Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs UGA***

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Not looking for a lateral move, seems there's another guy in MS doing a bit better

LK is what we just had. Career 9-10 win guy.

Not saying BN is the definite answer, but he did at least get us up to speed in the facilities/recruiting world, whether he’s the guy reaping the rewards or not. LK basically mocked recruiting again tonight after the game saying A&M’s freshman class isn’t great yet. Total clown and will never win anything. Also got beat by Lsu worse than we did. Again, I’m all ears on options, but not him.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
LK is what we just had. Career 9-10 win guy.

Not saying BN is the definite answer, but he did at least get us up to speed in the facilities/recruiting world, whether he’s the guy reaping the rewards or not. LK basically mocked recruiting again tonight after the game saying A&M’s freshman class isn’t great yet. Total clown and will never win anything. Also got beat by Lsu worse than we did. Again, I’m all ears on options, but not him.
Options are good. Plenty out there that could do better than 1-4 in the SEC in their first year at UF. BTW, Croom went 2-3 in his first 5 SEC games with a signature win that got the first of our four stooge coaches fired.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Options are good. Plenty out there that could do better than 1-4 in the SEC in their first year at UF. BTW, Croom went 2-3 in his first 5 SEC games with a signature win that got the first of our four stooge coaches fired.

I respect the hell out of a well formed argument. So, my compliments.

I’ll continue my mantra though that Napier is 2-3(4-3) if he had even a manage-the-game QB. And if AR was from somewhere else, he’d have been benched. As it is, there’s a very delicate balance. Having been to every home game the last two years, trust me on that. Just look at Brown, Miller and Stokes(or Rashada), plus the fact that Kitna stayed while DelRio left. I didn’t watch all of today, but even in my limited time saw a wide open streaking WR down the seam that AR overthrew by 5 yards. How many of those have we missed this year?

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Go snatch Freeze from Liberty before Barn does

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I respect the hell out of a well formed argument. So, my compliments.

I’ll continue my mantra though that Napier is 2-3(4-3) if he had even a manage-the-game QB. And if AR was from somewhere else, he’d have been benched. As it is, there’s a very delicate balance. Having been to every home game the last two years, trust me on that. Just look at Brown, Miller and Stokes(or Rashada), plus the fact that Kitna stayed while DelRio left. I didn’t watch all of today, but even in my limited time saw a wide open streaking WR down the seam that AR overthrew by 5 yards. How many of those have we missed this year?
It would take to much research for us to figure that number out. I hate to say it but I've moved on from AR, he's to inconsistent, to often he refused to be what made him (an elite runner), he can't get through his reads, he's not accurate at all with even the short routes, and he seems to have a severe lack of confidence. I hate it for the young man cause he seems like a nice kid but he ain't it and it's obvious.

He would help his case a ton if he played more of a if the 1st read ain't there take off but he don't do that he just holds onto the ball way to long and throws it away or turns a loss into a 2 yard gain at this point. I don't believe the hype anymore and I ready to give Miller a chance

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It would take to much research for us to figure that number out. I hate to say it but I've moved on from AR, he's to inconsistent, to often he refused to be what made him (an elite runner), he can't get through his reads, he's not accurate at all with even the short routes, and he seems to have a severe lack of confidence. I hate it for the young man cause he seems like a nice kid but he ain't it and it's obvious.

He would help his case a ton if he played more of a if the 1st read ain't there take off but he don't do that he just holds onto the ball way to long and throws it away or turns a loss into a 2 yard gain at this point. I don't believe the hype anymore and I ready to give Miller a chance

The problem is the better teams (starting this year with UK) will take that away. You have to be able to play QB, not just run if no one’s open. We’d win the first game we did that(Utah) and the immediately get shut down in conference play. As I said, look at Hooker for ut. That’s a dual threat QB. We may have that on the roster and not even know it. Agree we should be willing to explore options.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I would say at this point the odds of BN working out is no better than 8-1 against. There’s no arguing that so far he’s doing a terrible job. Worst conference record in decades.

Trying to blame it on AR is bizarre, and trying to suggest that if AR just wasn’t from Gainesville, Napier could play the QB he really wants to, but unfortunately the handful of fans who are actually from Gainesville are forcing his hand, is one of the strangest conspiracy theories I’ve read in awhile.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
AR Is certainly not helped by our 12 personnel and bunch formations that cut off escape routes and make throwing lanes narrower.

To start the second half we came out in a real spread due to being down 25. We drove right down field. Then, after scoring form that concept, we got a turnover and switch right back to the 12 personnel bunch (or 11 but motioned into the same bunch BS that narrowed the throwing lanes and ARs escape routes). It is perplexing that we continue to voluntarily put ourselves in positions that are less likely to succeed.

Others have noted the 3rd and long off tackle runs. I wasn’t as outraged by the runs (often 4 down decisions) as I was about the presnap bunch formation (Or motioning into our bunch with one WR in bubble motion). We had failed at that for so long that it was just bad coaching to keep repeating that same failure at crucial game moments. Our guys just couldn’t win those battles yet we kept doing it even after learning it was a losing. Style.

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
Everything has come full circle. It's just like having the Bear at Bama, Dooley at Georgia, Bill Battle at Tennessee, and Doug Dickey here all over again.

suicide GIF

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Our front 7 is terrible. We cannot stop the run or pressure the QB against almost anyone or cover any TE. That’s our worst problem.

The offense has plenty of issues and until AR makes people pay for spying him then opponents will spy, then when he’s flushed go get him.

I was surprised by our play in the 3rd quarter, they showed some grit against a great opponent, and saw some hope there on both sides of the ball. But we’ve got a long way to go.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The Dwags made some stupid mistakes turning the ball over in the 3rd to allow us to score a couple of times, but this game was over at halftime. We aren’t a good football team and they’re ranked #1 for a reason.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
The Dwags made some stupid mistakes turning the ball over in the 3rd to allow us to score a couple of times, but this game was over at halftime. We aren’t a good football team and they’re ranked #1 for a reason.

Yeah, we’re a far cry from the 10 win team plenty on here were claiming we’d be.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, we’re a far cry from the 10 win team plenty on here were claiming we’d be.
I knew that before the season started. It’s why I predicted 7-5 which now looks like best case scenario.
IF AR had lived up to the potential we saw last year, 10 wins (or better) could’ve been possible, but that’s a helluva lot to ask from a first year starter.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
How deflating to put up 17 straight points against the best team in the country only to have another shyt show on defense snuff out any hopes of a come-from-behind upset.

We don't tackle, we don't cover, and we're like a sieve up front. Worst Florida defense I've seen. Even 415-pound Watson was getting exposed against the run. Our defensive numbers are significantly worse than a year ago, and we knew then we had a big problem. It feels futile.

I love Anthony Richardson. I think he's the wrong quarterback for this team. He makes too many mistakes to justify waiting on the the big play. Maybe that changes. I doubt it. He was a perfect fit for Mullen. This ain't Mullen.

Let's get this season over with and move on. It's already wearing on me.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
How deflating to put up 17 straight points against the best team in the country only to have another shyt show on defense snuff out any hopes of a come-from-behind upset.

We don't tackle, we don't cover, and we're like a sieve up front. Worst Florida defense I've seen. Even 415-pound Watson was getting exposed against the run. Our defensive numbers are significantly worse than a year ago, and we knew then we had a big problem. It feels futile.

I love Anthony Richardson. I think he's the wrong quarterback for this team. He makes too many mistakes to justify waiting on the the big play. Maybe that changes. I doubt it. He was a perfect fit for Mullen. This ain't Mullen.

Let's get this season over with and move on. It's already wearing on me.
AR, by all accounts is a great kid and representative of UF as a player. He isn’t, however, a fit for Slingblade’s 1975 offense. You hit the nail on the head when you said he was perfect for Mullen’s, but even Mullen didn’t have confidence enough to throw him out there against meaningful competition until the pressure was just so great on him that he had no choice. We saw the result last season of that against the same team, the difference being that we also see it against much shyttier teams too.

We made some head scratching play calls yesterday, and this was the first time I really questioned Napier’s ability to call plays. Against a team like Ugay and a coach like Kirby, you have to be a tad more creative, especially when you’re severely outclassed and outmanned.

We do absolutely nothing well defensively, well, except flex and commit penalties at the worst possible time. It’s maddening to watch. At least the last four games are winnable, but there’s also the strong possibility that we drop all 4, or 3 out of 4 at least.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
AR, by all accounts is a great kid and representative of UF as a player. He isn’t, however, a fit for Slingblade’s 1975 offense. You hit the nail on the head when you said he was perfect for Mullen’s, but even Mullen didn’t have confidence enough to throw him out there against meaningful competition until the pressure was just so great on him that he had no choice. We saw the result last season of that against the same team, the difference being that we also see it against much shyttier teams too.

We made some head scratching play calls yesterday, and this was the first time I really questioned Napier’s ability to call plays. Against a team like Ugay and a coach like Kirby, you have to be a tad more creative, especially when you’re severely outclassed and outmanned.

We do absolutely nothing well defensively, well, except flex and commit penalties at the worst possible time. It’s maddening to watch. At least the last four games are winnable, but there’s also the strong possibility that we drop all 4, or 3 out of 4 at least.
Don't count out Vandy.

Seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.