INT - that was just bad.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
We were good enough to beat these guys. I don’t think LSU will run the table.

Some issues IMO were bringing Jones in at some inopportune moments...seemed like it killed momentum at certain times.

3rd and 1 in the red zone...get the first down instead of throwing to the end zone and getting picked.

Some head scratcher play calls by DM in the second half, more so in the 4th quarter. Seems like we stopped throwing to Van for most of the 4th quarter when he was lighting up LSU all night. The late trickeration (the direct snap to Perine) fooled nobody. It was a wasted play.

The last play was weak...if you’re going to run option then bring EJ in. I would have preferred something else, maybe fake a run up the middle and sneak a tight end to the right into the end zone for a pass attempt. Worst case scenario is probably a jump ball attempt against a smaller DB.

Big opportunity that we didn’t capitalize on tonight.
VJ had two receptions in the first half and like 6 in the 3rd. Pitts kind of disappeared but I think Aranda took him away. Need Grimes or someone else to step up when those two are taken.

JCTow

Nov 16, 2017
Let’s all be honest with each other. We should not, ever again this season attempt to run between the tackles....we do that we win out

edit: let’s not run at all

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Grantham showed the blueprint of what not to do against LSU. Look for Saban to roll LSU now.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
VJ had two receptions in the first half and like 6 in the 3rd. Pitts kind of disappeared but I think Aranda took him away. Need Grimes or someone else to step up when those two are taken.

Yeah, he lit them up in the 3rd and then it seemed like he disappeared for most of the 4th.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Or because their 3 DL were pressuring our QB quickly up the gut. OL got worked hard in the second half. Everything had to be quick. The option worked well for us in this game, like it or not.

By the way, you notice Trask in the pistol? Think i counted 4, maybe five times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator