Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs. Samford***

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Today's game should be a feel good game. With the way things are no matter the outcome won't be a feel good day. They could win 99-0 and would not mean a thing about direction of the program. They could lose and it would be confirmed it is what it is. But still hope for a win.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like Samfords qb is averaging 300 yards a game in the air. I got a bad feeling about this one.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Today's game should be a feel good game. With the way things are no matter the outcome won't be a feel good day. They could win 99-0 and would not mean a thing about direction of the program. They could lose and it would be confirmed it is what it is. But still hope for a win.
Losing is the new winning.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Looks like Samfords qb is averaging 300 yards a game in the air. I got a bad feeling about this one.

The fact that it’s drizzling rain and basically will be up until kickoff is a perfect snapshot of our season. I don’t even need to know anything about their team to know this could go south.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
The fact that it’s drizzling rain and basically will be up until kickoff is a perfect snapshot of our season. I don’t even need to know anything about their team to know this could go south.

It could be the O&B scrimmage and I’d be expecting a loss at this point

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'm really concerned that if he gets the axe, that Stricklin will just bogey the next hire the same way. Would almost rather he stay and all of them get canned 10 months from now vs letting Stricklin anywhere around a new coaching decision.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
So, I just went to (reluctantly and resignedly) put the game on, and realized I can't get it. I am not an ESPN+ subscriber, because Fuchs ESPN.

For a second, I felt panicked. I CAN'T WATCH THE GATOR GAME??

Then, I felt relief. It's like that feeling when you have something work-related to do, but when you finally set out to do it, you get a reprieve because you realize you're missing something that you need to do the job. OH WELL!! TOO BAD!! Not.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
I was interested to see what Samford's record was against SEC football opponents. If we lose we won't be the first SEC school to lose a football game to Samford. That honor goes to Ole Miss back in 1934.

One victory for Samford against an SEC opponent: The Bulldogs beat Ole Miss 7-6 on Oct. 20, 1934. Samford has a 1-36-1 record against SEC opponents, with the tie coming against Alabama by a 7-7 score on Sept. 28, 1935. Since that game, Samford has lost 31 consecutive meetings with SEC opponents.

The field at Samford's F. Paige Seibert Stadium was named Bobby Bowden Field this year. Bowden played quarterback for Howard College which changed its name to Samford in 1965. So two reasons to beat Samford badly today. One, their football field is named after Bobby Bowden and two, their mascot is the Bulldogs.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I can't get the game. I thought the SEC contract showed every game?

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Fuuuuuuchs. After reading a comment by some azzhole in the Chat Box I realized I could get the game on the ESPN App on my phone, then cast it to the TV. So now I'm watching the game and I am not happy about it either. But what choice to I have? I'm a motherFuchsing Gator, man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator