***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Tennessee***

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
The most depressing thing for me is that I am trying to muster the energy to care about this game. I expect us to come out and struggle to do even basic things right, I expect us to make no in game adjustments, and I expect our offense to be its usual abysmal self. It is astounding that it has come to this.

Frankly, while I (always) hope we win, I expect to lose and if we do it looking ugly this season could spiral out of control quickly. I think its already much closer to that than some want to believe.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
This is probably the most important game of the season for us. Although the FSU game and Georgia game are the most important to recruiting – this game is probably the most important for the season. Unless we go out and look like a P5 conference team on offense, he has to fire Nuss or the season will spiral out of control.

It's incredibly frustrating that Mac sees nothing wrong with the play calling.

Just take over it.
Maybe he don't want to expose himself as a bad play caller as well. Gonna need a new job after he's canned by us.

TN G8R

Aug 24, 2016
@CFTalk: Report: Tennessee S Todd Kelly has serious knee injury http://wp.me/p14QTT-1CIh

Saw this on Twitter this morning. Haven't been listening to local radio up here all week to keep sane but I'm surprised I'm just now hearing of it. That's terrible for TK. He's a great kid and leader of that defense. W8thout him their secondary has to be one of the worst in the east. Surely to goodness Nuss can't screw this one up.

Uncle Rob

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2016
I was just watching some of the replays of the Michigan game. Two things I noticed.

One is that Michigan seemed to know when we were going to run it and where we were going to run it. I saw lots of plays where the corner backs and safeties were ignoring the wide receivers even before the snap. If Tennessee does the same thing, Franks needs to check out of the running play and make them pay by hitting the receiver they just ignored. This is going to require the coaches to get the play in earlier so that he has time to look at the defense and change the play, if required. The coaches need to give him that option.

The second is that our receivers and tight ends don't block worth a damn. Two things Urban did well were making receiver blocking and special teams a point of emphasis. If the tight ends won't or can't block, sit them down and put extra linemen in for them

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Wow over on Tv20 in the ville. Talking about a few hotels asking evacuees and lineman to leave to make room for fans. You can't win for losing with this one

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The most depressing thing for me is that I am trying to muster the energy to care about this game. I expect us to come out and struggle to do even basic things right.
In other words, you expect to see more Buttersball.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I was just watching some of the replays of the Michigan game. Two things I noticed.

One is that Michigan seemed to know when we were going to run it and where we were going to run it. I saw lots of plays where the corner backs and safeties were ignoring the wide receivers even before the snap. If Tennessee does the same thing, Franks needs to check out of the running play and make them pay by hitting the receiver they just ignored. This is going to require the coaches to get the play in earlier so that he has time to look at the defense and change the play, if required. The coaches need to give him that option.

The second is that our receivers and tight ends don't block worth a damn. Two things Urban did well were making receiver blocking and special teams a point of emphasis. If the tight ends won't or can't block, sit them down and put extra linemen in for them

I thought I was the only one to see this during Butters tenure here, and we are not talking about short yardage. Often times we will have 2 WR's lined up on the same side and they will both, I repeat BOTH, will be on the LOS. That in and of itself says running play b/c the inside WR is ineligible b/c he is covered up. Moving either WR off the LOS makes them both eligible, provided there is no TE on that side. It is just a small thing but so glaringly obvious to anyone who knows the game and obviously the opponent.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Saw this on Twitter this morning. Haven't been listening to local radio up here all week to keep sane but I'm surprised I'm just now hearing of it. That's terrible for TK. He's a great kid and leader of that defense. W8thout him their secondary has to be one of the worst in the east. Surely to goodness Nuss can't screw this one up.
Nuss says to hold his beer lol. His best playcalling as a Gator has been from the booth. Hopefully there's a clear improvement today. Pat Dooley said he's heard this game is all Frank's barring a meltdown. So Nuss needs to open it up and go up tempo in shotgun IMO. Oh and not run on 2nd down 70+% of the time regardless of distance.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I will be in a media blackout starting in 5 hours...until I can watch the game........GO GATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The 441 bridge at the Columbia County line was just opened about 30 mins ago, for those coming from that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.