Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs UGA***

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Not saying you are wrong. So, if you have a QB that has AR's gifts but refuses to use them, what would be your move? Or how would you like to see it handled by the coach? I think he would best be suited with pass plays that have a predetermined guy he is throwing to before he snaps the ball. If that guy isn't open, tuck it and do what you do better than anybody in the country. Either AR is refusing to do what he is coached, or BN isn't relaying the message to AR that our team has the best chance of winning when he doesn't try to force the pass and uses his legs to take what the defense gives him.

We are 8 games into the season. An adjustment needs to be made.
I would’ve pulled him weeks ago in favor of Kitna. Obviously, none of us are at practice to truly judge Kitna’s ability, but as bad as AR has been at times, I know I would’ve yanked him.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I would’ve pulled him weeks ago in favor of Kitna. Obviously, none of us are at practice to truly judge Kitna’s ability, but as bad as AR has been at times, I know I would’ve yanked him.

It’s hard though. From a perspective standpoint, he’s seen as the next great UF QB and has been for some time. Everyone has assumed it will happen and he’ll be great, which could happen. But making a knee jerk I’ve with him could’ve been disastrous because of the local support. Tough spot to be in because, as you see even here, very few want to see that it may actually just be him.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It’s hard though. From a perspective standpoint, he’s seen as the next great UF QB and has been for some time. Everyone has assumed it will happen and he’ll be great, which could happen. But making a knee jerk I’ve with him could’ve been disastrous because of the local support. Tough spot to be in because, as you see even here, very few want to see that it may actually just be him.
I don’t think it’s just AR. It’s scheme, playcalling, personnel and execution. But he asked what I’d do and I know I would’ve benched him. Hell, I’ve made the coaches pull my kid when he was 7 for missing a tackle even though you see about 50 missed tackles a game at that age. :lol:

On a side note, I recall SOS yanking Terry Dean when he was the absolute front runner for the Heisman trophy. I couldn’t believe it but he had some stones.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Ok, that’s semantics. They were 4-4. And 2016 was a garbage year. The fact that such a record garnered 2nd place that season, while the 2nd place finisher this season is possibly 11-1 and in playoff contention actually aids my argument. They took a significant step backwards that year in record and have been a buzzsaw since is my point.

And no, I’m not banking on it. I’m saying the uga fans went through just as much of a “oh ****” phase in year 1 as we are. I have friends and used to read their Rivals board.
Okay, I agree that they had growing pains with their new staff, and you couldn't see immediately that the future was the top of the College Football world as a championship program. But it's not completely semantics. 4 conference wins including a win against one of their Rivals is about what we were expecting as a floor of Nap's first season.

That's why we both agree, we could use some wins now starting with a win against a floundering aTm team to avoid this being a record setting bad start for a new Gator coach.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I don’t think it’s just AR. It’s scheme, playcalling, personnel and execution. But he asked what I’d do and I know I would’ve benched him. Hell, I’ve made the coaches pull my kid when he was 7 for missing a tackle even though you see about 50 missed tackles a game at that age. :lol:

On a side note, I recall SOS yanking Terry Dean when he was the absolute front runner for the Heisman trophy. I couldn’t believe it but he had some stones.

I like it. If you’re looking for some other tips on getting the most out of your athletes, Saddam had some great ideas. Do you have any loose electrical wire at your house?

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
By the way, Go Toothless Buttchuggers!!. I'd like nothing more than Shart and the dwags to have only 1 Championship, and that one with a big asterisk since technically all they did was split their 2 game matchup with Bama.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah I can't believe I'm saying this. In my 43 years of life on this miserable mudball, I never imagined saying this, but for this week and this week only, go buttchuggin cuzinfckrs.

Saulgoodman

Sep 26, 2019
Another point on AR and his gifts not being used, no one is asking who’s making those decisions. Richardson himself said after the Utah game that he kept watching highlights of him running and admitted he felt like he should be throwing more, because after all, he’s a quarterback. Whether it’s in his own head, or coming from his camp, he’s shown that he’s trying to prove something through the air. I’ve said for months that he’s got people in his ear that seem to be dead set on him not being a running QB. Look at the Q3 pick against Usf. Nothing there, and instead of extending the play or even conceding and running, he throws directly to a LB. And we’ve seen as recent as Mizzou where he had the whole field in front of him on 4th down and had to be practically begged by the crowd to take off. That’s not on Napier or anyone else. He’s trying to be something that most indications are he can’t be.
It's simple, AR is doing his own thing or Napier isn't coaching to get the most out of him.

Both are concerning but if it's the latter of the two, that's even worse in my opinion. Just hope to see an adjustment going forward.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah I can't believe I'm saying this. In my 43 years of life on this miserable mudball, I never imagined saying this, but for this week and this week only, go buttchuggin cuzinfckrs.
It's gonna be rough as hell and not sure I can do it. These UToothless Fans will be insufferable if they win. But I hate the Ball Lickers just as much.

Saulgoodman

Sep 26, 2019

I commend you are your kid. Couldn't agree with you more on your suggested change. AR is the starter because of what he can do with his LEGS, not arm. Maybe I'm the only one but I'm not convinced he is that much better than our back ups passing/accuracy wise only. So let's see somebody else.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It's simple, AR is doing his own thing or Napier isn't coaching to get the most out of him.

Both are concerning but if it's the latter of the two, that's even worse in my opinion. Just hope to see an adjustment going forward.

I feel like you’re speaking of his being replaced too easily. Have you been to a game this year? I don’t mean that in a smart ass way. Honest question. Because I have people that sit behind me and apparently have known AR his whole life and speak of him like he’s their child. If he throws behind a receiver, they were running too fast. All game. And they’re not alone. I think people are slowly coming around and being more balanced, but again, it’s a delicate balance Napier has to play here. And especially considering the climate we’re in, he sits Anthony and puts in a kid named Jack Miller after say the Uk game, holy smokes at the fury that would ensue. All we can hope for Ian that we continue to progress both on the field and on the sidelines. But it’s not an easy situation.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018

Disagree--clearly, we despise both teams. Fuch the dwags and fuch the vols.

But if the asteroid doesn't make an appearance on Saturday, someone's got to win. georgia's already established as a reliable top 5 program...tennessee is not. We don't want them to win and provide still more competition for us.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Take Smokey over to UGAs doghouse and have him piss all over him, then take Smokey over to the dog graveyard and take a runny wormy **** all over it.

**** UGA. **** that closet ****** cocksucker with the bowl cut. Go orange clad inbreds.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
They could legit run the tables and win it all. It could be a gift though. I believe they have the 19th best roster according to 247. Maybe it'll convince our administration to stop trying to hire saban disciples.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Disagree--clearly, we despise both teams. Fuch the dwags and fuch the vols.

But if the asteroid doesn't make an appearance on Saturday, someone's got to win. georgia's already established as a reliable top 5 program...tennessee is not. We don't want them to win and provide still more competition for us.
This would be a reasonable argument, however you overlooked one critical piece of counsel, that being fuk the dwags.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Take Smokey over to UGAs doghouse and have him piss all over him, then take Smokey over to the dog graveyard and take a runny wormy **** all over it.

**** UGA. **** that closet ****** cocksucker with the bowl cut. Go orange clad inbreds.
Don’t hold back, tell us how you really feel

Saulgoodman

Sep 26, 2019
I feel like you’re speaking of his being replaced too easily. Have you been to a game this year? I don’t mean that in a smart ass way. Honest question. Because I have people that sit behind me and apparently have known AR his whole life and speak of him like he’s their child. If he throws behind a receiver, they were running too fast. All game. And they’re not alone. I think people are slowly coming around and being more balanced, but again, it’s a delicate balance Napier has to play here. And especially considering the climate we’re in, he sits Anthony and puts in a kid named Jack Miller after say the Uk game, holy smokes at the fury that would ensue. All we can hope for Ian that we continue to progress both on the field and on the sidelines. But it’s not an easy situation.
If it was at the beginning of the year I agree with you. We're coming up on game 9. AR seems like a really great person who does all the right things off the field. You're right, it makes it tougher with him being from Gainesville. On top of that, factor in the NFL draft BS and his moments where he flashes. The Utah game did nobody any favors and have only made the situation more complicated. Nobody has rooted for the kid harder than me. God trust me, I want him to succeed. When he is on, we can play with the top teams EVEN with a average roster.

However, if he isn't giving us the best chance to win, then Napier is not doing his job. That is why Napier is being paid the big bucks, to make those tough decisions. I remember Saban yanking Hurts in the national championship game for Tua. Then I'll be dammed if he didn't do the same thing in reverse the next year in the SEC championship game. I don't think that could have been easy either time, but he made that tough choice.

No Napier isn't Saban and nobody will be. No I don't believe we have a Tua or Hurts on the bench. But we will never know if Napier won't pull the trigger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.