***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Tennessee***

GatorGriff

May 29, 2015
I think having Anzalone would have helped a lot last year. Having him back for this game this year will be huge. I would stack the box and put Tabor and Wilson on islands. No way they get beat by Dobbs arm.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
TLB doesn't own the rights to Snoopy love. I've loved Snoopy and the Peanuts gang since I was a very little boy. I remember once when I was about 6 years old or so, I had a friend in school who was moving with his family and as a goodbye gift, he gave me a Peanuts book because I loved them so much. I was quite touched by his ability to pick up on how much I loved them and that he gave "me" a gift when he was the one leaving town. To this day I still think about him and remember how that made me feel "cared about". Hope he's still doing well, where ever he is, cause I'll never forget my buddy Leon even though I never saw him again.

My name isn't Leon, and you're welcome but I want my book back.

On a serious note, not trying to compare Snoopy love, I have a pillow my Grandmother made when I was born onto which she stitched a Snoopy image where he's fighting the Red Baron. Additionally, I had a beloved sleeping bag from about age 5 well into my 30's covered with Peanuts characters. I lost that when my wife accidently destroyed it. And, I currently let my kids read from my collection of Peanuts books, but they are required to return them in pristine condition or suffer my wrath. Of all characters I've come across, this one sticks, obviously.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think having Anzalone would have helped a lot last year. Having him back for this game this year will be huge. I would stack the box and put Tabor and Wilson on islands. No way they get beat by Dobbs arm.

We didn't have Tabor in that game last year either. Having both of those guys this year will make a huge difference defensively.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
Force Dobbs to pass and let our corners have a field day. If VT did that ( and they don't have our corners) and didn't turn the ball over then I think they win that game. And I agree, Anzalone will be big factor. I'm more worried about our offence turning the ball over than them scoring on us.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Force Dobbs to pass and let our corners have a field day. If VT did that ( and they don't have our corners) and didn't turn the ball over then I think they win that game. And I agree, Anzalone will be big factor. I'm more worried about our offence turning the ball over than them scoring on us.

If VT doesn't turn the ball over they win. Dobbs without his feet is terrible.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
We didn't think Jefferson could be us with his arm last year, and we were the only big boy team he really did. Saturday's are strange days sometimes, I just hope we don't load up for run and we get torched through the air.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We didn't think Jefferson could be us with his arm last year, and we were the only big boy team he really did. Saturday's are strange days sometimes, I just hope we don't load up for run and we get torched through the air.
Do you mean Harris?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

That was crazy how he just threw it up there and the defenders screwed up on those plays. It seems we only do that type of crap against LSU and FSU for the most part however when it comes to pass defense sometimes in games and not Tenn usually.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
We better win this one. My parents are paying for the family to take my son and nephew to Disney for the first time for their 4th birthdays. My sister is a UT alum and I don't want to put up with her crap while there. Considering how long it has been since they won their fans will be out in heavy if we somehow loose.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Tyler Jordan is likely out for the UT game. Ugh. OL depth already getting tested.

LB Jeremiah Moon is out for a few weeks with a thumb injury that required surgery. That stinks. The young guys need reps. Especially in the North Texas game.

Looks like Callaway will be held out vs UNT so that they can get him ready for UT.

veroG8tr

Lifetime Member
Nov 30, 2014
I can't wait to see the look of fear in Dobbs eyes when he see #6 and #31.

He should Adam Lane his pants after he sees the film of the interceptions by those two last week. ....Priceless.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Our D just needs to show up and play World Class, take the game over... nothing like hearing that stadium yammering and belly aching. Go Gators!

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That was crazy how he just threw it up there and the defenders screwed up on those plays. It seems we only do that type of crap against LSU and FSU for the most part however when it comes to pass defense sometimes in games and not Tenn usually.
There was an UGA game a couple of years ago where Murray threw two 4th down prayers for TDs (cost us the game). I remember J. Watkins getting beat on one, can't remember who the other was (could have been Watkins again?). But both were well-covered and the UGA receiver out-battled our DB. That ain't happenin' this year.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
UT will stack the box and shut out the run. Applebees will be throwing the ball god knows where. Welcome back to 2015.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
UT will stack the box and shut out the run. Applebees will be throwing the ball god knows where. Welcome back to 2015.

Have some faith. I have no doubt Appleby will not get beat out in the passing game by alien boy even with the game in Tenn. We probably ought to let Appleby catch them by surprise a few times also and let him do some designed QB runs. Appleby is pretty tough when it comes to running the ball some. I think if we have no more than 1 turnover we beat Tenn for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator