Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Tennessee***

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Feels like a turning-point game. Milton is not Hooker - UF can win this game.

Discuss.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
We can win this game. We almost beat them last season with a horrendous defense and AR throwing it all over the field.

If Billy opens the playbook up(I know, wishful thinking), and the defense is solid, we’re a good 7-10 points better than they are, especially at home.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This program is in need of a signature win. Beating UT would be it.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The defense was good yesterday. I know the opponent was week but the defense was in the correct position, most of the night. McNeese was a good warmup game for UT.

I think UT spent the Austin Peay week getting ready for UF>

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Winning this game would set the tone for the rest of the year. It would be huge for the program, and huge for Napier.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
FOOOOOOOK Toothless.

They are definitely beatable. The funny thing is even with the game they had yesterday against Austin Pee Pee they are still delusional to think they're invincible. UF definitely has what it take to beat this Hype-euled offense and they will be contested. If Austin Peay took it to their offense, no reason that AA and the D will not do as well. Milton is definitely not Hooker and seems to only be able to throw the unguided laser missiles.

This.....
1694349093061.gif

Can beat this......
1694349135667.png

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Let's just start this week off right......this never gets old.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think UT spent the Austin Peay week getting ready for UF>
Agreed. I sometimes think this way of prepping is suspect. Teams that are good (or as UT thinks they are dominant) take care of business regardless.

UF is improved especially defensively vs. last year's team. UT is nowhere near the team they were and Milton is not Hooker.

UF took care of business and approached it that way. Hopefully they will do the same this week.

Advantage UF.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
First posted here Sep 21, 2015. Except for both daughters having graduated, and my moving to CO 4+ years ago, pretty much the rest is as true today as ever.
---

Let me share with you why I hate UT.

I am a lifelong Gator fan. I moved to Florida when I was 4, and was immediately enamored with anything UF. When I graduated from UF in 1991, my first job took me out of the state, and my climb up the career ladder had me move to Tennessee in 1996. I expected it to be a 2 year stint.

19 years later, I am still here. This is where I bought a home, the only one my family has known. We live in a great town, suburb of Nashville with good neighborhoods and great schools, good enough to get my oldest daughter into UF. She is a freshman this year. It's really almost perfect.

Listen...my hatred for Clown College and Leghumper U is appropriately at a level so deep, so dark, that you would never speak of it at cocktail parties. Women and children weep. But living here for 19 years has elevated my hatred for UT to similar levels, despite the dominance we've had for most of my years here. Why?

First, that f*cking orange. It's everywhere. Shirts. Hats. Trucks. Hair. Signs. It's just hideous- the putrid, pumpkin shade of orange you only see in those little 4-pack of waxy, useless crayons made in Korea that kids get at sh!tty restaurants. I drive 10 miles to Lowes instead of 1/2 mile to Home Depot just to avoid that.f*cking.orange.

Next, their fans are morons. Not garden variety idiots mind you, but the fat, ugly, smelly, truck-stop hat wearing, cross-eyed, yellow-toothed, spittle when they talk mentally-defective imbeciles. They usually have sh!t all over their face when they eat. The men wear overalls, and the women muumuus. They talk sh!t all year, convinced that this is the year when it turns around to their former glory. I've been flipped off, honked at, and yelled at (in an unintelligible string of grunts) for having a gator plate on my car.

But finally... and really the reason bigger than all others...

That f*cking song.

They play it everywhere. EVERYWHERE! At the grocery store, in the elevators, at the high school games, in the parades, at funerals. It's nails on a chalkboard. You'd think it was the gap-tooth national anthem. The hillbillies stand at attention, with their crossed-eyes staring off in space like a dog hearing a high pitch whistle. I hate that f*cking song. When it comes on, my wife hides all sharp objects for fear that I will jam them into my head in an attempt to burst my eardrums.

My only salvation has been the winning streak that, each year, makes these half-witted prairie dogs go back into their holes to lick their wounds. I need 3 more years. When daughter #2 graduates, we are putting this place in our rear view mirror, never to return. Not because of our town (we will miss it), or our friends (from Vandy), or our home we came to love. No, it's because of that song.

That f*cking song.

I am coming down Saturday for the game, and will leave without a voice, which I'll leave in the stands. If I hear any hint of "that song", hide the pencils.

Go Gators.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Everything has to be looked at as a stepping stone. This team is too young, too inexperienced and too lacking in cohesion to go anywhere meaningful this season. It's all a setup for next year, and next year may even be a setup for the year after.

But for Napier to keep fans from jumping further down his throat, he has to find a way to cut down on the mental mistakes from his players and upset a rival or two. You can't go two seasons at UF without a win over a rival.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Everything has to be looked at as a stepping stone. This team is too young, too inexperienced and too lacking in cohesion to go anywhere meaningful this season. It's all a setup for next year, and next year may even be a setup for the year after.

But for Napier to keep fans from jumping further down his throat, he has to find a way to cut down on the mental mistakes from his players and upset a rival or two. You can't go two seasons at UF without a win over a rival.
I'm probably in the minority on this, but if we are really in this for the long haul then I am much less concerned with this, for this season only, than I am letting the young guys get very valuable playing experience. I think k a lot of these freshmen are better than many of their counterparts anyway.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
First posted here Sep 21, 2015. Except for both daughters having graduated, and my moving to CO 4+ years ago, pretty much the rest is as true today as ever.
---

Let me share with you why I hate UT.

I am a lifelong Gator fan. I moved to Florida when I was 4, and was immediately enamored with anything UF. When I graduated from UF in 1991, my first job took me out of the state, and my climb up the career ladder had me move to Tennessee in 1996. I expected it to be a 2 year stint.

19 years later, I am still here. This is where I bought a home, the only one my family has known. We live in a great town, suburb of Nashville with good neighborhoods and great schools, good enough to get my oldest daughter into UF. She is a freshman this year. It's really almost perfect.

Listen...my hatred for Clown College and Leghumper U is appropriately at a level so deep, so dark, that you would never speak of it at cocktail parties. Women and children weep. But living here for 19 years has elevated my hatred for UT to similar levels, despite the dominance we've had for most of my years here. Why?

First, that f*cking orange. It's everywhere. Shirts. Hats. Trucks. Hair. Signs. It's just hideous- the putrid, pumpkin shade of orange you only see in those little 4-pack of waxy, useless crayons made in Korea that kids get at sh!tty restaurants. I drive 10 miles to Lowes instead of 1/2 mile to Home Depot just to avoid that.f*cking.orange.

Next, their fans are morons. Not garden variety idiots mind you, but the fat, ugly, smelly, truck-stop hat wearing, cross-eyed, yellow-toothed, spittle when they talk mentally-defective imbeciles. They usually have sh!t all over their face when they eat. The men wear overalls, and the women muumuus. They talk sh!t all year, convinced that this is the year when it turns around to their former glory. I've been flipped off, honked at, and yelled at (in an unintelligible string of grunts) for having a gator plate on my car.

But finally... and really the reason bigger than all others...

That f*cking song.

They play it everywhere. EVERYWHERE! At the grocery store, in the elevators, at the high school games, in the parades, at funerals. It's nails on a chalkboard. You'd think it was the gap-tooth national anthem. The hillbillies stand at attention, with their crossed-eyes staring off in space like a dog hearing a high pitch whistle. I hate that f*cking song. When it comes on, my wife hides all sharp objects for fear that I will jam them into my head in an attempt to burst my eardrums.

My only salvation has been the winning streak that, each year, makes these half-witted prairie dogs go back into their holes to lick their wounds. I need 3 more years. When daughter #2 graduates, we are putting this place in our rear view mirror, never to return. Not because of our town (we will miss it), or our friends (from Vandy), or our home we came to love. No, it's because of that song.

That f*cking song.

I am coming down Saturday for the game, and will leave without a voice, which I'll leave in the stands. If I hear any hint of "that song", hide the pencils.

Go Gators.
I share your anger for all of that UT. Love it when people ask me about my Gator Plate on the front of my SUV. I tell them that it's good to be a Gator in TN. I remind them of their ineptitiude.

My hate runs a bit deeper for a few extra reasons:
One, it's UT
I will never, ever, never forgive those Phukers for how they lead the charge against UF to strip our titles away from us in the 80's.
Doug Dickey, 'nuff said on that bag of gas.
And most notably their hatred for the OBC. I remind them quite quickly how it was UT that turned their back on the Science Hill QB and how they would never use a QB like that at UT. Then they act like it was Spurrier who turned. As it appeared to be looks as if the UT Basketball Coach try to salvage it by offering him a Scholly. But he visited UF and the rest is history. Seeing SOS at several events over the years he always seemed to have a grudge against them.

Lots of things to hate UT for. Hoping we wax thier azzes this Saturday.

fischerwood

Wake me when we fix this mess
Sep 5, 2014
I think what really concerns me the most is our good players get discouraged,, and for whatever reason hit the transfer portal to showcase their skills elsewhere so they can be drafted higher...I hope I'm wrong, but our younger folks don't have the experience or patience like an old Gator like me...We shall just have to wait & see...
Go Gators... :jog:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator