***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Tennessee***

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Yeah I know.

But the fanbase seems to think we guarantee four seasons no matter what now.

What is Mac's buyout? Someone on here said 20 million plus, I just can't see Stricklin pulling the plug on Mac with a buyout that high. I'm thinking Mac get a 4th year regardless, unless he does the honorable thing and just takes a job somewhere else or retires.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What is Mac's buyout? Someone on here said 20 million plus, I just can't see Stricklin pulling the plug on Mac with a buyout that high. I'm thinking Mac get a 4th year regardless, unless he does the honorable thing and just takes a job somewhere else or retires.
"Florida extended McElwain’s contract one year through January 2023 and raised his annual salary by $196,300 to $4,486,000, taking effect 2017-18. The full six-year value of the contract is now $26,917,800.

McElwain’s maximum bonus potential will also increase from $450,000 to $825,000, which is not reflected in the aforementioned salary figures. There is also an increase in the amount owed McElwain should be be terminated without cause, increasing from $2,250,000 to $2,500,000 per year remaining on the contract subject to mitigation from other SEC employers."

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
We're still missing 9 players. Our entire team was effected by hurricane Irma. We lost valuable prep time. We have Mac and Nuss.

The only thing that evens this out is they have Butch Jones... So we have a chance.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
"Florida extended McElwain’s contract one year through January 2023 and raised his annual salary by $196,300 to $4,486,000, taking effect 2017-18. The full six-year value of the contract is now $26,917,800.

McElwain’s maximum bonus potential will also increase from $450,000 to $825,000, which is not reflected in the aforementioned salary figures. There is also an increase in the amount owed McElwain should be be terminated without cause, increasing from $2,250,000 to $2,500,000 per year remaining on the contract subject to mitigation from other SEC employers."

So that's what 5yrs left? Or does year 2023 count? Either way that's what 12.5-15 million buyout? He will definitely get another year, they didn't even want to fire Champ after his 3rd year with an 8 million buyout. Seems like we're stuck for the time being.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
His buyout is less than the cost of a couple of months of a half empty Stadium.

The real cost that we've been afraid to pay historically is the cost of the chunk of Fooley's ego.

Last edited:

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
They are not going to do a buyout that big. Too many past buyout screwups. If mac tanks this year, there would need to be enough pressure that he wants a negotiated buyout. I hope he can turn it around.

If he is launching a bbq sauce, he is having fun...

Go Gators

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
I can't believe how ho-hum Gator Nation is about this game.

I'm so old, I remember Vol games where we lost to them the previous year. There was electricity and ANGER around the game.

Now, this game has the excitement of an "Americas Got Talent" episode.

And for that, I'm pissed.

Really pissed.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
We're still missing 9 players. Our entire team was effected by hurricane Irma. We lost valuable prep time. We have Mac and Nuss.

The only thing that evens this out is they have Butch Jones... So we have a chance.
But what if Butch out coaches Mac? :afraid:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I can't believe how ho-hum Gator Nation is about this game.

I'm so old, I remember Vol games where we lost to them the previous year. There was electricity and ANGER around the game.

Now, this game has the excitement of an "Americas Got Talent" episode.

And for that, I'm pissed.

Really pissed.
I'm with ya. This will be the 29th UF/UT game I've been able to watch and it's by far the least interested I've ever seen the fan base.

Doopree

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015

He's here for a MINIMUM 3 more years. I don't see UF paying $10+ million for a buyout.

As a fan base we've been conditioned to coaches having 3-4 years to prove themselves but we're literally stuck with Butters. I don't see a coordinator change making a bit of difference either.

SC Gator

Sorta Kinda
Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Last time I was optimistic about Gator Football was after the first half of the Tennessee game. Offense was crisp,mixing it up. I thought we turned her corner. Been blah since that second half in 2016.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Mac is our Kevorkian-Coach; today vs Tennessee he's arranged that our Offense be boothenized.

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
The buyout will always be high, if he lasts this year he will get another extension, and so on, at some point someone will need to say enough.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The buyout will always be high,(we'll always be low) if he lasts this year he will get another extension, and so on, at some point someone will need to say enough of too little.

Krono, please forgive me for tampering with your post ... impishly on subject = no offense.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Have you noticed how secretive these contract extensions have become? No one knows about it until it is announced. I don't think anyone was trying to hire this monkey out from under us.

You know it's bad when Mick and Lee can only talk about how beautiful the stadium is.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He's here for a MINIMUM 3 more years. I don't see UF paying $10+ million for a buyout.

As a fan base we've been conditioned to coaches having 3-4 years to prove themselves but we're literally stuck with Butters. I don't see a coordinator change making a bit of difference either.
If someone would put so stolen credit cards in his desk we'd be fine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.