• Both

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Neither

Votes: 69 50.0%

• Total voters

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
@ltraz, check the box score. They had 60 more yards but we owned or equaled every other offensive category - except TOs. Really hard to gripe about that. Defense just busted. Honestly, I like our chances in a rematch if we had the chance.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Still amazed at Trask's star caliber. DM needs to focus on players that have the potential to perform star-like. Develop those offensive players and develop killer plays for them. Flanker around for Swain ... later use Copeland ? Find surprise ways to shake 'em up. If when we had Toney zig-zag thru defenders, find a "like" speedy Gator, and execute similar plays. Develop, recruit, develop, recruit.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I’m just not as fired up about the offense. It can win games playing like it did tonight. We lose a lot if Grantham calls them like that. It was Mizzou last year bad - only difference was the offense kept us in it until Trask tossed a bad one.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I place 80% of this loss on Grantham. I couldn't see that he came into the game with a plan and I did not see any kind of adjustments. The other 20% is on Mullen's insistence on his running game. It hasn't worked all year. And It's not going to work with Trask. You have a gunslinger, use him. Go more west coast, similar to what LSwho was doing to us.

Absolutely.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
No qualms with that. Wasn’t clear from the rest of your comments. There’s definitely some core plays he keeps but this offense looks a lot different - to me - than it did last year or early this season with Franks. Even EJ has thrown some passes Franks wasn’t trusted to. I’m hopeful - especially if we upgrade some assistants and Grantham finds a new job.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Shame on me for “hiding my feelings” for this sorry, black wearing, dwag sucking, pig f u c king, fat, sob, for a week. I pretended. I pretended he wasn’t who and what I know him to be. I will not rest. I will not sleep. Until this mutherf u c ker is gone from Gainesville...I f u c king hate him and all he stands for. EABOD and choke and die and go to hell grantham.

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Football ain't meant to make us sad, but tonight we're saddened. Time to revive us immediately. We do that with new play schemes - both on D & O. DM, who are you overlooking: Copeland, Clement, Pierce, Davis?? Maybe Kadarius Toney could have burned LSU.? We overused Pitts, since he caught about 40% of what was thrown to him. Pitts is great, but not spreading the ball around allows DBs to deny Pitts 60% of his passes. Against LSU, we needed some speed going wide. Instead we overused "run to the clogged up middle.?? And for sanity's sake, practice our RBs to keep their head up looking for daylight -- not hit that pile burrowing in head down.?? We have so many good WRs, make schemes where the ball gets spread around. Seventh game, why isn't the OL developing? Aren't we playing freshmen a lot. Can't expect much D without Greenard and Zuniga at 100%.? Develop EJ enough so that you entrust to him more pass plays that use his dual-QB talents.

Does this loss make the rest of the season a rebuilding year?

NWFL GATOR

Nov 12, 2017
I thought it was cool to see a picture of this guy attending the game last night. I sure hope we get to see him on the field wearing the orange and blue in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator