Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs UGA***

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Growing up in the late 80s, this game is and has always been the most important game for me. Outside of miami, there isn’t a worse breed of fans out there. Hate the songs they play. Hate the red pants. Hate the black shirts. Hate the accents. Hate the colors. Hate the bulldog logo. Hate their unwarranted smugness. Hate how many of their fans turned into fsu fans around 1990, only to turn back in 2000 or so. Hate Jacksonville for how many Florida born idiots are uga fans. Spent a few years as a child in St Aug and hated that I was surrounded by them. Literally despise everything about this team. I don’t even attend anymore because I just can’t stand being around them and it brings out a bad side of me that I’ve tried to subdue over the years. Absolutely hate them.
They’re just harmless nutlickers.

GolfinDog

Banned
BANNED
Jul 21, 2016
Growing up in the late 80s, this game is and has always been the most important game for me. Outside of miami, there isn’t a worse breed of fans out there. Hate the songs they play. Hate the red pants. Hate the black shirts. Hate the accents. Hate the colors. Hate the bulldog logo. Hate their unwarranted smugness. Hate how many of their fans turned into fsu fans around 1990, only to turn back in 2000 or so. Hate Jacksonville for how many Florida born idiots are uga fans. Spent a few years as a child in St Aug and hated that I was surrounded by them. Literally despise everything about this team. I don’t even attend anymore because I just can’t stand being around them and it brings out a bad side of me that I’ve tried to subdue over the years. Absolutely hate them.

94ED03BE-18FB-4829-87B0-7BDAF33A3B9D.jpeg
You forgot to mention how we insist on misspelling dogs. Embrace the hate.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

You forgot to mention how we insist on misspelling dogs. Embrace the hate.

Oh I don’t hold that that against you. The entire SE region, including Alabama, Mississippi and georgia have a specific slow manner of speech that causes the wording to draw out like that, of which the spelling is just a reflection. Researchers think it’s most likely a mild case of Down Syndrome but studies are ongoing.

Anyway, good to see you. I was slightly concerned you’d contracted some type of rare toenail infection that went straight to you brain and were no longer with us. Relief doesn’t even accurately capture the mood.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I could never pull for UGA but if this tweet is accurate I won't be upset at all if UGA wins 75-3.

I just keep reminding myself that Zook was canned without any regard for what he may be able to do later in Jax or against fsu, Muschamp was canned two weeks after his upset against uga, and McElwain was out after winning the East twice and roughly a month removed from an epic last play to beat the vols. I want us to win for obvious reasons and to help keep uga out of the playoff. And I don't think it saves him in any way. But like you, I will take at least some solace in the fact that a beating will only cement things further. Felt the same way in 2017 where I also chose not to watch.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Mullen talking last night about driving up to the stadium in Jacksonville thru the Fl. and Ga. fans.
Said something like "Everyone thinks your number one its the finger they use thats different.

That funny even if you hate Mullen.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Mullen talking last night about driving up to the stadium in Jacksonville thru the Fl. and Ga. fans.
Said something like "Everyone thinks your number one its the finger they use thats different.

That funny even if you hate Mullen.

Honestly, that's what I think infuriates many of us. He does have some characteristics and abilities that, if applied in conjunction with that "relentless effort" he preached, could've made the marriage work. Maybe not flawless, but it could've worked. You see moments. If he truly wanted to be great, I think he could be. He just doesn't care enough to do what needs to be done. Of course, the fact that despite that we guaranteed him 30 million regardless of outcome doesn't help.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If he trots EJ out there for the first snap....I hope the entire UF portion starts chanting Fire Mullen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator