Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Tennessee***

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I will miss Cover this am, but after being there last night the coffee is pretty good this morning.

It was so awesome to be back in the Swamp last night. A few observations:

Absolutely electric, we brought it.
If you don't see it on TV I actually saw Napier serval times waving to the crowd to pump it up.
Most physical game UF has played in I don't know when.
Most of all TOOTHLESS got out played, out coached, and physically dominated. They were gassed by the 4th qtr.
Awesome step in the right direction for this team. BUT........this is a great win and much needed over a rival. Keep expecations in check, keep building, and approach the game, one at a time, and business like.

And by the way to Mullett shyt head running his yap on BSPN that is responsible for the situation we're in.........Here's your shytburger.

1694952790170.gif

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
Huge win last night. I think there are still many who have our doubts about Napier due to the conservative offense in the second half, but we can probably all agree that:

1) Mertz is a tough kid, a good leader, and is far exceeding expectations
2) our baby faced DC has turned this defense around big time and that side of the ball has the potential to be great

As Mick Hubert would say “Gators beat Tennessee…again!”

Go Gators!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The fact is the foundation is turning out to be damn strong. If Lagway turns out to be a good one, this team could be really tough to beat in the coming years.

That was old-school Swamp action last night, with the crowd completely demoralizing the opponent. How many pre-snap penalties did UT have because of that noise?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Austin Armstrong is only 30 years old and likely has a very bright future. I just don't want him bailing for a few years as teams are going to try to hire him away - we need to make him contractually happy.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Heupel made it blatantly obvious he doesn't trust Milton at all. I was shocked how many times they ran the ball and threw the ball sideways, even down 3 scores. Their offense looked less innovative than ours.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Austin Armstrong is only 30 years old and likely has a very bright future. I just don't want him bailing for a few years as teams are going to try to hire him away - we need to make him contractually happy.
I guarantee you that he's in for a big pay day at the end of the year. I imagine that'll we'll make it to where it's gonna take a p5 job to pull him away

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
I said before the game, this was the test we needed for Napier to pass, if we are ever headed back to the top of the mountain.
Great game last night. Would have liked to dominate the second half like we did the first. Still a lot of areas to work on but, third game of the season and, we have indeed seen marked improvement in the team. The intensity, fire, heart and physicality, were definitely there last night!

Now, can we put it together game after game?
Can we get back to not worrying about Kentucky, Vandy and SC?

I'm back to where I was after the Utah win last year. Looks like Naps might be that guy. If we get to Jacksonville with only one loss, the team will be rolling with swagger for the dogs.

GO GATORS!!!

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Heupel made it blatantly obvious he doesn't trust Milton at all. I was shocked how many times they ran the ball and threw the ball sideways, even down 3 scores. Their offense looked less innovative than ours.
Yeah, at one point I just started yelling at the tv, "Run clock Run"
I'm not sure why Heupel decided he wanted to establish the run down 3 scores.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I agree. They might have ran 3 plays all night. Dive, screen and verts. I gotta tell you I was impressed with shemar James. We were able to line him up out wide. I don't remember seeing him get burnt once. Maybe we have a guy that can match up with bowers?

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
This, to me was a great call and play design by Billy. Maybe the play of the game. Hard to argue with big Des’ pancake of Mr. I Never Lose in Florida though.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I agree. They might have ran 3 plays all night. Dive, screen and verts. I gotta tell you I was impressed with shemar James. We were able to line him up out wide. I don't remember seeing him get burnt once. Maybe we have a guy that can match up with bowers?

I was very impressed with the way he handled the bubble screens all night.
It’s one thing to have the speed to get wide and help on coverage but it’s quite another to get out there and make the tackle. Shemar was all over it.

tharber

Oct 10, 2020
I'd say Mertz has proven he is not going to loose us any games. Our Defense grew up tonight along with a superstar DC. BN called a great game but also realized he got a little conservative in the 2nd half. I'm sure SOS will talk to him about hanging half a hundred on teams in the futre.

We might not be a contender this year still but our future is extremley bright with BN.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
Mertz's hands were pretty beat up, Trey and Trell were down, you got a nice lead. I had no problem with running the ball with the clock on our side and our Defense playing well

Last thing you wanna do there is try too hard and give em a fumble or a pick for a quick score.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
We might not be a contender this year still but our future is extremley bright with BN.
Hmm, one good game after that crap show in Utah. I loved the win, maybe a signature win, but hold off on anointing Billy just yet. He's still got some things to fix yet: conservative play calling, lack of downfield passing, special teams, etc.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Mertz's hands were pretty beat up, Trey and Trell were down, you got a nice lead. I had no problem with running the ball with the clock on our side and our Defense playing well

Last thing you wanna do there is try too hard and give em a fumble or a pick for a quick score.
Same thing I was thinking.

At the time it felt like Billy went into his shell a bit, but Mertz had a glove on one hand and a cut on his throwing hand. Probably best not to risk it too much

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, at one point I just started yelling at the tv, "Run clock Run"
I'm not sure why Heupel decided he wanted to establish the run down 3 scores.
They were #1 in rushing in the SEC. It's what they do. Plus... their QB can't be trusted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.