Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs LSU***

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Another quote from today. Can be taken either way. I hope he’s right and there’s a better feel behind the scenes that we’re not seeing. Not sure about his math given we could’ve walked-off with a good FG.

Napier said he thinks the group's in a good place from meeting with the team yesterday: "I know that may be hard for other people to understand."

Napier says if they "got probably 6" more plays right Saturday they "probably win the game."

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Another quote from today. Can be taken either way. I hope he’s right and there’s a better feel behind the scenes that we’re not seeing. Not sure about his math given we could’ve walked-off with a good FG.

Napier said he thinks the group's in a good place from meeting with the team yesterday: "I know that may be hard for other people to understand."

Napier says if they "got probably 6" more plays right Saturday they "probably win the game."
That last paragraph is loser talk.

Here's the kicker, I sincerely believe this team can go toe to toe with anyone, we have some amazing talent. With the right scheme, prep, motivation, and coaching; none of these games are insurmountable.

I'll take the smoke for this but if Mullen was coaching these same players, at this same time, no changes at all: I would not expect the next three games as losses.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
6? Make the FG at the end, we win! Ark even gave us the gratuitous and unnecessary TO so we could regroup from our Laurel and Hardy spike play! If the team is in a "good place" our problems are even deeper than we express here.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Here's the kicker, I sincerely believe this team can go toe to toe with anyone, we have some amazing talent. With the right scheme, prep, motivation, and coaching; none of these games are insurmountable.

I'll take the smoke for this but if Mullen was coaching these same players, at this same time, no changes at all: I would not expect the next three games as losses.

The problem is, he wouldn’t have these players. Again, we’ve gone from hiring a defensive coordinator, to hiring an offensive coordinator, to hiring what appears to be a recruiting coordinator. It would be super awesome if we just hired a complete head coach. But yeah, a guy like EW could be great in that Toney position. Mullen was just too lazy to go get a Toney through hard work.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

felt this way for a while. there is talent and ability on the team. we arent beating georgia but we'd win most games with someone who can design an offense and scheme for a defense. im sick of the we have no talent and our players suck and we just need to get rid of all these losers on the roster before we can win talk. its freaking garbage, freaking false, and freaking embarrassing. there isn't a single player 2 deep that i would jettison before jettisoning at least some of the absolute stiffs we have roaming the sidelines on game day. im sick of billy ball apologizers and nut swingers trashing decent kids who are ACTUAL GATORS to suck off some fat, underperforming, room temp IQ, grown man whos only here for a check and will glady coach a rival and shove it up our ass next year if they offer better or we can them in the offseason. the kids deserve better from gator nation and if we want to talk about bad fans and a poor fan base, it is THOSE assclowns who are the ones that have made it that way.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Oh you definitely deserve some smoke. Mullen would try running Mertz like he was Tebow. And Grantham would still be coaching defense.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I remember the days when we'd be posting corndog stuff and having fun - even in years we thought we'd lose. This group isn't having any fun anymore. Reading this thread is really depressing.

@MidwestChomp finally posts a funny corndog gif. Good for him.
Gallows humor.

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I remember the days when we'd be posting corndog stuff and having fun - even in years we thought we'd lose. This group isn't having any fun anymore. Reading this thread is really depressing.

@MidwestChomp finally posts a funny corndog gif. Good for him.
That’s because we are getting old and cranky. Less booze and more work and shytie Gator loses make Gator chatter members depressed.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
I love my Gators. If we win even one more game thru the rest of this season it'll be a miracle. Billy-Boy has done a remarkable job of torpedoing this season. Dikface

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
The bayou kittens are likely without their starting QB and their secondary is suspect, so a win is plausible. But if we don't tackle and we keep running the ball into the big uglies, it will be an early evening. Frankly, it does not seem like we have 60 minutes worth of players.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Delusional old Gator fan here but we got some good players and I believe we can win this game. Yes, it’s hard to hear Billy keep preaching the same old bullshyt and it does have a lot of Butch Jones type stuff in it. That doesn’t sit well with Gator fans when we are losing and we hear the same broken record from BN every week. Saban preaches some of the same stuff but he shows fire in his belly and Bama has the hosses to grind it out.

Billy Napier I know comes across to a lot of us as belonging to the Grantland Rice wing of college football. “ Granny” Rice was the sportswriter for the Nashville Tennessean who said “It’s not if you win or lose that counts, it’s how you play the game.” That may be the mindset at schools like Vanderbilt or Sewanee, but it is not the mindset of any SEC school with the possible exception of Vanderbilt football.

BN is seen as a nice guy and as the old saying goes “nice guys finish last”. But for right now BN is one of us. I don’t see him getting fired this year. Yes, AD Stricklin is a smiling irritating dork who sucks up to the bureaucrats in Tigert Hall. The Fuchster brought him here. I don’t see President Sasse making any change there. The Administration is of the all sports trophy mindset which is not hard to do at UF.

BN has taken on big challenge of trying to change the entire culture of Florida football. It is no easy undertaking for a lot of reasons. For me it was sad to see the Gators losing to Arkansas wearing the black uniforms with the words “Honor”, “Excellence”, “Commitment”, etc. on their backs. Not anything against honoring our military. I’m a “stand before the flag, kneel before the Cross” type guy. But those words on the uniforms rang hollow last Saturday.

I believe we can win this game, but I know old Mike the Tiger can eat us alive. I had a former Gator player from the 1970s tell me how LSU used to run the opposing team right by Mike’s cage as they came on fhe field before the Saturday night kickoff at Tiger Stadium. You knew right then you better be ready. Then again, I’m not throwing in the towel before kickoff. Delusional? Perhaps. Stoned? Never. Realistic? I think so. Thankful for Florida and SEC football? Hanging in there.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
There has been one game (actually the first half) where BN and staff impressed me with the game plan. UTenn.

We are 22 games into this experiment.

BN is 11-11.

I dont see us winning another game. Young team and idiot coaches.

Last edited:

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018

He's saying his players need to do better, not his scheme. Guy needs to hire a home run OC then move completely out of the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.