***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Michigan***

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm hearing the credit card people are gone for good and that there are more to come.

Where are you hearing that? I would think only the ones charged criminally might be gone. I think because of the NCAA they are saying they have to stay suspended until this is reviewed by them because of possible benefit issues.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe as honorary captain Emmit can fire our guys up. Also maybe local CFB fans will cheer for Emmit's Gators & against against Harbaugh & Michigan.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Where are you hearing that? I would think only the ones charged criminally might be gone. I think because of the NCAA they are saying they have to stay suspended until this is reviewed by them because of possible benefit issues.
I expect them all to be charged criminally though some will likely be offered misdemeanors pleas.

All that received extra cards have extra benefit issues. There are going to be waves to this starting with the most recent then going back by semester.

Last edited:

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I expect them all.to be charged criminally though some will be misdemeanors.

All that received extra cards have extra benefit issues. There are going to be waves to this starting with the most recent then going back by semester.
Yet I've seen reports most will be back for the next game and only the "real" crime (paying rent with a stolen card) will be the longest lasting issue with a player. It's all a crap shoot at the moment. Anything can happen right now.

There should be no benefit issue. Peter Warrick and Winston got "extra" benefits through a crime they comitted....same thing here, it's not an NCAA issue unless the school/coaches were in on it

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Goes back to the multitude of stories of what happened and who is investigating it. If the players are expected back next week for the most part then the matter has been handled and no cops/arrests
So Raipes was handled?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yet I've seen reports most will be back for the next game and only the "real" crime (paying rent with a stolen card) will be the longest lasting issue with a player. It's all a crap shoot at the moment. Anything can happen right now.
You shouldnt get your advise from Sas regarding what is a "real" crime.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

There should be no benefit issue. Peter Warrick and Winston got "extra" benefits through a crime they comitted....same thing here, it's not an NCAA issue unless the school/coaches were in on it

I think many people are saying it is an NCAA benefit issue because of the types of cards they were and that is why UF has suspended them from practicing with the team etc. I did read somewhere that 6 of the 7 original players already paid the money in question back but not sure what their status will be after this week. I think the administration is just making sure there will be no NCAA problems with how this is being handled.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@nickbaumgardner: Jim Harbaugh on 97.1 this morning: Says he's still not revealing a starter at QB.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@nickbaumgardner: Jim Harbaugh on 97.1 this morning: Says he's still not revealing a starter at QB.
He just really likes looking like a douchebag. I mean I get it, he's a douchebag and he eats boogers, likes to have sleepovers with teenagers, and acts like he has a social disorder, but no one fccking cares if it's the one guy or the exact carbon copy that's the next guy.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He just really likes looking like a douchebag. I mean I get it, he's a douchebag and he eats boogers, likes to have sleepovers with teenagers, and acts like he has a social disorder, but no one fccking cares if it's the one guy or the exact carbon copy that's the next guy.
Hopefully we beat them with our 10 players suspended and it gives him a dose of humility.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
With Scarlet out the other three guys playing are all quite good at catching the ball out of the backfield. I would anticipate Nuss/Mac trying to matchup a back against one of their LB for a big play. Since we rarely if ever make adjustments we'll probably see this more than once on the first series. Regardless the backs will likely play a larger role than usual in the passing game. I feel that if Malik Davis gets 8-10 touches in this one he will bust a big play for a score.

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
With Scarlet out the other three guys playing are all quite good at catching the ball out of the backfield. I would anticipate Nuss/Mac trying to matchup a back against one of their LB for a big play. Since we rarely if ever make adjustments we'll probably see this more than once on the first series. Regardless the backs will likely play a larger role than usual in the passing game. I feel that if Malik Davis gets 8-10 touches in this one he will bust a big play for a score.
You can book it that if MT is in the game its a deep pass play to help with pass protection. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator