Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Tennessee***

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Florida can definitely win this game particularly given our home field advantage. As has been mentioned before, Joe Milton has a rocket arm. I've heard he can throw a ball 80 to 90 yards. But it's like hitting a golf shot off the tee with your driver. A lot of people can hit a golf ball far, but it's accuracy that counts. Milton is definitely not the multidimensional quarterback Hendon Hooker was. You can be one dimensional and still have some fire in your belly, but Milton looks to me to be a stand up robot who either methodically hands the ball off drops back in the pocket to throw it. He does not appear to be an inspirational type of player (at least from a distance).

A quarterback with the characteristics of Milton can be rattled by a loud and hostile crowd.

It's definitely a must win for Billy Napier. He's got to win a big SEC game and he's got to make his move now.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
I wouldn't call anything a must win this year. I'm more concerned about how we look than anything. Do I see progress being made. We aren't gonna do anything special this year. Just get better

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
I wouldn't call anything a must win this year. I'm more concerned about how we look than anything. Do I see progress being made. We aren't gonna do anything special this year. Just get better
This, we have numerous young guys getting early playing time as we push out the riffraff.
Ofcourse I wanna win but Im also aware enough to know we're gonna see a lot of growing pains this season.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It doesn't matter just 2 games in but ...

Winning this game will be due to the defense. Even though it is two games in. We've both played two. We played the #14 ranked team. UT has played two unranked. We lost to Utah and they've beaten Virginia and Austin Peay. Statistically our Defense is much better than last year and what matches up against UT. We are almost dead even statistically Team Offense. Total Yards UF 906, UT 955. TD's UF 8, UT 10. Avg YPP UF 6.52 UT 6.37. This is going to come down to Defense and the team that makes the least mistakes. I really feel good about UF's shot in this game.

Florida can definitely win this game particularly given our home field advantage. As has been mentioned before, Joe Milton has a rocket arm. I've heard he can throw a ball 80 to 90 yards. But it's like hitting a golf shot off the tee with your driver. A lot of people can hit a golf ball far, but it's accuracy that counts. Milton is definitely not the multidimensional quarterback Hendon Hooker was. You can be one dimensional and still have some fire in your belly, but Milton looks to me to be a stand up robot who either methodically hands the ball off drops back in the pocket to throw it. He does not appear to be an inspirational type of player (at least from a distance).

A quarterback with the characteristics of Milton can be rattled by a loud and hostile crowd.

It's definitely a must win for Billy Napier. He's got to win a big SEC game and he's got to make his move now.
You are spot on. If AA can dial up a package to disrupt Milton, UF will win this game. I can see Scooby smacking him all night.
Many do not remember that Milton played in the game against UF two years ago. Hooker came in and actually had the better part of the game.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
You are spot on. If AA can dial up a package to disrupt Milton, UF will win this game. I can see Scooby smacking him all night.
Many do not remember that Milton played in the game against UF two years ago. Hooker came in and actually had the better part of the game.
I've been tryin' to tell y'all... somebody gonna go Alex Brown on dat azz!!!

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The blueprint is there on defense. A
Lot of cover 1 and some 0.
Hit the ****ing QB . I think Armstrong will give us a chance . Main concerns are freshmen at safety against a cannon arm
QB and our famously idiotic special teams providing gifts to the opponent .

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I believe we can win, but if we hold it up there as...a must win or the world ends kind of thing...that ain't too smart.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Not sure I agree. This isn’t 10-15 years ago where you needed, and thus got, 3+ years to get your system in place. I agree we’re not doing anything special this year, but I also think Napier needs a signature win, namely against a rival. This isn’t a perfect tennessee team and we’re at home. Plus while I agree that we’ll be getting better over the next few years and have a 5* coming in, there’s nothing to indicate the vols aren’t heading in that same direction and they have one already. Is the season over with a loss? No. But it all but guarantees we’re fighting for 6 wins again, which is tough to sell as improvement. Conversely, a win gives us a boost going into Uk and the rest of the SEC and makes defending the Swamp an attainable goal. Massive game for Napier.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

1694398081235.jpeg

Winning games and looking like dog penus gets you nowhere. See Eddie, Cousin, See, Teeth, Butter, Quality of play wins over the long term.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
WTF is going on. You sound like the sanest poster on here, now. And then I saw FF posted something very funny. And he posted agreement with this. I need to get out more often. I could not agree with you more, Born.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
I hate to break the news to you but I don’t see how losing this game to Tennessee in any fashion is going to leave anyone with the feeling that we are getting better. We lost to them last year. If we lose to them again it’s going to leave a bad taste in our mouths and I for one don’t see how that’s getting better. Getting better means winning and not losing.

Last edited:

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
I hate to break the news to you but I don’t see how losing this game to Tennessee in any fashion is going to leave anyone with the feeling that we are getting better. We lost to them last year. If we lose to them again it’s going to leave a bad taste in our mouths and I for one don’t see how that’s getting. Getting better means winning and not losing.
Would it help to read "trust the process"? :dunno:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator