Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs. South Carolina***

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Mizzou is the game Mullen will lose.

Mizzou runs a lot of misdirection run plays and lots of creative play action passes that require discipline from the defense.
Discipline has been a problem for us for awhile now and it will be worse now that the players have lost faith.
Missouri is even worse than SC, they barely beat Vandy. This is by far the worst Missouri team since they joined the conference.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Missouri is even worse than SC, they barely beat Vandy. This is by far the worst Missouri team since they joined the conference.

I had us splitting the two and clinching a bowl against Samford. It's a tossup between this week and Mizzou.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
they are always like that. they beat us like 48-6 one year and went to the SEC championship game when they lost to Bowling Green or some other Mac team earlier in the year.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
We should beat SC. Their fans dont think they can win. But with Mullen you can never be sure. He always plays down to competition.

Even if, and I mean if, mullen has the team rearing to go we still have the Grantham wild card where the defense could collapse and have their third string walk-on rush for 100 yards.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
We should beat SC. Their fans dont think they can win. But with Mullen you can never be sure. He always plays down to competition.

Even if, and I mean if, mullen has the team rearing to go we still have the Grantham wild card where the defense could collapse and have their third string walk-on rush for 100 yards.

Saturday will be one of two things. Either the whole shutdown of the media is rallying the troops and the team is truly focused, and we win(probably the next 4), or the wheels completely come off and we are going 2-2 down the stretch. I really see no middle ground at this point.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I'm assuming EJ will be the QB since AR left game last week with a concussion I guess. I look for Mullen to run a super vanilla gameplan like against Kentucky. I think we all know we should have no problem winning this game by 3 TD's, but there's really no confidence that will happen. I see an uninspiring and sloppy 7 point win.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

76162f27e94ecb.jpg

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I'm assuming EJ will be the QB since AR left game last week with a concussion I guess. I look for Mullen to run a super vanilla gameplan like against Kentucky. I think we all know we should have no problem winning this game by 3 TD's, but there's really no confidence that will happen. I see an uninspiring and sloppy 7 point win.

I'm not sure EJ doesn't actually give us the best chance to win these last 4. There's no question AR is better. But he should've been inserted officially either against VU or Uk and given the reigns so he could make those mistakes and be up to speed at this point. I think EJ can go more vanilla than AR and, assuming we haven't completely mailed it in, should be enough to win the last 4. And now that we're facing a real bowl eligibility question, Mullen is almost certain to go conservative with that mindset. The whole thing was botched, which I don't have to tell you.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not sure EJ doesn't actually give us the best chance to win these last 4. There's no question AR is better. But he should've been inserted officially either against VU or Uk and given the reigns so he could make those mistakes and be up to speed at this point. I think EJ can go more vanilla than AR and, assuming we haven't completely mailed it in, should be enough to win the last 4. And now that we're facing a real bowl eligibility question, Mullen is almost certain to go conservative with that mindset. The whole thing was botched, which I don't have to tell you.
EJ starting the rest of the way is probably worst case scenario. Not saying you're wrong but we'd definitely lose AR if Dan's still around next year. I'm still of the belief that AR's a potential star regardless of what happened in the Georgia game.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Muschamp era level of excitement here. Can't wait for this weeks episode of What can Dan screw up?
When did this change? It has been the entire episode.

I keep hearimg people talk about him havig a "good year" last year. Dafuq? 8-4, 3 game flopathon and didnt even practice for bowl game, got is on show cause.

Or "one bad year" as if the last three shttfests were any different... other than just blind hope that somehow we were champions again soon.

Last edited:

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
When dod this change?

Its been the entire episode.

I keep hearimg people talk about him havig a "good year" last year. Dafuq? 8-4, 3 game flopathon and didnt even practice for bowl game, got is on show cause.

Or "one bad year" as if the last three shttfests were any different... other than just blind hope that somehow we were champions again soon.
The acceptance of mediocrity is the new norm. Remember when Foley fired Zook after the MSU loss. Zook was axed for seasons Mullen gets rewarded with a raise.

Stay w/ me: Gators Football reminds me of the original Outback on Henderson Blvd in Tampa. That place was AWESOME. Now, Outback barely qualifies as a Steak because management understood there’s a benefit to selling mediocrity, even if the product isn’t as good. If you want a quality steak, go to Bern’s

If you want quality football, go to Bama or Jawja.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The acceptance of mediocrity is the new norm.
Not for me or many if not most of us.

as I said, the Kentucky game really changed my outlook on the program. we were tailgating with a ton of bull Gators frankly I was pretty quiet, never made my opinion known at all, because I wanted to hear what other people were saying. and 100% were anti-mullen.

now I realize that the drive RV to games subset of the bull Gators may not be completely representative, and maybe the fact that it was at Kentucky makes it even less representative, but still noise in the system is not just a few angry dudes on Gator chatter.

there are a lot of people that want this disaster done yesterday.

If you want quality football, go to Bama or Jawja.
sadly.

well we have an outback bowl coach who gets the fourth best bowl in the SEC.

Last edited:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
they are always like that. they beat us like 48-6 one year and went to the SEC championship game when they lost to Bowling Green or some other Mac team earlier in the year.
Mullen will point to the ice and snow as the reason we lose by 3 blocked FGs.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Mizzou is definitely a bad football team but so are we and Mizzou has beaten us 4 times since joining the SEC.

I believe Vandy could give us a game right now.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Saturday will be one of two things. Either the whole shutdown of the media is rallying the troops and the team is truly focused, and we win(probably the next 4), or the wheels completely come off and we are going 2-2 down the stretch. I really see no middle ground at this point.

Desperate people………….. next thing we will hear is that UF is holding a players only meeting and that’s when we know they have completely quit

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator