Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Texas A&M***

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Yeah, "facts" are funny things. We really didn't win, because A&M had a lot of players out. There's that "fact", right? You get more ridiculous by the day.

And you're right, not everyone hates you - just most of us.

And don't respond to this post, you know the rule. You do not see my posts.
Never respond to my posts. It gets old.

And I don't hate you, I feel sorry for you. And yes pray for you.
You hate the truth.
Eat eats at you.
It obvious to everyone but you.

And I don't need to be liked especially from a bully.

The funny thing is I agree with most of your opinions...but that's not enough.

All you have to do is say the word PUBLICLY.

I don't break any Charter Rules so it will be on YOU.

Jack Nicholson You Cant Handle The Truth GIF

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You hate the truth.
Eat eats at you.
It obvious to everyone but you.
Which "truth" would that be? Spell it out for us. I genuinely have no idea what you're talking about.

Set me straight, you've got my full attention.

And keep something in mind: there's a big difference between hating a man and hating an internet personality. You don't seem to realize there's a difference, and that's your biggest problem.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Which "truth" would that be? Spell it out for us. I genuinely have no idea what you're talking about.
I don't have to.
It eats at you
You know your heart.

Brother:
I mean this, I have to go...I won't say why because it will just trigger you.
But I'm praying for you. For your peace, your family, and your success.

Prayers Praying For You GIF by MOODMAN

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I don't have to.
It eats at you
You know your heart.

Brother:
I mean this, I have to go...I won't say why because it will just trigger you.
But I'm praying for you. For your peace, your family, and your success.

Prayers Praying For You GIF by MOODMAN
Yeesh.

I'm guessing this is some kind of dig at my personal faith, which is as strong as it's ever been. Nothing is eating at me. I just don't believe in preaching on sports message boards.

Take care, NOLA.

Ladies and germs, always remember that sports message boards are not for everyone.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We had players out too. Players transfer and booted off. They bought the best recruiting class in the country last year.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I hereby declare this Blue Angels Joke Week. The jokes are flying at supersonic speed over people's heads.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
I'm not going through that list but, several of those players listed have been out for several games, not just our game yesterday. That's the list for players out for the season, not just yesterday.
I believe there were 6 total out for yesterdays game. Granted, Their Starting QB was out, but, in watching their games this year, I felt like King was their best shot anyway.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
I seem to remember something similar. It was in New Orleans, I think. Something about bad water, tainted food. We didn’t really win. But a good bit of that was the immediate enemy and their shills. Fk’em and those of like mind. You play to beat the team on the other sideline and there damn sure won’t be a W* in the record book.
You know, @cover2 , that sounds like a fantastic intro to a Sunday morning game review article. You should really consider writing one. I think it would be a huge hit and give people some much needed perspective.

Just sayin... :grin:

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A win is a win.

Except, not really.

Reality.

Texas A&M is the worst team in the West.

Look at how many were out with the flu from the worst team in the West.

View attachment 50672

That player list is not limited to the flu. It includes players out with injuries as well as players injured before the season began.

File the list under melodrama excuses for bad coaches

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Yeesh.

I'm guessing this is some kind of dig at my personal faith, which is as strong as it's ever been. Nothing is eating at me. I just don't believe in preaching on sports message boards.

Take care, NOLA.

Ladies and germs, always remember that sports message boards are not for everyone.

No, Ox I did not quit...YET
I'll quit on my terms or you'll have to ban me.

I went to Church and did pray for you as well as several others who have asked.

No dig on your faith or Anybody else's faith.

You seem to have an issue with mine.

Prayers

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Thanks folks. Even Jimmy Chitwood had to eventually play ball again. Ox, in the midst of our non-denominational social media synagogue, penned things in the op that I’ve felt and believe. Particularly, we’ve been on a decade plus slide that has featured coaches who were more able than their records might indicate, but were obstructed by arrogance, sloth, and hubris. Ironically, those traits, two of them at least, are frequently associated with winning programs. The missing elements are in my opinion a connectivity between the athletic administration, the fans, and boosters/sources of funding.

Steve Spurrier changed a lot of opinions and served notice that the Gators were rising and through his leadership would rise to contest the conference leadership. And we did just that. After he left, we hiccuped for a bit until Urban came on the scene and won with a swagger of his own. We seemed finally to be resting in our rightful place among the cfb elite.

And then, almost as quickly as it came…poof…it was gone and for the next decade plus our trajectory resembled the Biden economy (with a couple of spikes) under the leadership of a young defensive genius who couldn’t believe we needed an offense, a carnival huckster who was somewhere on the spectrum, and a carpetbagger who used his “in” to parlay his snarky personality and aversion to work into a big exit payday.

Enter Billy Napier, or “Billy Who?” as many questioned. Why, we deserve better! We should have a coach with a pedigree, NC rings, curb appeal, etc. Maybe so. But we’ve got a young up and comer who brings a larger organizational plan and a willingness to work at recruiting, which was withering on the vine, and a guy that believes in sound fundamental football as the core of his program. Has it been exciting? Has it been overtly and immediately successful? Have we fans been patient knowing the inherited deficiencies? No, no, and no.

What will have to change at some point is the willingness to allow time, not forever mind you, for some needed changes to be instituted and cultivated for an actual program to develop. Until that is allowed to happen, it’ll be wash, rinse, repeat…again. Sooner or later we’re going to have to stick with a plan if we ever want to get off of this tilt-a-whirl we’ve been riding.

Last thing, for comparative purposes. Try to take an objective look at Kirby Smart and where he’s at with the hated Dawgs. He spent his time as a position coach, then coordinator, and finally HC. He struggled to start with, but he stuck with his approach based on who he learned from and how he was taught to plan and prepare. Last few years or so, he’s been right there and is sitting in the catbird seat again with a very fundamentally sound and well-coached team. Billy has similar roots. There’s no guarantee he’ll rise as far or as fast, but I’d bet on him and I’m looking forward to what we can do beyond this first season. I don’t think I’ve got enough years left to keep spinning the roulette wheel.
I'd disagree that it hasn't been exciting. It isn't always exciting, but there have been moments and even a couple of games that really were pretty thrilling. Unfortunately, included in that are some games with negative outcomes!

Much as I hate that it's true, your comments on Shart are right on the money. He certainly was well positioned to achieve success, but he didn't fumble the opportunity and has made the most of it. It is obvious even to someone as inexperienced in football as I am to see how well coached his teams are. (I'm always envious at how rarely they ever seem to miss a tackle!) I also don't think we give him enough credit for his ability to spot talent. Sure he signs a bunch of four and five stars, but it seems he has far fewer misses than others and his lines, both O & D, are always stout. He also should get credit for some of the lower rated guys he signed and turned into productive players like Bennett and McConkey.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'd disagree that it hasn't been exciting. It isn't always exciting, but there have been moments and even a couple of games that really were pretty thrilling. Unfortunately, included in that are some games with negative outcomes!

Much as I hate that it's true, your comments on Shart are right on the money. He certainly was well positioned to achieve success, but he didn't fumble the opportunity and has made the most of it. It is obvious even to someone as inexperienced in football as I am to see how well coached his teams are. (I'm always envious at how rarely they ever seem to miss a tackle!) I also don't think we give him enough credit for his ability to spot talent. Sure he signs a bunch of four and five stars, but it seems he has far fewer misses than others and his lines, both O & D, are always stout. He also should get credit for some of the lower rated guys he signed and turned into productive players like Bennett and McConkey.
I’ve always believed you can learn more from your adversaries than your friends if you’re willing to open your mind. A couple of things about Kirby that you might not know…when Zook was our DB Coach, he recruited Kirby and Muschamp wanted to hire him as his DC. He had two opportunities to be a Gator. But like most Ga HS players, the opportunity to go to UGA was what he wanted and as for working with Muschamp at UF, I think he was both able to see the writing on the wall and knew that if he bided his time he’d get a chance to be the guy in Athens. Whatever you may think, he’s done well at UGA and part of his success is from his being a tireless recruiter.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No, Ox I did not quit...YET
I'll quit on my terms or you'll have to ban me.

I went to Church and did pray for you as well as several others who have asked.

No dig on your faith or Anybody else's faith.

You seem to have an issue with mine.

Prayers

Nola, love ya but you're being exposed for gullible. Ox is just busting your chops, and you're falling for it. Chill.

NVAGATOR86

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2017
Good well earned road win at College Station. Not worried about style points, just stacking W's . Early start and both team's defenses looked like they were still in their bunks. Gators woke up in the second half and took control. Yes A&M had a depleted roster but that is all part of the game . How many of the players with "illness" would have played if the Aggies were 7-1?
In my view the win was important especially after the distraction of Cox being dismissed. In his rebuild plan CBN has to set standards for performance and accountability on and off the field. It appears that the team leaders responded to that standard and got a much needed win. Bring on the Cocks and let's see what happens. In the mean time football is a lot more fun when we win.

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
First of all, GREAT to see @cover2 posting again.

Second, that was the most complete game we’ve played, probably since the opener. Start to finish, all phases, were better than they’ve been since September. I don’t care how bad atm was, or how many players they were missing. We did what we should do against a bad team. We didn’t do that against USF or Missouri. So it was nice to see a competent offense and a better defensive effort (especially in the second half). It gives me a little more optimism for these last three games. Go Gators!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator